Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://twitter.com/seanrmoorhead/status/1429452366353375235?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

https://twitter.com/dustin82/status/1429163011705556998

Sometimes I think that Nate's job now is to show his whole rear end on Twitter.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

ultrafilter posted:

get clicks get six (figures)

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Cocaine Bear posted:

Yeah, the cons aren't as bad at saying the quiet part as the current republican party, but they very much have the same goals and masters.

So they're Democrats

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Byzantine posted:

So they're Democrats

Yes, all sides are the same. No sense taking the Nazi poo poo seriously because the other party sucks too! You're very smart!

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
The conservatives are republican style hate monsters, the liberals are democrat style ineffectual right wing centrists, the ndp are also corporate centrist and the greens are their own brand of nutter

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Byzantine posted:

So they're Democrats

They didn’t say incompetent as well so they might be a bit better

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

The Nazis were basically built around aesthetics as applied to statecraft, so you're asking for Hitler to be in power til 1995 here.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Improbable Lobster posted:

The conservatives are republican style hate monsters, the liberals are democrat style ineffectual right wing centrists, the ndp are also corporate centrist and the greens are their own brand of nutter

Greens are pretty cool.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Oh also Trudeau is the blackface prime minister lol

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Scratch Monkey posted:

The greatest trick the Devil (aka Australia) ever pulled was convincing the world he was a polite, harmless bunch of aw-shucks provincials

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
Can I get some info on the Canadian Greens? I'm curious on if they're one of the weirdo Green parties from some odd history with a single member or policy (a brief Wikipedia check says no, but I also know that's something you'd easily whitewash if you did have problems), or one of the normal ones that just look weird by being the mostly-sane guys in the room of crazies.

I'm from Australia, where they wound up being the 'proper' leftist choice and third most prominent party, so it's always a little weird to look at another country and see 'oh, their Greens apparently got super weird about the death penalty' or something.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

British Greens are currently in the middle of a TERF war but then again that's kind of a thing everywhere in Britain lately.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

They're kind of weird and hard to pin down. They're trying to be a progressive enviro party but they let a lot of crazy in. Couple elections ago part of their platform was getting WiFi out of schools because ??? radio waves. They're also presently tearing themselves apart with a wing of the party trying everything they can to oust the current leader, a drama that will play out in the middle of a loving election.

Short answer: centrist bs with an environmental focus and not much clarity of purpose otherwise. They don't want pipelines but they're also a bit suspicious of those trails planes leave in the sky :tinfoil:

Oh and they usually have like 1 or 2 seats and don't get invited to all the debates. They're very much a non factor in Canadian politics. The French separatists party has significantly more power on the federal stage.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

A theme with Greens is that they tend to be a mix of genuinely principled leftists rightly recognising that liberal parties don't want them, various flavours of crazies that don't fit into the main parties either including hardcore conspiracy theorists, anti-vaxxers and TERFs, wannabe careerists who the liberals and conservatives don't have room for (see also the DSA) and 'tree tories' who are basically protest voting chuds who haven't yet internalised the 'Captain Planet villain' rhetoric of the right.

Spek
Jun 15, 2012

Bagel!

Cleretic posted:

Can I get some info on the Canadian Greens? I'm curious on if they're one of the weirdo Green parties from some odd history with a single member or policy (a brief Wikipedia check says no, but I also know that's something you'd easily whitewash if you did have problems), or one of the normal ones that just look weird by being the mostly-sane guys in the room of crazies.

I'm from Australia, where they wound up being the 'proper' leftist choice and third most prominent party, so it's always a little weird to look at another country and see 'oh, their Greens apparently got super weird about the death penalty' or something.

Until the last election the Greens only had one seat, their leader Elizabeth May. Last election they got 3, but over the past few months one of the seats defected to the Liberals over Israel/Palestine issues, then a bunch of infighting started regarding the new leader over the same issues and now it looks quite likely the party will implode this election.

Prior to that they were all over the map. Largely focused on the environment but in both good and incredibly misguided ways. Opposing nuclear and GMOs, for a bad example, and supporting green initiatives like rebates for people renovating their homes or buying electric cars. They used to do good work pointing out government hypocrisy on the fossil fuels industry but since Elizabeth May stepped down as leader they've been a much less effective voice in the Canadian discourse, in my opinion, despite having more seats in parliament.

They've never been a great party and a lot of their support in the early-mid 2000s/2010s was because they were the first official party to support pot legalization now that that's been legalized they might lose a lot of their younger supporters. But who the hell knows.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Ghost Leviathan posted:

British Greens are currently in the middle of a TERF war but then again that's kind of a thing everywhere in Britain lately.

That's the Greens of England and Wales. The Scottish Greens I believe are terf free (but i could be wrong)

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Mega Comrade posted:

That's the Greens of England and Wales. The Scottish Greens I believe are terf free (but i could be wrong)

The Scottish Greens did have one transphobic MSP recently but he flounced because “why won’t the party debate my bigoted views :qq:”. They’re currently dragging the SNP along to do trans law reform that Sturgeon promised five years ago, and there’s a somewhat serious proposal floating around to completely sever ties with GPEW if Shahrar Ali wins the leadership election down here.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Spek posted:

Until the last election the Greens only had one seat, their leader Elizabeth May. Last election they got 3, but over the past few months one of the seats defected to the Liberals over Israel/Palestine issues, then a bunch of infighting started regarding the new leader over the same issues and now it looks quite likely the party will implode this election.

Prior to that they were all over the map. Largely focused on the environment but in both good and incredibly misguided ways. Opposing nuclear and GMOs, for a bad example, and supporting green initiatives like rebates for people renovating their homes or buying electric cars. They used to do good work pointing out government hypocrisy on the fossil fuels industry but since Elizabeth May stepped down as leader they've been a much less effective voice in the Canadian discourse, in my opinion, despite having more seats in parliament.

They've never been a great party and a lot of their support in the early-mid 2000s/2010s was because they were the first official party to support pot legalization now that that's been legalized they might lose a lot of their younger supporters. But who the hell knows.

Also the Canadian Greens have a surprisingly strong "small government/low taxes/few regulations" streak for everything except environmental stuff they focus on. They picked up a lot of ex-Reformers (Conservatives) who still make up a good lot of the party itself.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
https://twitter.com/redditships/status/1429515946713042950?s=20

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Also it's important to not confuse Canada's federal parties with its provincial ones. The federal Conservative Party are a bunch of overtly misanthropic corporatists, yes, but not to a degree I would consider super unusual for a western nation political party.

Some of the provincial conservatives though are deranged loving lunatics. Especially those in the prairies.

Mak0rz has a new favorite as of 20:47 on Aug 22, 2021

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Mak0rz posted:

Also it's important to not confuse Canada's federal parties with its provincial ones. The federal Conservative Party are a bunch of overtly misanthropic corporatists, yes, but not to a degree I would consider super unusual for a western nation political party.

Some of the provincial conservatives though are deranged loving lunatics. Especially those in the prairies.

Just like the US!

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

I dont know why they're advertising it with scantily clad women, but its good to finally see a video game about Australia.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Cum play, my cuntlord

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

And you could have it all,
My empire of squirt.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Cocaine Bear posted:

Yes, all sides are the same. No sense taking the Nazi poo poo seriously because the other party sucks too! You're very smart!

Any party not aiming for the Dictatorship of the Proletariat is right wing

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Mak0rz posted:

Nova Scotia’s provincial Conservatives just won an election with a more leftist platform than the provincial Liberals in fact!

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

FreudianSlippers posted:

Any party not aiming for the Dictatorship of the Proletariat is right wing

Are you saying the Democrats aren’t right wing

Really

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

CharlestheHammer posted:

Are you saying the Democrats aren’t right wing

Really

Democrats are right wing by basically any metric.

Even the fringe leftists elements like Bernie Sanders are at best middle of the road Social Democrats or "center left" basically just centrists.

Cygna
Mar 6, 2009

The ghost of a god is no man.

Oh boy. Who's gonna tell him?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

There's a loving song about it and everything

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

ultrafilter posted:

https://twitter.com/dustin82/status/1429163011705556998

He’s a Disney star.

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
I don't know if there's a single twitter thread that sums it up, but the guy in charge of choosing the new Jeopardy! host chose himself, everyone complained, then it was revealed he loves terrorising female employees especially if they're pregnant, then they found his old """"comedy"""" podcast with lots of racism, and now he's "stepping down to stop distracting from the show" lmao

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

He truly Michael Richards himself!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

I don't know if there's a single twitter thread that sums it up, but the guy in charge of choosing the new Jeopardy! host chose himself, everyone complained, then it was revealed he loves terrorising female employees especially if they're pregnant, then they found his old """"comedy"""" podcast with lots of racism, and now he's "stepping down to stop distracting from the show" lmao

Stepping down as host but not as producer

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

OwlFancier posted:

And you could have it all,
My empire of squirt.

:vince:

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣

The Saddest Rhino posted:

He truly Michael Richards himself!

I don't think that applies here in any conceivable way except to reference some tired gimmick phrase :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GlobglogGroAbgalab
Jul 25, 2016

It appears that the elephant is highly sensitive to the effects of LSD - a finding which may prove to be valuable in elephant-control work in Africa.
https://twitter.com/horatioskald/status/1429635697871360005?s=21