Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!

AW CMON. NOT YOU TOO DAMON ALBARN, SERIOUSLY?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Topo Chico Debarge posted:

American Academy of Pediatrics Cautions Against Off-Label Use of COVID-19 Vaccines in Children Under 12

fwiw, I just got off the phone with my kids pediatrician and they are not down to jab them. so if someone does find a tele-doc that is down, lemme know.
:same:
my kids doc said the same
cool cool school starts in 2 weeks cool cool everything is fine yupppp

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I've been crossing my fingers that the in-person classes my partner TA's will be canceled sometime within the next month. We both got boosters last week but as a former dumbass undergrad I'm betting some sizable portion of Clemson's dumbass undergrads aren't even vaccinated

I bet it's not even 50%. I could be wrong, often am.

College is the worst possible scenario, 10x worse than public schools IMO. Entire halls of residents living together. And ofc college students are going to party and go to bars, etc.

I don't think they make it 2 weeks but there's me being wrong again.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

McNugget Buddy posted:

That dumb ER doctor who was quoted in an article yesterday that we confused with Fauci chimes in:

https://twitter.com/jeremyfaust/status/1429816031976083468

I mean I understand where he's coming from, especially as someone in a similar situation. I could've secretly jabbed myself with a booster already, or he could have gotten his kid a secret shot already, but if it ever comes time to prove you got it then you're screwed

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
How Pfizer has waned over time in Israel - looks like the 4 month mark is when everything plummets:

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1429836115410706432

McNugget Buddy fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Aug 23, 2021

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
What's holding up the EUA for kids again?

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
Pfizer managed to create the best possible vaccine for their bottom line, lmao.

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Nothus posted:

There is no evidence of ADE in human coronavirus infections, and no observations of ADE in anyone who has been vaccinated (including boosted) against SARS-CoV-2 using any of currently available vaccines.

So ur saying im gonna die, got it

Serf
May 5, 2011

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

I bet it's not even 50%. I could be wrong, often am.

College is the worst possible scenario, 10x worse than public schools IMO. Entire halls of residents living together. And ofc college students are going to party and go to bars, etc.

I don't think they make it 2 weeks but there's me being wrong again.

3 weeks here so far and nothing's happening. the hospital is out of beds, but the news isn't gonna say anything

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
gently caress.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Deceptive Thinker posted:

They are nowhere near done with the trials

Zisky
May 6, 2003

So at what point should I start keeping my walkway-facing windows closed again?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Pixies cancelled their concert and ticketmaster appears to be a lot better at telling you to gently caress off at getting a refund

Zisky
May 6, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

Pixies cancelled their concert and ticketmaster appears to be a lot better at telling you to gently caress off at getting a refund

Do a chargeback, gently caress ticketmaster.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

cr0y posted:

They are nowhere near done with the trials

The FDA also made the number of participants for the trial increase in terms of the original proposal phase testing which made the trial kick-off time take even longer.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Deceptive Thinker posted:

the trials are taking longer than they were previously expected because midway through the FDA expanded the trials to increase the sensitivity to extremely rare side effects.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Zisky posted:

So at what point should I start keeping my walkway-facing windows closed again?

About a year ago

Mr. Pizza
Oct 5, 2009

St. Feigl-Ding

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zisky posted:

Pfizer managed to create the best possible vaccine for their bottom line, lmao.

Which me funny if the difference was simple as Moderna going with a 3x dose of the recipe (100uG vs 30uG)

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
well pediatrician doing cya is why I contacted our son’s cardiologist affiliated with the childrens hospital he’s had to stay in a couple times they have the info and medical history to hopefully make the right call here

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

moist turtleneck posted:

I am un chien andalusia
Wanna grow up to be
on a ventilator

Baddog
May 12, 2001

etalian posted:

The FDA also made the number of participants for the trial increase in terms of the original proposal phase testing which made the trial kick-off time take even longer.

Well, they started in june and expected to have enough data for EUA by "septemberish". That request for more data points was just a few weeks ago right? So yah, those kids are probably just getting their second shots now.

I'm afraid that the efficacy is *way* down now with Delta, so they are all wandering around like "why was the vaccine 95% effective for adults and its only 50% effective in kids?? Its a goddamn mystery".

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Doctor posted:

AW CMON. NOT YOU TOO DAMON ALBARN, SERIOUSLY?!

noo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thoguh posted:

Surely the chuds will now get vaccinated rather than expose themselves to be hypocrites.

Related Norm Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljaP2etvDc4

Barry Soteriology
Mar 1, 2020

Koirhor posted:

well pediatrician doing cya is why I contacted our son’s cardiologist affiliated with the childrens hospital he’s had to stay in a couple times they have the info and medical history to hopefully make the right call here

Good luck goon, sincerely

Nodelphi
Jan 30, 2004

We are all quite capable of believing in anything as long as it's improbable.

Ham Wrangler

Koirhor posted:

thanks for the reply, with my son being ICU’d twice in his life I feel like I got to jump the line so to speak if I can, they come back and say young kids can’t get the mrna for some reason then we’re hosed anyways.

The most critical consideration is the dosage, the phase 2/3 trials in kids that I am aware of are studying varying doses by age and a prescriber really needs that info before ignoring the AAP and FDA. That also means vaccine centers will need training to ensure safe administration of the proper dose.

All very doable and in relatively short order if we had a functional healthcare system but well… *gestures all around*

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

:dare:

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

where are China and Russia at wrt to dosing kids. can you jab a 9 year old full of Sinovac.

Teabag Dome Scandal
Mar 19, 2002

McNugget Buddy posted:

How Pfizer has waned over time in Israel - looks like the 4 month mark is when everything plummets:

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1429836115410706432

guess I shouldn't have gotten vaccinated so soon

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Schnorkles posted:

The problem with "lets wait for the science!" is:

wow...sounds like someone violated hippos . should be arrested. maybe shot.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Felt like crap halfway into work, slight frontal headache and of course thanks to doomscrolling I felt like 3 other symptoms including sore throat and gastro issues because my wife is being induced this week. I only got like 4 hours or sleep last night but I'm thinking the worst.

4 rapid tests later (from 2 different brands, 2 per box so 4 boxes), all negative, and I feel better for now. Taking the other 4 after 24 hours to be sure.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Soap Scum posted:

loving lol @ this thread on reddit of people commenting on the australia/sydney situation saying ELIMINATING COVID IS SIMPLY NOT POSSIBLE

https://www.reddit.com/r/Coronavirus/comments/p9w608/zero_covid_just_not_possible_nsw_premier_gladys/

and the one person who says "uhhhh china did it, without high vax rate, and in the face of delta" got downvoted into oblivion lol

China did it because they had Comrade Xi's consistent vision and also application of nation state level resources to solve the crisis.

In Australia by contrast you have people who live in NSW (Why the lockdown / Let's be like Florida!!)

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/sputnikvaccine/status/1404111378668003330?s=20

pigz
Jul 12, 2004

Nearly as overlooked as Joe Mauer
Scheduled my 6 year old for shot in the Pfizer trial. Sep 2nd lol. Gonna be ages until eua

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Nodelphi posted:

The most critical consideration is the dosage, the phase 2/3 trials in kids that I am aware of are studying varying doses by age and a prescriber really needs that info before ignoring the AAP and FDA.

They are through the dosage trials, pfizer is using 10µg for 5-11 (1/3 the adult dose).

https://www.drugdiscoverytrends.com/pfizer-to-seek-to-expand-covid-19-vaccine-eua-to-children-aged-5-to-11/

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

quote:

China’s children may be next in line for COVID-19 vaccines
By HUIZHONG WU
June 11, 2021

TAIPEI, Taiwan (AP) — If China is to meet its tentative goal of vaccinating 80% of its population against the coronavirus by the end of the year, tens of millions of children may have to start rolling up their sleeves.

Regulators took the first step last week by approving the use of the country’s Sinovac vaccine for children aged 3 to 17, and on Friday announced the same for the Sinopharm vaccine. No date has been set for the shots to start.

Children have been largely spared the worst of the pandemic, becoming infected less easily than adults and generally showing less severe symptoms when they do catch the virus. But experts say children can still transmit the virus to others and some note that if countries are going to achieve herd immunity through their vaccination campaigns, inoculating children should be part of the plan.

“Vaccinating children is an important step forward,” said Jin Dong-yan, a virologist at the University of Hong Kong’s medical school.

https://apnews.com/article/china-business-coronavirus-pandemic-coronavirus-vaccine-health-71eb38fd949e394145dbf901d96ec603

Baddog
May 12, 2001

Atrocious Joe posted:

where are China and Russia at wrt to dosing kids. can you jab a 9 year old full of Sinovac.

Yes, you can. Sinovac approved for 3+ in June.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lamo if China vaccinated 12 and under before the USA

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I mean that is more important than going to the moon or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!