Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Whew, ok Henri came up with 79 mph winds and brought down some trees and branches of all kinds but no damage to any of our stuff.

The storm promptly turned direction and is currently loving up poo poo west of here.

Status update
Wind: a little
Rain: nah
Sandwich: eaten
Wife: being nosey in neighborhood
Cat: taking up entire sofa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Hang in there hurrigoons

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Hurricane Henri
8/22/2021

Never Forget

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

ilovebeersooomuch posted:

Hurricane Henri
8/22/2021

Never Forget

Wind or tree damage? Also cover it up quick or the squirrels will move in.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Hurricane Henri
8/22/2021

Never Forget

F

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Zil posted:

Wind or tree damage? Also cover it up quick or the squirrels will move in.

Branch fell on it, but it is only a gutter, totally superficial. I'm being melodramatic because I am really relieved that the storm has passed and we lucked out.

I am going to drink a few pints of beer in solidarity.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
CT Update:

RI took the brunt (thanks ilovebeer) so Henri ended up being less intense than expected here. My town’s been lucky so far with minimal power outages.

Rain: pouring
Basement: not flooding
Wind: nothing
Dogs: being wrassled/snuggled

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Branch fell on it, but it is only a gutter, totally superficial. I'm being melodramatic because I am really relieved that the storm has passed and we lucked out.

I am going to drink a few pints of beer in solidarity.

Thats good. We had our satellite dish be ripped off by a storm a few years ago and within hours after the rain stopped, the squirrels were in the attic setting up shop.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

drat that was PROTECTIVE moss you had growing on your roof over your gutter, you can claim that

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Big Beef City posted:

drat that was PROTECTIVE moss you had growing on your roof over your gutter, you can claim that

Goddamn right, I WAS going to wash it off the roof, but not any more

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Zil posted:

Thats good. We had our satellite dish be ripped off by a storm a few years ago and within hours after the rain stopped, the squirrels were in the attic setting up shop.

Oh poo poo, did you get them out, or are you resigned to your fate and must live with a squirrel destiny?

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

CT Update:

RI took the brunt (thanks ilovebeer) so Henri ended up being less intense than expected here. My town’s been lucky so far with minimal power outages.

Rain: pouring
Basement: not flooding
Wind: nothing
Dogs: being wrassled/snuggled

Good news, my goon. FYI you're allowed to drink a bunch on Sunday, I'm pretty sure it's in the bible jesus said it

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Oh poo poo, did you get them out, or are you resigned to your fate and must live with a squirrel destiny?

They were strongly urged to relocate by a local green pest company, but I can't make any guarantees we got them all out before the roof was fully fixed and sealed back up.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Derpies posted:

drat i wanna see if its good b4 i watch it

ok I watched green knight last night and it was good

I was a little worried going in that it would be kinda dull and plodding but there's lots of cool fantastical things happening throughout and it fully kept my attention

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Tip posted:

ok I watched green knight last night and it was good

I was a little worried going in that it would be kinda dull and plodding but there's lots of cool fantastical things happening throughout and it fully kept my attention

It's going on the list

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Good news, my goon. FYI you're allowed to drink a bunch on Sunday, I'm pretty sure it's in the bible jesus said it

We’re well into a case of Sam Octoberfest :cheers:

Computer viking
May 30, 2011
Now with less breakage.

Vaccine dose 2 yesterday, and I've been sleeping and sweating all day - sporadically broken up by shivering. Slightly better now, but I have a feeling I won't be at work tomorrow.

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Computer viking posted:

Vaccine dose 2 yesterday, and I've been sleeping and sweating all day - sporadically broken up by shivering. Slightly better now, but I have a feeling I won't be at work tomorrow.

24 hours was it for me, was not 100% better, but definately not in pain at that point. You should def take tomorrow off.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
stayed up until like 3am last night watching mare of easttown and drinking after the edibles wore off

woke up at 11. ate a sandwich. decided to take a nap. woke up at 4pm :dogstare:

think im gonna use one of my overflowing PTO days tomorrow????????

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

I hate my state sometimes (well all the time)

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Aardvark! posted:

stayed up until like 3am last night watching mare of easttown and drinking after the edibles wore off

woke up at 11. ate a sandwich. decided to take a nap. woke up at 4pm :dogstare:

think im gonna use one of my overflowing PTO days tomorrow????????

You feeling alright or is just a super hangover?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I shopped at a Martin's grocery for the first time ever today and I ran into one of these:

It is very tall and I hear it can talk to people but it didn't talk to me, it was just scooting around near me. I think it was checking prices. Or maybe it thought I was shoplifting? (I wasn't) It's kind of weird to just run into robots in the grocery store. But it's worth it for quality Boar's Head Brand (tm) luncheon meats.

I've only run into one other robot before and it was at a hospital. That one was basically just a roving storage bin and I think it delivered supplies to different places in the hospital, but it apologized to me and excused itself because we both turned a corner at the same time and nearly ran into each other.

The future is now and it's a little hosed up. I won't be mean to these robots because A) that's mean and B) that's how Chopping Malls happen.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
i will piss on any robot i come across. down with robots

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Zil posted:

You feeling alright or is just a super hangover?

just a super hangover from going so late. i almost never do that anymore

one upside of the pandemic is i dont feel like i have to spend my friday/saturday nights getting in Every Second of Living. i can just gently caress off for most of a work day when i need to or w/e now. boss stopped giving a poo poo when i log on too so i sleep until like 9 if i feel like it. just lol if they think i'm ever going back in to an office again

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Aardvark! posted:

just lol if they think i'm ever going back in to an office again

ilovebeersooomuch
May 23, 2014

Zil posted:

I hate my state sometimes (well all the time)

This banner is a lot to unpack, it keeps on going.

Is that a dollar bill smeared in feces?

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Aardvark! posted:

Man thats a weird choice of show to watch with those edibles. Good show tho

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Supposedly it is from Sturgis, but I don't want to dig into it too much to find out the truth.

Also yes, that does look like crap.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

also that appears to be the insane clown posse's hatchet man that's loving that lady

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

The future is now and it's a little hosed up. I won't be mean to these robots because A) that's mean and B) that's how Chopping Malls happen.

around the time that people started riding "hoverboards" and smoking electronic cigarettes I realized that we've officially crossed over into the future and it's dumber than anyone could have imagined

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

I shopped at a Martin's grocery for the first time ever today and I ran into one of these:

It is very tall and I hear it can talk to people but it didn't talk to me, it was just scooting around near me. I think it was checking prices. Or maybe it thought I was shoplifting? (I wasn't) It's kind of weird to just run into robots in the grocery store. But it's worth it for quality Boar's Head Brand (tm) luncheon meats.

I've only run into one other robot before and it was at a hospital. That one was basically just a roving storage bin and I think it delivered supplies to different places in the hospital, but it apologized to me and excused itself because we both turned a corner at the same time and nearly ran into each other.

One of these cornered me in a Connecticut stop and shop this summer. Two old ladies watched me struggle to get by it and said “he really likes you eh?”. Wtf can’t believe I’m getting bullied by robots and the geriatric. Peak goon moment.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
why the hell is there a supermarket chain called "stop and shop" it sounds like a god damned convenience store

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Aardvark! posted:

why the hell is there a supermarket chain called "stop and shop" it sounds like a god damned convenience store

All over america. REAL america

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

I'm sorry you got menaced by Marty, Wendy. I will make sure to look down my nose at him the next time I see him.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

I'm sorry you got menaced by Marty, Wendy. I will make sure to look down my nose at him the next time I see him.

drat are you like nine feet tall? Why are you so tall and on first name terms with a robot…?

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Waterbed Wendy posted:

drat are you like nine feet tall? Why are you so tall and on first name terms with a robot…?

:getin:

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

Well done on not blowing away, goons.

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

she burgin'

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Brutal Garcon posted:

Well done on not blowing away, goons.

I see you are the inverse MPP, having the snake bits on top.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Zil posted:

I see you are the inverse MPP, having the snake bits on top.