Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the bts studio is just a house in california. they started before esports was big enough to rent soundstages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tom Clancy is Dead
Jul 13, 2011

I really thought T1 had that game won once Slark and DP were ahead and Ogre had caught up.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Pamela Springstein posted:

the bts studio is just a house in california. they started before esports was big enough to rent soundstages.

But also compare sponsors
ESL: major tech companies, major country brands
BTS: sketchy energy drinks, gambling websites

E: this would be much less of a problem if valve didn't come out and say "were not paying anyone either work with BTS or don't cast"

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Zurreco posted:

Pos4 Huskar is super fuckin fun because you never need to go back to base and you do enough dot that you rack up kills and assists doing basic harass. People who complain about off meta pos4 picks are lame.

That being said, a pos5 that cant heal or save your carry is a gently caress.

pos 4s are just people too weak and cowardly to play pos 5.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Not sure why they basically copy-pasted Kunkka's shard and gave it to WR. WR's pushes a little farther but doesn't disarm or do damage.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

TOOT BOOT posted:

Not sure why they basically copy-pasted Kunkka's shard and gave it to WR. WR's pushes a little farther but doesn't disarm or do damage.

WR's is global isn't it?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

do you think blizzard gets mad that literally no one calls her windranger and they still just call her windrunner

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Grapplejack posted:

do you think blizzard gets mad that literally no one calls her windranger and they still just call her windrunner

Theyre too busy trying invent new methods of workplace harassment they probably don't pay much attention to dota

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
BTS Pro Series: Americas is a regional tournament with a $50K prize pool. I think we can forgive BTS for casting it out of their living room.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

I honestly thought their wallpaper said sloot bet and I was real weirded out

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It's been said before but man the way valve handles tournaments is a downright disgrace. It's like they WANT to kill the possibility of a tier 2/3 dota scene.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

After they just cancelled the 2020 DPC instead of even attempting to do some sort of online official tournaments just to get some cash flowing into the system, I think it's pretty clear that Dota is being run by a skeleton crew and anything that can't be handled by like two people in an afternoon is just not gonna happen

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

After they just cancelled the 2020 DPC instead of even attempting to do some sort of online official tournaments just to get some cash flowing into the system, I think it's pretty clear that Dota is being run by a skeleton crew and anything that can't be handled by like two people in an afternoon is just not gonna happen

Don't be ridiculous, it's not like they'd just abandon a game making them hundred of millions of dollars a year!

:sigh:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Man remember artifact

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Man remember artifact

The hilarious reveal of artifact was the high point of artifact.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Grapplejack posted:

They only changed the names to avoid using Blizzard IP so I don't think they care. I guarantee you internally everything is still Windrunner/Wisp/Skeleton King/etc.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Man remember artifact

I said make not lose

SpiritOfLenin
Apr 29, 2013

be happy :3

beastcoast wins game one vs lgd? huh

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

SpiritOfLenin posted:

beastcoast wins game one vs lgd? huh

viva peru :toot:

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
This psg.lgd vs BC game is really goddamn good

https://clips.twitch.tv/ApatheticCuriousRadishDoggo-KYHlKrY-ISdgfYff

EorayMel fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Aug 22, 2021

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
SA wins

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

excellent timing on that camera bug

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

EorayMel posted:

This psg.lgd vs BC game is really goddamn good

I will never understand the Pro strategy of 40 minutes in, you are mega creeped, but you just won a fight 4-1, time to farm the enemy jungle.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Mid kotl picked by T1 on stream 2

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
4Z picked 4 melee heroes into a Tide Mars Viper draft.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Trying to figure out what the gently caress is up with MateMate, if you look it up there's Mate-Mate.com which is a German-brand drink that is only sold in bottles, but then there's MateMate.com which is a company founded in 2020 and seems to be the exact same brand/logo/everything except they sell the cans and are based out of Singapore and they're the ones who are doing everything with BTS and Dota and all that stuff. But, the two don't seem to mention each other at all and don't share social media and seem to make no indication they're the same company save for the logo. Is there some illegal amount of caffeine in one of those versions that make it so you can't sell them internationally and you have to pretend these are two different companies or what

or wondering if this is an elaborate money-laundering front because who the hell founds an international tea company in 2020

RazzleDazzleHour fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Aug 23, 2021

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
It's probably a distribution subsidiary. The sponsor one is their global brand, but all they do is probably lease the logo and IP from the German company. The bottles are only sold on site in Berlin, while the cans can be ordered/shipped.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Loot Bet Americas Grand Finals on BTS, Undying v. NoPing. bryle playing the mid kotl in game 1.

https://www.twitch.tv/beyondthesummit

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Everyone is like "lmao SA" but noping just took a game off undying (granted they were playing a meme build but w/e) and BC beat psg.lgd's rear end

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Lol, one of the BTS casters won the Mate Mate giveaway

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Martman posted:

Lol, one of the BTS casters won the Mate Mate giveaway

BTS won't even give their own casters free energy drinks....

e: LICH!?

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Aug 23, 2021

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

tuned in and noping is whupping undying's rear end lmao

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

did moonmeander loving ragequit holy poo poo :eyepop:

Lich is now undefeated in professional dota this patch

Anno
May 10, 2017

I'm going to drown! For no reason at all!

NoPing is playing some fun and good Dota today. Also this casting duo has really grown on me over the last six months or so. I hope they get some bigger gigs.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Ember has been really bad this game

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

it's more that kotl is just completely oppressive

e: also viper is a dogshit support, stop picking him as a support

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I would like to not see MM play potm as often

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I probably shouldn't stay up to watch this but it's a game 5 and I'm WFH tomorrow so let's go

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

how does slark only have 4 permanent agility at 41 minutes

I think noping missed their window to win this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

oof brutal death by TA, I think that's gonna be game