Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I always get the Silent Hill Circumcision guy confused with the lunatic who was convinced that everyone who liked Cassandra in Dragon Age Inquisition was a homosexual pedophile. Similar strain of crazy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Bug Squash posted:

Yeah, in this case I think the problem is YouTube as a platform turning any interaction into an endless stream of abuse.

Not that him dismissing valid criticism is a good look.

Well he is 19 years old so not someone you'd expect to be all knowing to things.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Arc Hammer posted:

I always get the Silent Hill Circumcision guy confused with the lunatic who was convinced that everyone who liked Cassandra in Dragon Age Inquisition was a homosexual pedophile. Similar strain of crazy.

was that the guy on reddit who was deeply mentally occupied by women's hair length

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Bug Squash posted:

Yeah, in this case I think the problem is YouTube as a platform turning any interaction into an endless stream of abuse.

Not that him dismissing valid criticism is a good look.

Going "You have a following so can't REALLY be harassed" and/or "What about me?" isn't a good look.

Like I'm a cynic when it comes to these sort of things but that doesn't mean two wrongs make a right or that any criticism involving gender means one is saying they're an hateful bigot.

Though now that i brought up my criticism can i bring the fact that saying "Don't attack x" is highly ineffective and everyone with an platform/following should accept while absolutely not approving of it.

Rockit fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 22, 2021

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Alaois posted:

was that the guy on reddit who was deeply mentally occupied by women's hair length

Yeah Cassandra was actually a man because of the haircut according to that nut.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Pants Donkey posted:

Another mostly animated media-focused channel. I only remember him because I saw a video of his from like two years ago saying that the Game Grumps would hemorrhage subscriptions from 2019-2020, a prediction so wrong he took quietly took the video down.

Man… this might just be confirmation bias but it seems like 90% of the youtube animator community are raging assholes

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
karmic punishment for interacting with a 19 year old and attempting conversation

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

thetoughestbean posted:

Man… this might just be confirmation bias but it seems like 90% of the youtube animator community are raging assholes
bear in mind there's 'animator' and then there's just a person who likes animation and maybe drew themselves an avatar

anyone who's been through the wringer of the industry knows not to be an rear end in a top hat because you never know when the person you cross might be in a higher position than you at a network/studio at some point. which of course doesn't mean you can't offer critique online but you can't be a snarky bitter gently caress about it

whenever I see people shittalking cartoons and specific popular creators (like rebecca sugar, etc) on twitter, it's almost always teens and forever-teens, maybe some people still in their early 20s with aspiring animator in their profile and it's like... not with that attitude!!

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Aug 23, 2021

Dovi
Feb 21, 2013

Alisons criticism wasn't valid, it was a total snipe out of nowhere and I like Alison but its so weird hearing people call mark an rear end in a top hat when he's completely in the right. She literally said the video acts like female critics don't exist like wtf

Dovi fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Aug 23, 2021

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Insurrectionist posted:

I like his stuff but I'm really starting to wish he branched out to some more different games instead of doing the same series over and over again. Of course it might be that he just doesn't have much interest in covering other stuff and it would just lead to worse videos and burnout but still. Give me some Super Monkey Ball, Resident Evil, Dark Souls, etc speedrun histories!

E: Just looked at his videos from the past years and there's a bit more stuff than I thought (only remembered Nintendo games) but on the other hand I'm pretty sure more than half of his videos are Mario or Mario Kart

He actually said in some video I think last year that he thinks a few of his videos aren't very good, and those were when he tried to branch out to stuff he wasn't familiar with or super interested in.

I forget which games exactly he meant, tho.

That said the Wii Resort Golf video owned cuz I'd never even considered a game like that even had a scene. I'd rather get more obscure poo poo like that than really popular speedrun games like mario, dark souls, metroid, etc...

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dovi posted:

He also isn't harassing Alison in any way and told his fans to leave her alone
him being so dismissive of it basically told his fans that it didnt matter tho

he really should have just pm'd her privately tho but of course a 19 year old isnt going to understand that their beloved fanbase is filled with psychos

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

fun hater posted:

karmic punishment for interacting with a 19 year old and attempting conversation

Allison didn't know he was only 19 until afterwards

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Like the most important part of being a youtuber is knowing how to corral your fanbase so they dont engage in warcrimes but not only do people barely learn how to do this they act like its out of their hands even when their actions obviously encouraged it

fun hater
May 24, 2009

additional punishment from god for watching a youtube video with a thumbnail of the creator drawn like a cartoon

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i sentence to psychic torture 10000 years

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

RareAcumen posted:

"Your stomach is a graveyard"

The PETA guy getting mad at someone cooking chicken nuggets and getting a response of 'Okay I see your point but like...they're already chicken nuggets. Even if I overcook them we can't turn them back into a chicken now.

Plus, as someone with a terminal case of general apathy, I was in love with the Animaniacs-esq non sequiturs most posts would take.

oldie but a goodie

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best tumblr post/'drama' was when the site completely broke down and allowed users to execute raw text/visual html to the site tiself in a way that completely broke your dashboard, and would pile on top of each other, leading to

WELCOEM TO MY FUCKHOUSE

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Endorph posted:

the best tumblr post/'drama' was when the site completely broke down and allowed users to execute raw text/visual html to the site tiself in a way that completely broke your dashboard, and would pile on top of each other, leading to

WELCOEM TO MY FUCKHOUSE
the best part about this is that fuckups like this happened more than once

just scrolling down your dash and you are immediately visually assaulted by tall heihachi and wide kazuya

Violen
Jul 25, 2009

ohoho~
hypnospace 2 lookin great

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Dog's Must Die has finally reached imo the low point of the series or the one where you never want someone to walk in your room while watching it episodes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nu5RSFcTUQ

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8L1n3P8dUQ

in which a trainwreck is deconstructed (spoilers for the game's entire story/ending)

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Dog's Must Die has finally reached imo the low point of the series or the one where you never want someone to walk in your room while watching it episodes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nu5RSFcTUQ

They're at the end of part 5 already?

fun hater
May 24, 2009

IronicDongz posted:

the best part about this is that fuckups like this happened more than once

just scrolling down your dash and you are immediately visually assaulted by tall heihachi and wide kazuya

there was a post with no text on my dash yesterday

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
pretty sure 'no notes ghoast' is still going around, and still permanently has no notes

e: yes

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

The Alessi fight is such a perfect way to bring back Young Joseph for a bit too, and it’ll always be disappointing they didn’t take that route

fun hater
May 24, 2009

there's also this vid of laurel and hardy that implodes when the garage collapses

https://cringeomancer.tumblr.com/post/615576796731211776/caprisunsport-ambergrief-stan-laurel-finally

i hope they never fix these, they're so loving funny

FreezingInferno
Jul 15, 2010

THERE.
WILL.
BE.
NO.
BATTLE.
HERE!

bobjr posted:

The Alessi fight is such a perfect way to bring back Young Joseph for a bit too, and it’ll always be disappointing they didn’t take that route

In the Jojo fighting game Capcom put out around 20 years ago, both Alessi and Joseph are playable and you can use Set on the latter to turn him into young Joseph for a bit, so someone clearly thought the same.

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

What did the weirdo shipping community make of Loki, where the one true pairing is a selfcest gender-swap time-clone mass murderer Owen Wilson ?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Whoops.

Grondoth fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Aug 23, 2021

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Dovi posted:

Alisons criticism wasn't valid, it was a total snipe out of nowhere and I like Alison but its so weird hearing people call mark an rear end in a top hat when he's completely in the right. She literally said the video acts like female critics don't exist like wtf
Oh wow that's awful. I hope he doesn't die from it.

Matt Baume video on the gay soldier episode of M.A.S.H
"M*A*S*H’s Revolutionary Gay Episode"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ugsupVQXHE&t=309s
Bandsplaining made a cool video on a musical festival in Mali and why it has been postponed indefinitely.
"The Awe-Inspiring But Tragic Story of Africa's Festival In The Desert"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvPOjV_HTss

Sarcopenia fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Aug 23, 2021

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I wish Bobvids would come home more often.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

I believe he's working on (and is close to finishing?) a vid on The Medium but he probably has way more to say about that so.

Dovi
Feb 21, 2013

Sarcopenia posted:

Oh wow that's awful. I hope he doesn't die from it.
Hope Alison doesn't die from the raised eyebrow emoji that you morons are calling harassment

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

lmbo good work people you're literally twitter now.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
I'm so behind has anyone actually watched the 19 year old simpsons youtuber's video to tell us if The crit was legit or not? I feel like pointing at one picture of a cartoon woman is kinda telling that theres not a whole lot of women creators represented but at the same time I don't care enough to even learn what the video was even about because I watched this guys 700 episode Simpsons review video and while it was interesting to plot the decline and learn about the exciting new filler episode formats they've come up with in the last 30 years or that theres a running joke about sideshow bob having peeled his face of like the joker did that one time now he kept recomending absolute dogshit episodes like that one with tony blair so I just kinda glossed over a lot of the actual review portion.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

This is a pretty interesting video about the retro game market prices being artificially inflated https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvLFEh7V18A

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

fyi liam robertson (one of the did you know gaming guys) posted some giant callout post for some rando twitter person who stiffed some artists on a few commissions, and then decided to... start posting about her dox and misgendering her?

'they'
'lulu is the creation of a very manipulative and disturbed person'

and also his callout thread went on and on for like 50 tweets and he started comparing her to sex offenders lol. like chill dude she stiffed someone eighty bucks on a drawing of goku she didnt kill anyone

anyway thats why his twitter is privated. genuinely the most bizarre drama ive seen in a while

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Dovi posted:

Hope Alison doesn't die from the raised eyebrow emoji that you morons are calling harassment
Good thing I never said that then. I would hate to commit a murder.

The Cinema Cartography-"Aesthetic of Evil"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4JPZonR9po

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

This is a pretty interesting video about the retro game market prices being artificially inflated https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvLFEh7V18A

Obligatory reminder that Karl Jobst is whitepower fashscum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

from what little i saw the thread was mostly him quote tweeting other people's threads talking about their personal experiences with this person, which is why it was so long, because that many people had had strong enough negative experiences with her (not just in art, in terms of her being really clout-farming and attempting to form parasocial relationships with them) that they had their own stories (including several people who said they felt like she was targeting them specifically because they were trans (like in a chaser way))

that's still remotely not any reason to misgender or dehumanize her though :wtc: