Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender

Rubby posted:

lmao that everything is so stupid that i get to bust this out again

https://i.imgur.com/uYYKnJW.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

It's loving stupid, but this is the ruling elite's mouthpieces telling us how it's going to be.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Mainlines silver

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

skewetoo posted:

It's going to be awkward when the msm consent manufacturing is going to rev up all the it's endemic now there is nothing we could have done when you can definitely point to countries where it isn't.

I like how the consent manufacturing machine seems to have meltdowns on how countries like AUS, China and New Zealand actually produced different outcomes compared to Florida.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My wife is 30 hours out from her third Pfizer shot and she's completely wiped out, compared to having no reaction at all to her first two beyond a sore arm. She woke up this morning, called off work, and has been in bed all day.

This was me over the weekend; the headache persisted from day 2 and into day 3. I ended up just sleeping all of Saturday but I felt better come Sunday. I had my second vaccine dose last Wednesday with Pfizer after getting J&J in April.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I've "had" covid like at least two dozen different times

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

my friend sent me that atlantic piece, and the whole thing is predicated on reinfections being less severe lmao

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
the endemic covid thing is great and all but guys... rich guys... when all the hospitals are filled up and many more people die than is necessary, that is actually bad for the economy in the long run. Maybe I could hold classes for rich guys who run things, and teach them basic cause and effect.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

My wife is 30 hours out from her third Pfizer shot and she's completely wiped out, compared to having no reaction at all to her first two beyond a sore arm. She woke up this morning, called off work, and has been in bed all day.

I felt hungover and like there was a rock in my arm for day 2, but day 3 I feel great. I had about 2 days of feeling awful after my first shot.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41422-021-00473-1

quote:

Coinfection with influenza A virus enhances SARS-CoV-2 infectivity
18 February 2021

Unfortunately, during the last winter flu season in the southern hemisphere, little epidemiological evidence was collected regarding the interaction between COVID-19 and flu, likely due to a low IAV infection rate resulting from social distancing. One case report showed that three out of four SARS-CoV-2 and IAV coinfected patients rapidly develop respiratory deterioration. In contrast, another study only reported mild symptoms in limited coinfection outpatients. A retrospective study found that the coinfection rate of SARS‐CoV‐2 and influenza virus was as high as 57.3% (among which 49.8% was coinfected with IAV) in a single‐centered study of 307 COVID-19 patients during the outbreak period in Wuhan. Thus, the high coinfection rate and the unpredictable clinical outcomes pose great concerns when facing the threat of both viruses.

In this study, we tested whether IAV infection could affect the subsequent SARS-CoV-2 infection in both cultured cells and mice. Our results demonstrate that preinfection with IAV strongly enhances the infectivity of SARS-CoV-2 by boosting viral entry into cells and elevating the viral load, leading to more severe lung damage in infected mice. These data suggest a clear auxo-action of IAV on SARS-CoV-2 infection, which underscores the great risk of influenza virus and SARS-CoV-2 coinfection to public health.

:psyduck:

Get a flu shot!

McNugget Buddy fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Aug 23, 2021

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Got a flu shot every year for the past decade :meowth:

College Rockout
Jan 10, 2010

Sunny Side Up posted:

What are some clear familiar brief analogies to show why you can’t divide by total number vaccinated in order to calculate breakthrough %?

99.9% of people who wear bulletproof vests don't die of chest wounds. Would that convince you it's ok to get shot while wearing one? No, the number you care about is the people who wear bulletproof vests and don't die of chest wounds AFTER BEING SHOT, like the number you care about for breakthroughs is the amount of vaccinated people that get sick after being exposed or "shot" with covid.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Der Meister posted:

i am a doctor. a prescription is only as good as a pharmacist willing to fill or inject it i guess

if the pharmacist is giving the shot they're on the hook too. i guess because the the vials are 4 doses they can't just give you a vial?

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

bowser posted:

he's running.

https://twitter.com/chrisbrown2075/status/1429893436484702236?s=21

I wish there was a way to get accurate statistics for how many families have been destroyed by the pandemic. That's on top of all the ones destroyed by years of Trump and QAnon nonsense. There's gonna be a lot of people who will never apologize or make amends and so they'll spend the rest of their lives being increasingly bitter and lonely.

I honestly have no idea how my parents haven't fallen down the Qanon rabbit hole, but somehow despite being huge chuds they always mask up and got vaccinated early on (and my mom is getting a booster this week since she has leukemia and uses an N95 when she goes out). Meanwhile my one aunt is looking into radon therapy and my other is looking up the sheep treatment (despite being a nurse). I really don't get it at all.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Maybe that's the common factor for the flu shot study showing a interesting difference in outcomes?

Having COV19 + Flu is like getting hit with two Damage over Time spells at the same moment.

Note here in the US the flu are available and you can can also get both both vaccines at the same time per the latest medical guidance.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

College Rockout posted:

99.9% of people who wear bulletproof vests don't die of chest wounds. Would that convince you it's ok to get shot while wearing one? No, the number you care about is the people who wear bulletproof vests and don't die of chest wounds AFTER BEING SHOT, like the number you care about for breakthroughs is the amount of vaccinated people that get sick after being exposed or "shot" with covid.

bulletproof vests are used while also TRYING TO AVOID EXPOSURE TO BULLETS

bulletproof vests are not used WHILE TRYING TO INTENTIONALLY RUN IN THE LINE OF FIRE OF SEVERAL HUNDRED TRILLION BULLETS PER HOUR BEING SPRAYED AT EVERY PART OF YOU

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm kinda laughing at the fact that given Japan's situation I still have to sit in a room for 14 days after I arrive.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/zerotokorea/status/1429381768709386243?s=20
https://twitter.com/starsandstripes/status/1429891440910475264?s=20
https://twitter.com/guardian/status/1429617440351195137?s=20
https://twitter.com/CTVNews/status/1428827967908720653?s=20

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

B-Rock452 posted:

I really don't get it at all.

Society collapsed cloud

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Casey Finnigan posted:

the endemic covid thing is great and all but guys... rich guys... when all the hospitals are filled up and many more people die than is necessary, that is actually bad for the economy in the long run. Maybe I could hold classes for rich guys who run things, and teach them basic cause and effect.

There was that article a few years back about an economist who got flown to meet with a handful of billionaires so they could pick his brain, and they specifically asked what they should do if society devolved into chaos

The economist replied something like "treat your employees well now and they'll remember it when things become dire"

And he said the billionaires just started laughing uncontrollably

There's no hope for the rich guys

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

It’s interesting that the liberal response is increasingly bargaining about what “illness” is with regards to breakthrough infections being a grey area and now the chudbrain is pro-antibodies but only from escaping death with your Apple flavored horse paste.

Will we see a chud vaccination program of smooshing covid phlegm into open cuts in their arms like the early small pox vaccine while the brunch class starts to pretend the virus no longer exists as they themselves choke on it? An increasingly grotesque mirroring along the whims of their commentariat?

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

Lmao what would you rather, just continuous illness and death bathing in a soup of virus aerosols or 5 months of totally normal suck n gently caress followed by one month isolation holiday at home in every 6? Lockdowns do actually work if you do them quickly and properly with high compliance and the funny thing is they're actually significantly beneficial for the economy too because the average depression in consumption is lower. But I don't own a media company so what do I know.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
covid is boring now. how long until the next super ultra mega destructo killer virus? whenever it is, I think we shouldn't do anything about it and should keep everything open.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Casey Finnigan posted:

but what about the short term for number? short term number is literally all that matters.

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Casey Finnigan posted:

They don't care.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

:siren:Many Ways to Use Colloidal Silver On (and In) Your Body for Maximum Infection-Fighting Benefits:siren:

1. You can drink a few tablespoons full a day to help boost immunity and prevent infections

2. You can drink a few ounces at a time to rapidly eliminate food poisoning or other “tummy bugs”.

3. You can brush your teeth with it to prevent decay and bacterial plaque buildup

4. You can Nebulize it in your lungs to help quickly heal nasty upper respiratory infections

5. You can soak your feet in it to eliminate athlete’s foot and toenail fungus.

6. You can lightly spray it on your hair after washing and drying, to eliminate dandruff (Dr. Balch says many cases of dandruff are simply topical Candida Yeast infections; and silver is astonishingly effective against this fungus.)

7. You can put a few drops in your eyes to eliminate sties, Pink Eye and other eye infections virtually overnight

8. You can put a few drops in your ears to eliminate earaches in a single day or two

9. You can spray it on cuts and scrapes to prevent infection and stimulate rapid healing

10. You can spray it on burns to soothe the skin and stimulate rapid healing

11. You can spray it on shingles infections to quickly relieve the pain and trigger rapid healing

12. You can spray it on insect bites to soothe and relieve the pain, and help prevent infection from setting in

I personally brew my own colloidal silver at home it’s simple and cost-effective. It brews between 10 and 20 ppm

This information is from The Natural Health Library.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
What does endemic COVID mean?

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/EsotericCD/status/1429607719728726022?s=20

Esoteric Jeff is Team Covid

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Hollismason posted:

Living in Florida.

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Hollismason posted:

it's just a cold, bro

"Still, these colds are not completely benign; one of the common-cold coronaviruses has caused deadly outbreaks in nursing homes before. "

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Hollismason posted:

I give up

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Hollismason posted:

Let people get sick without trying to stop it so that... we can justify keeping schools open so parents can keep going to work so that no drastic measures that might impact the stock market have to be taken, I guess?

Lyndon LaRouche
Sep 5, 2006

by Azathoth

Hollismason posted:

China loving owns the West is what it means.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Hollismason posted:

rich people feel safe again

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
The assumption is also being made that people won't care about very high death rates and will not alter their behavior at all once medical care becomes scarce. Which I dunno maybe that will happen

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

breathe deep, let the virus fill your lungs. maybe i'll see you on the other side.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Yeah but what is the difference between a pandemic and endimic.

Jon Irenicus
Apr 23, 2008

YO ASSHOLE

ah cool so the two things being astroturfed this week are "the deadly virus is here to stay and we aren't doing a thing about it" and "go see Shang-Chi in theaters"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feste
Apr 7, 2009

HiHo ChiRho posted:

:siren:Many Ways to Use Colloidal Silver On (and In) Your Body for Maximum Infection-Fighting Benefits:siren:

This information is from The Natural Health Library.

are there any cross-studies on irradiating my colloidal silver before administering it?