Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol that was an awesome finish

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

lol what an ending

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
i'm not really sure what bc was doing at the end there completely splitting Lina at the river and TB at the barracks

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Truly awful decision making by beastcoast in the last 3 minutes of the game

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

turns out giving yourself up to get megas when your mid doesn't have buyback isn't a good idea

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Oh man

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

turns out giving yourself up to get megas when your mid doesn't have buyback isn't a good idea

In fact he bought back to get megas

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheRat posted:

In fact he bought back to get megas

lmao I missed that, what an absurd throw

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

group B in ESL has some fun chaos potential today even if probably none of it will happen. The only thing that's "clinched" is that Beastcoast can't be eliminated. Everyone else can still finish in any of the three tiers (upper bracket, lower bracket, elimination)

meanwhile in group A there's like no drama because TP and creep have both already been eliminated (they each have one win, from a series split against each other), VP has already clinched, and Tundra only needs a split vs creep to get the other upper spot.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Beastcoast vs Allliance should be fun, Beastcoast has been on it. They were able to beat LGD (though subbed with a coach)

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Cerepol posted:

Beastcoast vs Allliance should be fun, Beastcoast has been on it. They were able to beat LGD (though subbed with a coach)

This game happened yesterday, and it was fun!

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012
Important to keep in mind that the sub for LGD is TI winning player xiao8 so I wouldn't necessarily call him standing in as a massive downgrade. Nothingtosay is obviously in a different league compared to Director 8 but he's still a very good player and afaik still grinds out pubs.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

TheRat posted:

This game happened yesterday, and it was fun!

oh yeah and I even watched it lmao. my brain is like swiss cheese I blame ESL for not updating their twitch description quickly enough

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
It is very funny how bad EU Dota is

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Rolling Thunder Pig Pole :haw:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lol beastcoast dropped game 1 to empire

alliance could force a playoff for UB/LB if they 2-0 liquid (already won game 1) and bc loses again

or for even more chaos if SG can take game 2 off of LGD to split that series it would be a three way tie for those two spots (empire takes the second lower bracket slot in this case)

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Much like I predicted lycan has become Super Brood and can solo tier 3s

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I don't think Alliance has an answer for this clinkz

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Hmmmmm first mage slayer on weaver this patch and is about to lose :thunk:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

It's really funny comparing clinkz and weaver because they're really similar but clinkz has so many steroids and weaver has like, a built in echo saber I guess

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

Does anyone? Clinkz seems really broken

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheRat posted:

Does anyone? Clinkz seems really broken

I'm sure one exists but I haven't watched much dota since the patch. I know there haven't been many pro games but I just mean in general.

I think the biggest thing you can do is end the game before he comes online, I played as him last night and ended up losing because I'm bad but also because I got outfarmed pretty badly. But even down at least one item we almost won the last teamfight with basically just a ravage + my Q

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Aug 24, 2021

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/iNsan1a/status/1430233609303203845

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

IcePhoenix posted:

In G2 it didn't matter if Alliance won or not, they'd stay in right? Probably they wanted to try Weaver and Lycan and didn't really care.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerk McJerkface posted:

In G2 it didn't matter if Alliance won or not, they'd stay in right? Probably they wanted to try Weaver and Lycan and didn't really care.

they still had a chance at UB depending on the other two series but if they went into that game thinking they wouldn't get the results they needed from them (a reasonable expectation tbqh) I could definitely see them just deciding to experiment.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

owned by neustadtl

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah I think this Liquid roster has run its course

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Yeah I think this Liquid roster has run its course

I'd be shocked if they stay together like this. Missing TI, bombing out of the only tournament for months...ugh poor guys.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lmao this clinkz is doing like 2k damage a second

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sand King Aghs!

I don't care if it's a charity Aghs it still counts!

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

This shows how strong the lycan shard is, they literally can't leave their base because these wolves are destroying buildings

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Honestly clinkz seems like the most broken hero in a very long time

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

god going against both clinkz and lycan must be like a doctor telling you that you have two different kinds of terminal cancer

t1 is up 30k and have basically felt like they were in danger of losing with one mistake for the entire game

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

rrrrrrrato

E: come onnnnn necro

Grapplejack fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 24, 2021

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 14 days!
Rip T1, force boots

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

holy poo poo that clutch lion stun was amazing

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

Grapplejack posted:

This shows how strong the lycan shard is, they literally can't leave their base because these wolves are destroying buildings

I haven't been watching closely, but the Attack Speed slow on Cripple reducing towers ability to kill creeps seems pretty powerful. In addition to the DOT and just the doggies right clicking of course.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

what a game

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

rat doto....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
drat entertaining t1 vs vp game