Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Attach it to the end of her severed arm instead and wield the combination in her other hand as a very noisy flail

man now I say that I'm sure I've seen some other thing where someone uses their own severed arm as a club but I can't for the life of me remember where

Werewolf: the Apocalypse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

The first giant boss in Dark Souls 2? He rips his own arm off to club you with about halfway through the fight.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Attach it to the end of her severed arm instead and wield the combination in her other hand as a very noisy flail

man now I say that I'm sure I've seen some other thing where someone uses their own severed arm as a club but I can't for the life of me remember where

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

PLORP is the most powerful onomatopoeia I've ever seen

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Planescape: Torment?

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Caves of Qud?

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

I know there's already been a litany of examples, but there was a pretty memorable scene in Animorphs where someone lost an arm in bear form and just started bludgeoning aliens to death with it.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS Team had it happen with giant robots.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
https://twitter.com/atomicthumbs/status/1428835621770915847?s=20

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1428881462720335877?s=20

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Until I see some demiurge chunks I don't buy it

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
okay so the correct answer was I saw it lots of places apparently

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Pfft, bullshit, Allison is a someone and shes clearly lasted at least a few seconds before expiring.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c4hnA8jXwo

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

I mean clearly at least one person wasn't killed

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

In fairness, it was everyone and Alison was three people at the time.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Who What Now posted:

I mean clearly at least one person wasn't killed

she hasn't hit the ground yet

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Until I see some demiurge chunks I don't buy it

friday's gonna be rad

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

FuturePastNow posted:

It's an ultimate cutting technique not a rube golberg device

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FuturePastNow posted:

I don't care how much nihilistic philosophy you use, the ground isn't a sword :colbert:

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

what meaning has death to one who straddles the wheel?

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Who What Now posted:

I don't care how much nihilistic philosophy you use, the ground isn't a sword :colbert:

Then why can you block it with a shield, hmm?

https://www.nuklearpower.com/2009/09/08/episode-1170-happy-landings/

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i knew my dude jaggs couldn't be a pushover gently caress the wheel flip this whole piece of poo poo over don't even for one second accept you've been beaten in chess when you can hurl the board into hell

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i knew my dude jaggs couldn't be a pushover gently caress the wheel flip this whole piece of poo poo over don't even for one second accept you've been beaten in chess when you can hurl the board into hell

Jaggs isn't even playing chess, he got a pawn stuck up his nose onetime and now thinks board games are for nerds

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
It's extremely true though. Board games are an idiotic waste of time. Get chopping and if you chop the world in half to get what you want you're better off than playing some dumbass game for babies

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Jagganoth is explicitly extremely smart, he was even introduced (iirc) in the Thinker pose.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

packetmantis posted:

Jagganoth is explicitly extremely smart, he was even introduced (iirc) in the Thinker pose.

dude can't conceive of anything outside annihilation, he's might be clever but he's also dumb as poo poo

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well when all you have is a sword and every time you swing it the people who disagree with you disappear

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

dude can't conceive of anything outside annihilation, he's might be clever but he's also dumb as poo poo

Better than what everyone else has figured out so far.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

packetmantis posted:

Better than what everyone else has figured out so far.

:objection:
Total universal death leads to stasis in a way that the other idiots' plans/dominions do not. Yeah, each turn of the wheel turns out pretty much the same, but importantly, it might not

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

:objection:
Total universal death leads to stasis in a way that the other idiots' plans/dominions do not. Yeah, each turn of the wheel turns out pretty much the same, but importantly, it might not

This is an addict's line of reasoning.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Make the fate of the universe come down to a game of Reversi/Othello

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Regalingualius posted:

Make the fate of the universe come down to a game of Reversi/Othello
Isn't that the plot of Kingdom Hearts?

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Kingdom Hearts is all over the place

Have some Brian David Gilbert on the subject:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwEwxKkCGJE

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

SniperWoreConverse posted:

It's extremely true though. Board games are an idiotic waste of time. Get chopping and if you chop the world in half to get what you want you're better off than playing some dumbass game for babies

While you were studying 1. e4 I was studying the blade

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?
So Jaggs does this every time the heir gets to a certain level of power for reasons (?), which leads to the outcome of the wheel resetting. And his plan is to keep doing this in order to keep the wheel from resetting? Is he getting stronger each time or something and if he does it a few thousand more times he can finally do something useful? Is that the plan?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Guildenstern Mother posted:

So Jaggs does this every time the heir gets to a certain level of power for reasons (?), which leads to the outcome of the wheel resetting. And his plan is to keep doing this in order to keep the wheel from resetting? Is he getting stronger each time or something and if he does it a few thousand more times he can finally do something useful? Is that the plan?

I think Jagg himself doesn't know the next step is, because Zoss always resets the wheel before anything else can happen. He seems to be roughly aware of the situation but the details don't carry over between turns.

Most previous heirs probably faced Jagg alone after taking out the other demiurges and not becoming a Voltron of ladies, and got obliterated. Things might be different enough this time with Allison surviving the sure-kill attack to make Zoss hold off for a hot minute. Basically, if Zoss doesn't hit the button right now then it's unknown territory for the entire cosmology and everybody in it, Jagganoth included.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yeah every single time thus far, Jaggs wins. Its not stated how long jaggs has known, or how many loops it took him to realize it, but it may be one of the things different about this loop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Wait a minute...

Is Jaggs just bad end Nightmare Knight?