Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Casey Finnigan posted:

why does the ruling class think that allowing all US hospitals to fill up and allowing the US healthcare system to collapse is going to work out better for them in the long run? It doesn't seem like there's any reason why that would be the case. Am I just dumb? Why not avoid total collapse of the healthcare system instead?

number doesn't seem to be affected by it so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Casey Finnigan posted:

why does the ruling class think that allowing all US hospitals to fill up and allowing the US healthcare system to collapse is going to work out better for them in the long run? It doesn't seem like there's any reason why that would be the case. Am I just dumb? Why not avoid total collapse of the healthcare system instead?

Because none of this will touch them. Their healthcare will not be collapsing.

None of this matters.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Casey Finnigan posted:

trying to avoid the healthcare system collapse might make number go down

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9V78UbdzWI

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Casey Finnigan posted:

anyway the purpose of the government is to offer suggestions to people. if people don't want to take those suggestions, then there is nothing that can be done. We, the people who take the suggestions, must fight the people who do not.

this is a dumb as hell take

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

of course shes being funded by right wing dark money lol of course

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Gio posted:

chuds are not the only demographic refusing vaccination. another huge demographic is young people. i’d wager most people refusing vaccination are far far less political or ideologically motivated than you think. if you set the figure high enough ($1,000? $2,000? $5,000???) i guarantee you the money will do all the arguing to convince ppl to get vaxxed. add in three paid sick days, too.

just off voting rates vs vaccination rates, old people vote the most and most conservatively, but they also got vaccinated the most as a group. I'm sure the 10% of olds who didn't vax are 100% trump voters but still there's plenty who did juice up

Edit wow, 65+ is 91% first dose, 81% 2 doses

Mr Interweb posted:

what kind of question is this

I'm trying to get people to be specific about just whose grave can be danced on

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Aug 22, 2021

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

Gio posted:

chuds are not the only demographic refusing vaccination. another huge demographic is young people. i’d wager most people refusing vaccination are far far less political or ideologically motivated than you think. if you set the figure high enough ($1,000? $2,000? $5,000???) i guarantee you the money will do all the arguing to convince ppl to get vaxxed. add in three paid sick days, too.

Another huge demographic is uninsured people. They sure have reason to be naturally suspicious of something being called free even though this is the rare instance of it being true.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Casey Finnigan posted:

anyway the purpose of the government is to offer suggestions to people. if people don't want to take those suggestions, then there is nothing that can be done. We, the people who take the suggestions, must fight the people who do not.

i guess the government did all they could, how could i blame them that half the country is subhuman and deserves death

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Louisgod posted:

this is a dumb as hell take

these are my true and deeply held beliefs, sir

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators

E Depois do Adeus posted:

From a few pages back but do you have lit on this or is it just your observations?

Just observation

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Gio posted:

$100m one time payment to tucker Carlson would have handled the rest

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Srice posted:

Another huge demographic is uninsured people. They sure have reason to be naturally suspicious of something being called free even though this is the rare instance of it being true.

(except when it's not because some people have still been charged)

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
One of my friends had covid recently and for 2 weeks post testing negative he's had some sort of pink eye that doesn't respond to antibiotics

Vernii
Dec 7, 2006

WampaLord posted:

it's a nice preview of the type of poo poo we'll be hearing during climate change crisises. Crisi? What's the plural of crisis?

The Deluge.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Casey Finnigan posted:

What are regulations? And laws?

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Vernii posted:

lol at thinking most unvaxxed are because the government didn't try hard enough and not because most of them are chuds who are only motivated by spiting the libs.

*watches video of chuds threatening pharmacists with execution*

"this is because the government didn't pay people to take a shot"

its like there's a contingent of CSPAM that haven't crack pinged yet and still think there's hope for the country and that Americans will do the right thing if the corrective incentives are in place
theres a big difference between the true believers and your average everyday dumbass that isnt vaccinated bc he just doesnt care. the latter is a much larger group.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

SirPablo posted:

What are regulations?

but these idiots whose deaths i lust for don’t want to follow rules nothing can be done

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

SKULL.GIF posted:

wait you get 2 hours daily to go outside? why are australians crying about the lockdown then

We get two hours of outdoor masked exercise with one other person within 5km of your home.

And they're crying because rheyre huge loving babies who are getting paid $3,000 a month to do nothing.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Casey Finnigan posted:

if the government does more than suggest, that's authoritarian. You're auth-left. You're a tankie.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

mastershakeman posted:

I'm trying to get people to be specific about just whose grave can be danced on

okay, how about this then?

anyone who is anti-vaxx/anti-mask/anti-any precaution, regardless of race, income, gender or sexuality, should be laughed at with robust merriment when they die

Rubby
Aug 31, 2002

<3 Louby

cr0y posted:

(Pennsylvania) What's the best story/method to get the 3rd shot if I don't currently qualify?

https://i.imgur.com/cYK4OYn.mp4

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

screaming at my disgusting slug of a neighbor that he deserves cancer from the power plant because he uses plastic straws and drives a truck

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Steve Yun posted:

he needs his third liver transplant?

let some other people get a liver man

poison womb vibes

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Besides TWIV - What COVID/Medical podcasts do you guys listen to for maximum crackping

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

inferis posted:

but these idiots whose deaths i lust for don’t want to follow rules nothing can be done

True. Lot of people want the benefits of living in a functioning society without the required consent and participation.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Gio posted:

of course shes being funded by right wing dark money lol of course

She's in the replies trying to push back

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Pillowpants posted:

Besides TWIV - What COVID/Medical podcasts do you guys listen to for maximum crackping

DOCTOR JOHN CAMPBELL on youtube

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Pillowpants posted:

def john campbell

also:

Insanite posted:

latest death panel podcast feels simpatico with this thread:

https://twitter.com/DeathPanel_/status/1428462333655924741?s=20

lots of angry oster bashing, among other things

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

Casey Finnigan posted:

they have their own functionally separate health system and what happens to the peasants' system doesn't really matter to them

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Holy poo poo, how are these guys not still the #1 meme right now when people are dying all over and leaving trails of self-owns across social media?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

kalensc posted:

Whoa now this is very wrong

We're like....either Pennsylvania or New York

Big chunk of good people in a metropolitan area
A big city or 2 that are borderline okay
Some cottage areas that aren't overrun with assholes
And giant swathes of rural desolation sparsely occupied by a variety of chuds

Quebec can be the Massachusetts of Canada, I know you guys would love that.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

If big companies even slightly wince because of covid the fed will drop B-52s full of money on them in a split second.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Georgia threw away ~836k doses last I checked.

Meanwhile Australia with its worst outbreak yet can't secure enough mRNA to allow under 40s to get it yet...

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Quebec can be the Massachusetts of Canada, I know you guys would love that.

everyone knows that Quebec is just an extension of Maine

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014

Reverend Zero posted:

a time traveling soldier that arrives in our time to get his 69th moderna booster

his name? max titor

lol

Raiad posted:

you know, with almost everything that happened a year ago happening again but worse, i realized that i miss the ghana pallbearers

it was a very forced meme

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
i learned on twitter that if you think doctors can refuse to treat unvaccinated people, you're racist because it also means you think doctors can refuse to treat black people.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/FrankLuntz/status/1428829649379880961

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020

Reverend Zero posted:

a time traveling soldier that arrives in our time to get his 69th moderna booster

his name? max titor

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wXeV5cqb_3Y