Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

"Time to give up on covid zero" messaging continues to ramp up from the Aussie liberal party (liberal in the true sense, not the American understanding)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwUdDLMlZsk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Pretty sure that's a PS5.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

lil poopendorfer posted:

I haven't been working in the field since November so I got vaxxed later AND I got three doses already (scooped an extra dose that was destined for the trash before I became eligible, but it was over the course of 60 days--probably suboptimal) so I'm gonna hold off until Dec for the 8 month mark.

Why wait? I'm able to limit my exposures now so I feel the risk of a 4th dose outweighs the benefits. If I worked in a high exposure environment I'd probably feel differently.

Max Titers origin story lol

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schnorkles posted:

yeah, no real therapeutic right now.

i know a couple of people in labs who are dusting off the old antiviral work but that might be useful in 10 years

Pfizer's applying for EUA on their Protease Inhibitor by the end of the year - 5 day course of pills you have to take with Ritonavir (just like HIV drugs):

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013
my texas public university (which "strongly encourages" everyone to get vaccinated and wear a mask, but does not have a mandate because texas) is going back in session tomorrow. i had to walk through campus for a class thing (i am a student. yes, yes, i am a tiny baby, i know) and there was a massive, massive mob of freshmen waltzing through the main campus drag. i'm talking hundreds if not over a thousand people, maybe the entire population of our (quite extensive!) freshman dorms. many were not wearing masks. needless to say, i was wearing a kn95, and i steered clear of the crowd. meanwhile cases are going crazy in this area. we're so hosed.

lol

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

"Time to give up on covid zero" messaging continues to ramp up from the Aussie liberal party (liberal in the true sense, not the American understanding)

playing endgame Plague Inc. when madagascar decides to open its border

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Protease inhibitor?!

Those strippers better watch out!

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
i read nate silvers twitter and got dnd flashbacks

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
I read Nate Silver's twitter and I now understand bullying.

Iverron
May 13, 2012

lol Grady in ATL at negative 40% beds available on the hhs utilization site

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

Testvan posted:

i read nate silvers twitter and got dnd flashbacks

Little known fact: evilweasel is Nate's forums handle.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I went to an outdoor wedding on August 6th where I was one of maybe three people wearing masks and somehow apparently nobody has social media-ed about being sick yet.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Google Butt posted:

maybe I should get nitrous instead

Get high concentration hydrogen peroxide, what could go wrong?

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
Good news I just found out about this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stateville_Penitentiary_Malaria_Study

Participants of the studies were exclusively white men, of similar age and health, which was the primary demographic of Stateville Penitentiary
The Stateville malaria experiments were used as a critical point of defense for the Nazis, who argued similarities between their prisoner experimentation and the United States’ at Stateville Penitentiary

White men, you are off the hook for vaccine refusal

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

McNugget Buddy posted:

Pfizer's applying for EUA on their Protease Inhibitor by the end of the year - 5 day course of pills you have to take with Ritonavir (just like HIV drugs):

seems odd that they tout data points like viral load & histopathology instead of clinical outcomes like deaths or hospitalizations, etc. Is that normal for phase 1 trials? Or is this just them cherry picking data for yet another underwhelming antiviral;

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

lil poopendorfer posted:

seems odd that they tout data points like viral load & histopathology instead of clinical outcomes like deaths or hospitalizations, etc. Is that normal for phase 1 trials? Or is this just them cherry picking data for yet another underwhelming antiviral;

i would not trust a q2 earnings report to be an accurate assessment of pre stage-2 clinical data

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

and a bit bulge under my armpit

yeah what is this poo poo I had this too

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

once the FDA approves Pfizer, can people with kids between 4 and ten just go to a doctor or pharmacist and ask for like, half a jab? how does any of this work?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

also depending on where they are in clinic they may not have a lot of data available

which means, lol, who knows if its useful

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

From NZ

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

empty whippet box posted:

I hear 95% of people in the UK have antibodies!

I love how this talking point has been coming up since like goddamn June of last year and it keeps coming back no matter how many loving time it gets annihilated.

An infectious disease not just going to rip through every unvaccinated person in a country in a month and leave the entire population with antibodies. It's not going to happen. If a study is telling you that this is the case, then you really need to look at that study for evidence of data bias.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It's gonna be funny when new Zealand only takes tourists from china and southeast Asia and not Australia

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

liberals in America are also liberals

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

text editor posted:

inflamed lymph node, pretty ordinary

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

text editor posted:

Lymph nodes cranking out mighty B and T cell warriors

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

text editor posted:

location of memory b cells confirmed!

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lil poopendorfer posted:

Phase 2/3 trial will be done in October:

https://www.precisionvaccinations.com/vaccines/pf-07321332-oral-antiviral

quote:

PF-07321332 Protease Inhibitor Antiviral Clinical Trials

A Phase 1, double-blind, sponsor open, single, and multiple ascending dose study evaluates the safety, tolerability, and pharmacokinetics of PF-07321332 in healthy participants.

The purpose of this Phase 2/3 study is to determine whether PF-07321332/ritonavir is safe and effective for the treatment of adults who are ill with COVID-19 and do not need to be in the hospital but are at an increased risk of developing severe illness. A provision will be made throughout the study period to allow study visits to be conducted at a participant's home or another non-clinic location if available. The total study duration is up to 24 weeks. Estimated Primary Completion Date: October 5, 2021.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/568868-mississippi-covid-19-patients-who-refuse-to-self-isolate-could-face-fines

Mississippi COVID-19 patients who refuse to self-isolate could face fines, jail time

quote:

The state health officer for Mississippi issued a COVID-19 isolation order on Friday, telling people that if they test positive for COVID-19 and refuse to self-isolate, they could face fines or possible jail time.

In his isolation order, Mississippi State Health Officer Thomas Dobbs said that people have to isolate themselves at home once they become aware that they are infected. People are expected to remain home for 10 days after becoming ill or testing positive for COVID-19, regardless of whether they are fully vaccinated.

“A negative test for COVID-19 is not required to end isolation at the end of 10 days, but you must be fever free for at least 24 hours with improvement of other symptoms,” the order said.

The order stated that refusal to obey could include several fines or punishments. Someone who refuses to obey the order of a health official could receive a $500 fine, up to six months in jail or both. However, when a life-threatening disease is involved, the refusal to obey the order could include up to $5,000 in fines, five years of jail time or both.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

poisonpill posted:

once the FDA approves Pfizer, can people with kids between 4 and ten just go to a doctor or pharmacist and ask for like, half a jab? how does any of this work?

It's called the "off brand" which is used for other types of medicines but depends on the BLA being approved.

etalian fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Aug 22, 2021

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

hi hello, i work in early stage drug development and clinical trials.

anything that's going into clinic right now is a re-purposed molecule that they're throwing against the wall in an attempt to see if something sticks.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
around four days ago my boss (it's one of those situations where i can answer p much any question so i'm essentially his google as well as BizDev as well as IT; there are a lot of boundary issues is what i guess i'm saying) hits me up if i've ever used DuckDuckGo and i'm like, "nah. i'm not batshit crazy so the search results provided by Google are normally fine for me."

he didn't really get that but his next question was if i had ever heard of ivermectin. sure have. he wants to know if him and his buddy (they both own horses) have some of that like... how much would they need to take because obviously the bottle doesn't say how much to take and they can't ask the people at Rural King because there's a sign next to the horse paste saying "don't loving eat the horse paste."

'i mean, i... wouldn't?'

he says, "well yeah me neither it's just -- with (son's name) back in school and playing travel baseball and (daughter) back in school: we just don't want to catch this you know?" the whole office is unvaxed. 'just need some more data.' that type. anyhow, i just got a text from him asking if i'd go check on the horses since the whole family is over at the hospital since his chud friend apparently ate like a whole tube of horse paste and flopped into a coma / various degrees of Glasgow. i don't know if that was code for making sure there wasn't any ivermectin laying around but whatever: i said i'm really busy and hope his friend gets better.

so i assume he'll probably have it within the next five days since they don't really mask or anything.

maybe i'll just call in this week.

anyhow i'm not a doctor or anything and this is just anecdotal evidence but maybe eating horse paste you bought from Rural King is a subpar idea unless you're medically accredited to know how much horse paste that you bought at Rural King to eat. thanks for your attention to this matter.

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Kinda dumb they’re not gonna go for the brass ring and make it prep for covid.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
welp, 5 days after the funeral both kids spike a 100+ fever within an hour of each other. first antigen tests are negative. 3 days until school starts lmao

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

mastershakeman posted:

It's gonna be funny when new Zealand only takes tourists from china and southeast Asia and not Australia

Yeah except Sydney gave delta to them to so we're all hosed.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao at the idea of the chudcops enforcing that

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
Pfizer dose 3, 54~ hours post jab.

I had some wild loving dreams last night and today when I napped. Best one was where I was getting a PhD in jazz drumming and invented a way to play saxophone and piano at the same time. Then I woke up in the dream, still dreaming and tried to explain to my musician cousin how to do it only to find that the knowledge was lost.

Still feel like I'm half dreaming tbh. Aches and pains are mostly gone now though.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Shitpostradomus posted:

around four days ago my boss (it's one of those situations where i can answer p much any question so i'm essentially his google as well as BizDev as well as IT; there are a lot of boundary issues is what i guess i'm saying) hits me up if i've ever used DuckDuckGo and i'm like, "nah. i'm not batshit crazy so the search results provided by Google are normally fine for me."

he didn't really get that but his next question was if i had ever heard of ivermectin. sure have. he wants to know if him and his buddy (they both own horses) have some of that like... how much would they need to take because obviously the bottle doesn't say how much to take and they can't ask the people at Rural King because there's a sign next to the horse paste saying "don't loving eat the horse paste."

'i mean, i... wouldn't?'

he says, "well yeah me neither it's just -- with (son's name) back in school and playing travel baseball and (daughter) back in school: we just don't want to catch this you know?" the whole office is unvaxed. 'just need some more data.' that type. anyhow, i just got a text from him asking if i'd go check on the horses since the whole family is over at the hospital since his chud friend apparently ate like a whole tube of horse paste and flopped into a coma / various degrees of Glasgow. i don't know if that was code for making sure there wasn't any ivermectin laying around but whatever: i said i'm really busy and hope his friend gets better.

so i assume he'll probably have it within the next five days since they don't really mask or anything.

maybe i'll just call in this week.

anyhow i'm not a doctor or anything and this is just anecdotal evidence but maybe eating horse paste you bought from Rural King is a subpar idea unless you're medically accredited to know how much horse paste that you bought at Rural King to eat. thanks for your attention to this matter.

loving lol

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

External Organs posted:

getting a PhD in jazz drumming and invented a way to play saxophone and piano at the same time.

Every word of this sentence gets cooler.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think we should tell them to eat more farm animal medicine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

poisonpill posted:

just sent an email mychart to my kids cardiologist outlying why I think the benefits outweigh the risks for him and to go with the pfizer phase 3 trial dosage of 10ug for ages 5-11.

So I will report back on that, I reminded the cardiologist that the children’s hospital he works for has its ICU 90% full so lmao