Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The chili mac MRE was alright, gave me gas though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Suntan Boy posted:

I've been wondering what a country captain is for the better part of two decades. Still no closer to an answer.

Wikipedia has as good an answer as any

quote:

Country captain originated in India as a simple spatchcock poultry or game recipe involving onions and curry and possibly enjoyed by British officers.[4][5] One theory is that an early 19th-century British sea captain, possibly from the East India Company,[6] working in the spice trade introduced it to the American South via the port of Savannah. The dish remains popular amongst the communities in Mumbai, India.[4] The "country" part of the dish's name dates from when the term referred to things of Indian origin instead of British, and so the term "country captain" would have meant a captain of Indian origin, a trader along the coasts of India.[5] Others claim that the word "captain" in the title is simply a corruption of the word "capon".

hobbesmaster fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Aug 22, 2021

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
This reminded me that I really like country captain and need to make some soon.

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/lee-bros-country-captain-recipe-1949068

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Country captain is a southern thing. There are lots of recipes for it.

https://www.southernliving.com/recipes/country-captain-chicken-recipe

I tend to think of it like chicken parm without the pasta.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Country Captain was one of the worst ones of it's generation. The texture alone was horrendous.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
The Proud Boys have been hyping up a big rally today in Portland and uh
https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1429569175438209024?s=19

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1429579205445042187?s=19

https://twitter.com/manicExpressive/status/1429490042112643079?s=19

#Portland basically

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

https://twitter.com/RobertTGarrett/status/1429503313746305029?s=19

All right wingers support the police or troops or whatever until it inconveniences them and they jettison them quicker than a human crewmember in FTL. Also still laugh that actual, factual war criminal Allen West was TX GOP chair

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch
My wife is a PA, and got this message from a patient earlier in the week. She said if she didn't care about her career she would've replied. She just deleted it and moved on with her day.

She's normally a very caring and sympathetic person, but she's gotten to the point where she just doesn't give a poo poo about people who have refused the vaccine getting sick and dying.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pkells posted:

My wife is a PA, and got this message from a patient earlier in the week. She said if she didn't care about her career she would've replied. She just deleted it and moved on with her day.

She's normally a very caring and sympathetic person, but she's gotten to the point where she just doesn't give a poo poo about people who have refused the vaccine getting sick and dying.

She should have replied and said horse splooge.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
I still kinda love the chocolate dairy shake but I heard it was discontinued for uh, "salmon ella reasons"

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

pkells posted:

I went to that website at the bottom there and boy howdy, I can't possibly imagine showing that to any kind of professional in any field to prove how smert I be

Also apparently 2 of the people that started that scam were arrested in regards to Jan 6, so...

Bored As Fuck
Jan 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Nick Soapdish posted:

https://twitter.com/RobertTGarrett/status/1429503313746305029?s=19

All right wingers support the police or troops or whatever until it inconveniences them and they jettison them quicker than a human crewmember in FTL. Also still laugh that actual, factual war criminal Allen West was TX GOP chair

gently caress DWI and DUI and OWI or whatever they call it in your state.

gently caress em. You DWI, yu deserve everything that comes with it. Most 1st time offenders barely get a slap on the wrist, unless they were driving with a minor in the vehicle. Which she did.

gently caress that war criminal, and gently caress his dumb wife. Risked a kid's life.

rear end in a top hat is complaining that they left the kid with the cops. Of course the grandson was left with cops until family could pick him up. The gently caress else they gonna do. She's going to jail. She loses custody of him until someone responsible and sober can pick him up.

Bored As Fuck fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 23, 2021

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
https://twitter.com/dril/status/464802196060917762
Always a dril tweet for every situation

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

facialimpediment posted:

#Portland basically

So as it turns out, when the police decide to not keep overwatch on Proud Boys, they decided to destroy random poo poo and the city is lucky this idiot couldn't aim:

https://twitter.com/ryanjhaas/status/1429610658484551687

https://twitter.com/ACatWithNews/status/1429611599610859521

facialimpediment fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Aug 23, 2021

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Speaking of the fellow in Black Bloc gear in the image on the right...

https://twitter.com/deviantollam/status/1429617430255476740?s=20

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Bored As gently caress posted:

gently caress DWI and DUI and OWI or whatever they call it in your state.

gently caress em. You DWI, yu deserve everything that comes with it. Most 1st time offenders barely get a slap on the wrist, unless they were driving with a minor in the vehicle. Which she did.

gently caress that war criminal, and gently caress his dumb wife. Risked a kid's life.

rear end in a top hat is complaining that they left the kid with the cops. Of course the grandson was left with cops until family could pick him up. The gently caress else they gonna do. She's going to jail. She loses custody of him until someone responsible and sober can pick him up.

Some of the hardest cases to win in court are DUIs because people generally feel this way.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

pkells posted:

i like how the first thing he lists is god damned horse dewormer.

how the gently caress did that become a thing

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

ded posted:

i like how the first thing he lists is god damned horse dewormer.

how the gently caress did that become a thing

Covered it earlier, but:

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1429614355100880900?s=19

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

This is a pretty good example of why humanity has usually had to have large families

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Meanwhile Florida released that their massaged one week total covid deaths was just under 1500 people.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

gently caress it. Just gently caress it. They kill themselves, they wipe out their families, whatever. We're throwing effective shots off the vaccine weinermobile and they'd rather do this.

Attn Putin and Jinping: press your buttons and deliver us from this.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Hail SS-18 Satan, may his passing cleanse the earth.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/hangryvirgo/status/1429474926247890947

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

This is a pretty good example of why humanity has usually had to have large families

I can't help but be reminded of that part in A Million Ways to Die in the West where the medicine salesman lists off all the ingredients in his "tonic."

And one ingredient was *flannel*. I can't help but think the main reason these imbeciles are doing this is "if it wasn't safe I wouldn't be able to buy it."

The same logic that leads to people killing themselves with poo poo from GNC every year.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Midjack posted:

gently caress it. Just gently caress it. They kill themselves, they wipe out their families, whatever. We're throwing effective shots off the vaccine weinermobile and they'd rather do this.

Good to see people catching up to me weeks later.

I love that the "nyc homecoming" poo poo cnn hasn't shut up about in a month coincided with an incoming tropical storm and yet another rolling spike in active covid cases. It's like nature is just telling us no, you cannot have a good time.

I do want to see good things happen, I really do. I'd like to go see a concert a Red Rocks someday, hopefully Gregory Alan Isakov hits it up again. Doom is just so much more entertaining when you pepper in people taking veterinary meds that aren't ketamine.

E: I want Cole to realize fulfillment of Celine Dion tickets. Antivaxxers are likely to prevent this.

CRUSTY MINGE fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Aug 23, 2021

bengy81
May 8, 2010

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Good to see people catching up to me weeks later.

I love that the "nyc homecoming" poo poo cnn hasn't shut up about in a month coincided with an incoming tropical storm and yet another rolling spike in active covid cases. It's like nature is just telling us no, you cannot have a good time.

I do want to see good things happen, I really do. I'd like to go see a concert a Red Rocks someday, hopefully Gregory Alan Isakov hits it up again. Doom is just so much more entertaining when you pepper in people taking veterinary meds that aren't ketamine.

E: I want Cole to realize fulfillment of Celine Dion tickets. Antivaxxers are likely to prevent this.

I had tix to a few shows this fall, but I ended up selling all of them, I have a feeling most of them will be cancelled or delayed indefinitely. My wife has been waiting 18 months for Backstreet boys to reschedule a show, and she can't get her money back until is permanently cancelled.

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Midjack posted:

Putin in Bane voice:" Your punishment must be more severe."

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I can't help but be reminded of that part in A Million Ways to Die in the West where the medicine salesman lists off all the ingredients in his "tonic."

And one ingredient was *flannel*. I can't help but think the main reason these imbeciles are doing this is "if it wasn't safe I wouldn't be able to buy it."

The same logic that leads to people killing themselves with poo poo from GNC every year.

Why the gently caress would you watch that movie?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Why the gently caress would you watch that movie?

Got to see it for free. :shrug:

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Got to see it for free. :shrug:

Demand a refund

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Million Ways to Die has it's charms. Sorry you hate fun.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Still better than Wild Wild West.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Still better than Wild Wild West.

If you watch that Kevin Smith special where the whole story was about consulting on that movie the movie takes on a wild whole new dimension.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

bulletsponge13 posted:

Million Ways to Die has it's charms. Sorry you hate fun.

I don't hate fun, I hate Seth MacFarlane. It's a shame he missed his flight

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I think I saw that and the emphasis was largely on the director being a literal, stereotypical, jewish cowboy.

But I also listened to Kevin Smith talk about ropey shits, so who knows.

/\ American Dad just keeps getting better.

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hard disagree.

But we’re all entitled to our opinions.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

lol why do you wish death on him? Told the wrong jokes?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
I just wish he didn't have to be the lead actor in everything he does.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

LtCol J. Krusinski posted:

If you watch that Kevin Smith special where the whole story was about consulting on that movie the movie takes on a wild whole new dimension.

Someone linked me to a Jay and Silent Bob podcast where he was talking about this and it was a mind boggling story. It was quite a few years ago now though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

not caring here posted:

Someone linked me to a Jay and Silent Bob podcast where he was talking about this and it was a mind boggling story. It was quite a few years ago now though.

Yeah it’s old as poo poo, I had a friend show it to me in like 06 or 08.