Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
half price appies just means you can get two appies for the price of one appie. that's a good deal anway you slice it. some things are worth risiking it for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Lol wtf is a creviche? I am not that social class

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

skewetoo posted:

It's raw fish, diced and mixed with herbs/spices and then cooked by the acid of citrus fruits.

People literally eat it in poorer countries all over the world, from asia to europe to central and south america, because it's cheap and easy and healthy.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
seafood cured in citrus juice rather than cooked with heat, it's from south america. i'm pretty sure you can get some at the taqueria near dufferin and bloor

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Peruvian bougie lib dish

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
like most true red canadians i need to dine out because i pee myself when a recipe says "turn on the stove"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
also, frequently an appetizer at low effort chain restaurants, because it sounds exotic to the kind of people who make an event of going to boston pizza

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Peruvian bougie lib dish

:thanks:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

skewetoo posted:

Lol such a lib

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

CLAM DOWN posted:

Lol such a lib

How. Dare. You

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

I'd loving kill for some ahi ceviche right now. It's so good on a hot day.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
us in the middle class realize appies dont come easily. so when you get such an opportunity, you have to pounce on it. start climbing the appie ladder.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Another Bill posted:

I'd loving kill for some ahi ceviche right now. It's so good on a hot day.

I made some nice rockfish ceviche with a bunch of different kinds of peppers from the okanagan and as it turns out some of those peppers are extremely hot. Also I put cilantro in it.

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

in the middle class, first you get the jalapeno poppers, then you get the cheesy bread, then you get the heartburn

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

sure, but next thing you know you're spending $15 on a ramekin of hummus and a single toasted pita

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I made some nice rockfish ceviche with a bunch of different kinds of peppers from the okanagan and as it turns out some of those peppers are extremely hot. Also I put cilantro in it.

loving nice! my fam doesn't eat any seafood so I jump on it every chance I get

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

infernal machines posted:

seafood cured in citrus juice rather than cooked with heat, it's from south america. i'm pretty sure you can get some at the taqueria near dufferin and bloor

Hey easy. I am curious to try it I admit but not suicidal

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, i wouldn't say it's to die for

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
Imagine dying for original joes fish tacos and their lovely sides.

That'd be funny.

Oh you get 2 sides, would you like lovely fries and a lovely salad?

How about some poutine that looks like our chef hate hosed it?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

death penalty specifically reinstated for one person and their last meal of choice is sliders from earls

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
going out for sushi but just ordering the sushi appetizers from earls

Kafka Esq.
Jan 1, 2005

"If you ever even think about calling me anything but 'The Crab' I will go so fucking crab on your ass you won't even see what crab'd your crab" -The Crab(TM)
Ceviche is a healthy food that is good for the environment

But I bet none of you ACTUALLY know a south American in real life, so it's lib posturing

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
what's the sustainability of current ocean fishing

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

There's a global fire season now

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Another Bill posted:

then you get the heartburn

Finally, something in this thread I understand.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

Kafka Esq. posted:

Ceviche is a healthy food that is good for the environment

But I bet none of you ACTUALLY know a south American in real life, so it's lib posturing

actually according to family legend my great great grandmother was south american, checkmate tankie

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

Born on the bayou
died in a cave
bbq and posting
is all I crave

mediaphage posted:

what's the sustainability of current ocean fishing

not much what's the sustainability of current ocean fishing with you

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Virtual Russian posted:

Consumerism and individualism has rotted y'all minds. Especially those hurling "liberal" around while personally advocating that you can make health risk decisions as if you are an individual totally disconnected from others.

Cases are climbing daily, don't loving go out and exposure yourself to poor service workers with no choice in the matter. At no point have I said you need to become a total hermit, just that when you socialize please realize that service workers have no say in your risk calculation. Go visit vaccinated family or friends at your or their place. Talk to a nurse, ask what things are like for them, the nurse I'm friends with is pleading with people to stop going out, they are insanely overworked and the healthcare system is on the verge of collapse in places.

I get that you are tired of the pandemic, we all are, maybe consider yourself lucky if not getting to have a beer on a patio or something similar is the major way it is affecting your quality of life.

Lol the nurses I'm friends with go out constantly

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
devils advocate: like half of all nurses are antivaxxers

just to be fair

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

I'm grabbin drinks with a nurse friend later this week lol

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

death penalty specifically reinstated for one person and their last meal of choice is sliders from earls

I went to earls for the first time a couple of weeks ago and they charged me 11 bucks for a Stella. What the gently caress

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

I went to earls for the first time a couple of weeks ago and they charged me 11 bucks for a Stella. What the gently caress

lol jesus christ that's an atrocity especially if that was for a 330ml bottle

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

Kazinsal posted:

lol jesus christ that's an atrocity especially if that was for a 330ml bottle

Was a pint, but still. And I ordered before I could get my stupid phone to work and scan the qr menu and I saw the price. I'm sticking to roadhouses and sports bars forever after that

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Terror Sweat posted:

Was a pint, but still. And I ordered before I could get my stupid phone to work and scan the qr menu and I saw the price. I'm sticking to roadhouses and sports bars forever after that

qr code for menu is some dumb poo poo. write it on the wall or something

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Killin_Like_Bronson posted:

Treble Charger not invited

but i like treble charger :smith:

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!

Arivia posted:

but i like treble charger :smith:

Sorry but they have to stay home because a HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE SEE IT MY WAY

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

pokeyman posted:

qr code for menu is some dumb poo poo. write it on the wall or something

Every restaurant is doing it

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

got me wanting a crispy stella though drat

wonder if the beer store near me is still open

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

Terror Sweat posted:

Every restaurant is doing it

relic from the "disinfect everything" precautionary time I assume

just run the menus through the dishwasher. ez pz

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

pokeyman posted:

relic from the "disinfect everything" precautionary time I assume

just run the menus through the dishwasher. ez pz

i mean i haven't been in a sit down restaurant in a year and a half but i remember a lot of them having laminated menus that would be fine with disinfectant spray or the dishwasher, yes