Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LloydDobler
Oct 15, 2005

You shared it with a dick.

Agreed, I never used to want outrageous colors on my cars but in the last 10 years I've started really lusting after a red leather interior. I'm jealous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Ahem

A further ahem

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Loud interiors AND loud bikes?? This man is out of control.

Lord Ludikrous
Jun 7, 2008

Enjoy your tea...

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Ahem

A further ahem

I’d also like to add an ahem.

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003
Need a red interior crew gang tag

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Things we love to see ITT: interiors with colour

Nice work. We appreciate more colour than just the seats too, interior design people. Thank you.

*edit: my shitbox Lupo is yellow and because it was a cheap car it has exposed frame inside. That little pop of colour along with the yellow centre sections on the seats really brightens up the otherwise dull black/grey plastic interior. I deliberately bought a yellow car to try and lift my mood whilst driving through an inevitably lovely winter and it really helped. :v:

More colour would definitely be better though.

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Aug 23, 2021

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

Literally Lewis Hamilton posted:

Loud interiors AND loud bikes?? This man is out of control.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HuLHVIn-xI&t=177s

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I love red interiors so much. Closest I can probably get are the orange seats in the FiST.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I got a blue interior in my caddy can I join the cool kids club?

Finding a junked one with the red interior and swapping it all out would be a baller move but that's probably never going to happen.

Enos Cabell
Nov 3, 2004

Not my pic, but this was the interior on the 78 Monte Carlo I taught myself to drive in at 13 whenever my parents took the nice car out of town. Not pictured is the red roof liner drooping down over your head.

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007
Not to totally de-rail this thread with more red interiors, but here is a shot of the interior of my 1965 Mustang..

Only registered members can see post attachments!

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
I'm told my aunt always bought black cars with red interiors. Of course the last car she bought, that I eventually inherited didn't have the red interior. Womp womp

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Hey I can join this party!

I've been waiting for an actual nice day when i have some time to get a few more pics though so I still only really have the one I posted the other day -

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Ahem.

1990 RX-7, including a rare-for-the-US rear seat.
(the dash is black because someone broke the crap out of the radio surround portion, and finding a red dash was annoyingly difficult.)

I don't own the car any more.

Also: Blue

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

The 80s can keep their red interiors. :colbert:

Some Guy From NY
Dec 11, 2007

Suburban Dad posted:

I have to ask, how does it feel to be so wrong?

Just-In-Timeberlake
Aug 18, 2003

so, like, there's no way you're getting out of those seats without someone pulling you out right?

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Some Guy From NY posted:

I have to ask, how does it feel to be so wrong?

Heh. I had the red plaid in my GTI but can't do the full red explosion. Exterior colors being crazy I'm fine with but don't like anything but grey and black inside generally. I'm boring.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Suburban Dad posted:

Mine was from the '90s, technically - 1990 RX-7. Only interior color you could get with the "Winning Silver Metallic" exterior.

Just-In-Timeberlake posted:

so, like, there's no way you're getting out of those seats without someone pulling you out right?

I didn't have too much trouble getting in or out, really. I mean, they're deep buckets, so a little bit of falling in and hauling yourself out, yeah. The reall issue was sitting in them with anyone taller than about 4' in the front seats, if you had, say, legs.

I'd say they were small and pointless even by Japanese standards. Or by Porsche 911 standards, even.

Suburban Dad posted:

Heh. I had the red plaid in my GTI but can't do the full red explosion. Exterior colors being crazy I'm fine with but don't like anything but grey and black inside generally. I'm boring.

If you're that boring, I'd expect "tan" to be in that list. In your beige Camry.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

The new Grand Tour special has a good bit about May’s car and it’s burgundy interior.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
You all are making me miss my c5 Corvette with firethorn red interior. I don't care how bad the panel gaps inside were.
Edit: found it

davebo fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Aug 24, 2021

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Darchangel posted:

If you're that boring, I'd expect "tan" to be in that list. In your beige Camry.

I legitimately like the beige fabric interior in my old Leaf - makes the car fell much airier than your typical dark colours. It does get grubby quickly though, especially the soft parts of the door panels.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Thumposaurus posted:

I got a blue interior in my caddy can I join the cool kids club?

Finding a junked one with the red interior and swapping it all out would be a baller move but that's probably never going to happen.

Excuse me, you have one post in this thread and it's clearly of a hearse? You need to post the golden hour shot of your rig at a graveyard that I'm certain you have.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

I made a thread when I got it last year
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3927262&pagenumber=2&perpage=40

No grave yard pics but we made a pilgrimage to one of trumps golf courses after the election last year.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

StormDrain posted:

Excuse me, you have one post in this thread and it's clearly of a hearse? You need to post the golden hour shot of your rig at a graveyard that I'm certain you have.

Limo or hearse? Limo or hearse? The eternal question.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Thumposaurus posted:

I made a thread when I got it last year
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3927262&pagenumber=2&perpage=40

No grave yard pics but we made a pilgrimage to one of trumps golf courses after the election last year.

And I had been reading it but I forgot! Any news?

Edit : does anyone remember the goon who bought a white limo like 12-15 years ago? The description of that had me crying laughing. It was full of leaves and poo poo.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Be the change you want to see in the world.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194297353268?hash=item2d3d065434:g:z~MAAOSwl~thAaG6

Once I got it tuned up it's been running/driving great.
I put a flowmaster on it to replace the rotting off muffler.

We used it all last summer and this summer as a protest support vehicle and general hauling duties.

Scruffy the janitor
Dec 31, 2007

A greater tragedy my eyes have never beheld
I hear we we're posting our red interiors. That is definitely not a straw wrapper on the floor. Nope.

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
I had a 09 Chevy Malibu with the brick and black interior. This got a surprising amount of compliments.

It has been replaced with a 17 Buick Regal Turbo. It's much more fun to drive but the interior is boring.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Thumposaurus posted:

Be the change you want to see in the world.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/194297353268?hash=item2d3d065434:g:z~MAAOSwl~thAaG6

Once I got it tuned up it's been running/driving great.
I put a flowmaster on it to replace the rotting off muffler.

We used it all last summer and this summer as a protest support vehicle and general hauling duties.

Driving around like Max Bloom in my Fleetwood Brougham.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

wallaka posted:

Limo or hearse? Limo or hearse? The eternal question.

I feel like a hearse probably had less gross stuff in it than an 80-90's era limo had go down in the back.

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

Thumposaurus posted:

I feel like a hearse probably had less gross stuff in it than an 80-90's era limo had go down in the back.

Yea, the parties in a hearse are a bit less lively.

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib

StormDrain posted:

And I had been reading it but I forgot! Any news?

Edit : does anyone remember the goon who bought a white limo like 12-15 years ago? The description of that had me crying laughing. It was full of leaves and poo poo.

Oh poo poo the Trash Limo! That thread was loving great.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

chrisgt posted:

Yea, the parties in a hearse are a bit less lively.

:golfclap:

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Just an abandoned car wash photo shoot, nbd.

This fuckin’ car is no less hi-larious to drive than the first time. I hit the sport button and giggle every time the skinny pedal goes down.

Imperador do Brasil fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Aug 30, 2021

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

File this under I definitely did something stupid. Sold my big modded out Jeep Wrangler for a ridiculous amount and picked up this Tesla Model Y Performance this past weekend. Just had a full detail and ceramic coating done today.

https://imgur.com/gallery/5t2zUV6

Everyone who I take for a ride in it just laughs at the acceleration, it's just ridiculous.

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Changed the oil and rotated the tires on the GTI today then noticed the mileage while I was resetting the service reminder.

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

Thumposaurus posted:

Changed the oil and rotated the tires on the GTI today then noticed the mileage while I was resetting the service reminder.

nice

nice

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug
I did a thing where I bought an ugly car. With an equally ugly interior.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Congrats! I honestly think it looks cool in person. As long as you don't stick a front plate on there.