Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

Fluffy Bunnies posted:

I agree generally speaking but this also is saying that religious discrimination doesn't exist, because you can change your religion. and I can't back that.

it's not exactly trivial to change religion when it's been hammered into your brain since childhood that if you stray from the path you burn in the lake of fire for all eternity

also there's a good chance that all your friends and family will ditch your apostate rear end if you even jokingly consider leaving

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/bluestein/status/1429798921350619144?s=20

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fosborb posted:

live with Kelly and Ryan?

that's some real ship of Theseus poo poo

Ryan Seacrest is fairly palatable in the co-pilot seat, I don't mind him that much

A Gin Palace
Feb 12, 2013
First day of the new college semester!!!!!! woooooo superspreader event let's goooooo

i give it 3 weeks max before my university shuts down and goes online again. our uni subreddit (i know, i know) is saying the uni is probably waiting until tuition and housing cost is locked in so people have to give them money to cancel in person classes, because university administrators care more about money than anything else

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

Biowarfare posted:

what i dont understand is why people are so desperate to jam their children in viral incubators ??? is there something im missing? just some desperate need to pretend that it's all over? like even well educated people are acting like this and it's weird

gently caress them kids doggie

fat bossy gerbil
Jul 1, 2007

I’ve been trying to figure out the exact moment when Republicans went from just being FYGM assholes to fill blown death cultists and I can’t quite pin it down. Any ideas?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/tylerpager/status/1429798555280199688

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
Good, start mandating this poo poo via gunpoint

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Floor is lava posted:

https://twitter.com/gun_toucher/status/1429783048971853829

going to uranium mines to get blasted with radiation thinking it'll help with covid

step it up horse drug users

this is how you get aupervariants

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lmao delta is more transmissible, has worse symptoms, and the healthcare industry is running on fumes from the last surge.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Good. Hopefully this emboldens more places to require it.

Deep Dish Fuckfest
Sep 6, 2006

Advanced
Computer Touching

Toilet Rascal

Floor is lava posted:

https://twitter.com/gun_toucher/status/1429783048971853829

going to uranium mines to get blasted with radiation thinking it'll help with covid

step it up horse drug users

radium water is back, baby!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Pead posted:

lmao, the fall semester started today and we already had 2 employees call out with positive covid tests in my department. Both were vaxxed. This is going to be a disaster

who could have predicted this

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
No cases reported in China today.

Poor country deciding to use its citizen's data for the public good instead of using it to sell 20 different kinds of the same phone app.

They don't know true freedom, bless them.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/KPIXtv/status/1429801902276026369?s=20

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Fix posted:

"happy hypoxia"

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

fat bossy gerbil posted:

I’ve been trying to figure out the exact moment when Republicans went from just being FYGM assholes to fill blown death cultists and I can’t quite pin it down. Any ideas?

A response to late stage capitalism?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

whoo! The whole 5 people who really meant it when they said they were waiting for FDA approval will get the vaxx.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Died WITH covid

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Lol the “died from a bullet discharged from a gun held by an officer” of Covid deaths

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Dragoncon is about a week away, and just looking into their policies for this year they're expecting about 40,000 attendees, they have a loose mask mandate, and you need either proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID test to get your badge at check-in. Surprised they haven't canceled or at least given people the option to roll their passes over to 2022. Sigh

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

love to get what's probably a minor head cold while waiting for covid test results

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

fosborb posted:

live with Kelly and Ryan?

that's some real ship of Theseus poo poo

I'm looking forward to the year 3000 when we have "Live with Glingborb and Vincaxia" after the Earth is conquered by aliens.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Dragoncon is about a week away, and just looking into their policies for this year they're expecting about 40,000 attendees, they have a loose mask mandate, and you need either proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID test to get your badge at check-in. Surprised they haven't canceled or at least given people the option to roll their passes over to 2022. Sigh

I was looking forward to meeting Tony "Candyman" Todd at Horror Hound last Mmarch, which was cancelled due to COVID. Looks like they still have 2021 on the books for September, but per the website, my pass will be honored until 2024, which is a nice option considering I sure as hell won't be attending this year.

Otter_Sauce
Mar 2, 2019

~Yikes~

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

There's a guy in my work group who

1. Insisted on relying on his immune system to defend against covid

2. Got covid pt Alpha

3. Insisted that his now natural immunity was sufficient to fend off covid and would not be vaccinating

4. Caught covid pt Delta and was a little sick but otherwise ok

5. Is now in the hospital with breathing difficulties.

lol

Yo is he on a ventilator? Or is he just slinging it at the hospital taking extra oxy. Also what's he sayn now that the man is eating his words?

Insanite
Aug 30, 2005

Chamale posted:

Is there a transcript of this? Or a program that automatically transcribes maybe? Sounds very interesting, but I can't listen to podcasts with my hearing.

looks like they don't have enough patreon support to pay someone for transcription, yet. sorry. :\

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!
https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1429804220883034114?s=19

Lansdowne
Dec 28, 2008

Teenage Riot posted:

This reads like those old TCC trip reports

da 'mectin is wreckin'

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

I'm loving pissed that Pfizer got apprpoved first, I wanted to have an experimental vaccine in my body not some boring vanilla approved poo poo

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

gradenko_2000 posted:

the only people I've seen pick up on ADE so far are those on the ivermectin fringe so I wouldn't worry about it

it's just a way to wedge-in the argument that too many vaccines are bad for you

Crazyweasel posted:

I’m not smart enough to know the science of N vs P and the spoke and all that, but if you look at the data from the real world it overwhelmingly shows that vaccinated people are protected vs. unvaccinated. if there was ADE, you’d see that flipped.

Nothus posted:

There is no evidence of ADE in human coronavirus infections, and no observations of ADE in anyone who has been vaccinated (including boosted) against SARS-CoV-2 using any of currently available vaccines.

thanks y'all. i'm still recovering from the booster and not totally thinking straight. i see now that there doesn't appear to be any ADE with any combination of the current vaccines/Sars-Cov-2 variants - so a booster wouldn't do anything to cause ADE. However, I guess the (slight?) worry would be that maybe a new variant changes in a way that could produce ADE. Which I suppose would mean a LOT of people are hosed.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

I just skimmed that ADE page, but there’s a whole section that insists there’s no evidence to suggest it’s a thing with SARS-CoV-2.

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
As the person who started the ADE derail, my point wasn't that the vaccine is dangerous now. I was just doomlolling at the idea that there's potential for variants with that problem

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
can’t wait for the spikemax commercials. what reworked instrumental tune for a cohort to be sentimental about will be used and color palette?

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Getting a Spikevax4Lyfe tattoo asap. :black101:

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Now that the vaccine has fill FDA approval, COVID is more over than it has ever been before.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Thoguh posted:

Now that the vaccine has fill FDA approval, COVID is more over than it has ever been before.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

smoobles posted:

I'm loving pissed that Pfizer got apprpoved first, I wanted to have an experimental vaccine in my body not some boring vanilla approved poo poo

eat horse paste

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Thoguh posted:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
spikemax? gimme that TITERMAX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

real branding fuckup here, not calling it spikevax and distributing it in those clear vials vs something more akin to a monster energy can