Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

Zokari posted:

some regions are experiencing their worst covid waves yet

is there any rationale for these people to think that it wont just keep being like that year after year

whole buncha ppl gonna die and the rest will be shocked into getting a vaccine so problem solved sayeth Number

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Zokari posted:

some regions are experiencing their worst covid waves yet

is there any rationale for these people to think that it wont just keep being like year after year

well with everything else in their lives they just scream about poo poo until they get their way. surely the virus will cave in any time now, like an abused food service worker

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!

Can't wait for China to steamroll over a weak, emaciated west :allears:

欢迎 解放者

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

my coworker is fully vaccinated, totally onboard with not having kids back in schools yet, etc. but she's going to the state fair, which she even described as a superspreader event

oh, and she has a phd in epidemiology lol

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

PLA troops are gonna have an unfair advantage in any war because they don't all have brain fog

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Is the sinovac vaccine effective? I had thought it ended up below even j&j in terms of it's usefulness.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Oh, it was just a talking point? They don't actually care? No loving kidding!

Why anyone thought FDA approval would change anything is beyond me.

I think it will help somewhat indirectly, because now some employers will require vaccination, and well, the military

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Inspector Hound posted:

Are some places not reporting numbers on weekends to keep their averages low

theyve correctly realized case numbers don't matter, we aren't going to shut things down, and we will permanently live with a superflu that just shortens the lifespans of everyone forever. going through the motions on testing and reporting for now, it'll be gone from public consciousnesss after the midterms

edit i didnt even see the singapore stuff, thats exactly whatll hapen

Hollismason posted:

What does endemic COVID mean?

it means it's here forever and was locked in the very second that the ruling elite decided the messaging would be 'flatten the curve' and shouted down everyone asking why that wouldnt just lead to make more cases later

mastershakeman fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 23, 2021

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Hollismason posted:

Yeah but what is the difference between a pandemic and endimic.

The End.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lol

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science

skewetoo posted:

Got a flu shot every year for the past decade :meowth:

my parents arent vaxxed (unless they did it i secret and didnt tell anyone) but used to be religious about getting flu shots every year but i never bothered with it

when i told them i got vaxxed i said if its just the flu then this is just a flu shot and they didnt say anything

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

El Mero Mero posted:

Is the sinovac vaccine effective? I had thought it ended up below even j&j in terms of it's usefulness.

I'd say it's C-list for the vaccine tier especially how even against previous strains the effectiveness after a single shot was fairly low.

Even though it looks like just about every 1st gen vaccine requires a 3rd booster shot.

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Blackhawk posted:

https://twitter.com/SiouxsieW/status/1429914152185696259

CONSENT MANUFACTURING MACHINE GO BRRRRR

Man its super obvious that every media shithead across the planet simultaneously got an email telling them to start downplaying the virus hey?

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/MaliqueRankin/status/1429925695191461897

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

https://twitter.com/AmberSchmidtke/status/1429929208374087683?s=20

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
no matter how bad your local schools are handling this........... it could be much, much worse

https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/status/1429926844430798852

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Joementum posted:

no matter how bad your local schools are handling this........... it could be much, much worse

https://twitter.com/ZTPetrizzo/status/1429926844430798852

This is like one of the dumb visual gags from the move Idiotcracy, The MyPillow Schooling center.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

This isn't a big problem, but I thought I'd share. When I started taking D3, my heart rate has went up about 8 beats per minute. It is possible and says so in D3 side effects. Dropping my dose down from 5000IUs.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

get vaxxed, do crimes

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

etalian posted:

This is like one of the dumb visual gags from the move Idiotcracy, The MyPillow Schooling center.

dying for the crackhead pillow guy's lesson plans

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

Has anyone checked to see if crack cures/prevents covid? I don't think lindell has caught it yet and he claims to not be vaxxed.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

can the fairy hurry up and bless Matt Walsh please

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Zokari posted:

why do people think anyone gives a gently caress about how good your snipe is
there are rules actually it's more of a ~*forum etiquette*~ thing

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Koirhor posted:

excerpts from nursing reddit

The only good thing about delta is people seem to not hang out as long. The admission to dying process seems to take about a week now. The other waves we had patients hanging out for a month on 100 percent bipap. The floors were taking patients up to 15 liters. This is going to be

I feel like 90% of this my hospital. I’m leaving in 3 weeks from the ICU. So many people have left I really starting to wonder if they will have to close, no exaggeration. Almost no techs left, some floors are at 25% of normal nurse staff. RT is leaving in droves. Even nutrition is down to skeleton staff, the food comes in styrofoam clamshells and looks inedible. So bad I was happy my folks were vented so I didn’t have to give them that food.

:eyepop:

This thread is wild.

https://www.reddit.com/r/nursing/comments/p9wrqu/what_would_a_medical_collapse_look_like/?utm_medium=android_app&utm_source=share

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Hollismason posted:

What does endemic COVID mean?

Infect 'em all and let God sort them out

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

Hollismason posted:

Yeah but what is the difference between a pandemic and endimic.

pandemic is bad thing, mask up! endemic is less bad thing we live with. eat arbys.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Chernobyl seems infinitely simpler than this.

Zokari
Jul 23, 2007

all of my snipes are the same quality as the rest of my posts (awful)

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Tzen posted:

there are rules actually it's more of a ~*forum etiquette*~ thing

its called culture

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Baddog posted:

Started leaning on people for the off label scrip, and what I heard (secondhand obviously) is that pediatricians are trying to write it for their own kids but getting turned away at the pharmacies.

Also, that pfizer IS back to testing 20 and 30 microgram dosing in the expanded trial. Further signaling that efficacy is way down (like we all expected, I don't give a poo poo, just let me get my kid something).
lmaoooo

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
*chuckles*

I'm in danger

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
“If they would rather die,” said Coronavirus, “they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population.”

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Ah yes, the endemic virus currently scything through our children like a hot knife through butter.

I'm sorry that you think you should stay indoors wearing a respirator all the time, maybe you just don't understand the science.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I'm rewatching the terrible show "zoo"
It makes more sense then idiots telling us we have to learn to live with a virus and it'll totally play ball. Really.

Currently on "zoo" wolves are attacking a prison and eating the guards.

KillerFuzzball
Jul 1, 2007

taste the pain

HiHo ChiRho posted:

This isn't a big problem, but I thought I'd share. When I started taking D3, my heart rate has went up about 8 beats per minute. It is possible and says so in D3 side effects. Dropping my dose down from 5000IUs.

I didn’t realize this was a thing. I’ve been taking 5000IUs since last year and have had some weird heart palpitations lately, but I’ve also been smoking a ton of weed so :shrug:

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

Ah yes, the endemic virus currently scything through our children like a hot knife through butter.

Kids can't catch covid

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

endemic novel 19 corona pandemic COVID virus

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
maybe we should just copy china? has anyone considered that? they seem to be on the ball, maybe we should just, you know, do the same thing. no? well, ok then :smith:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's pretty telling how in many Chud states, nurses are being offered 12k to 30k signing bonuses to switch jobs.

Like the medical version of type of brutal attrition you saw at Stalingrad or on the West front in WW1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

etalian posted:

I'd say it's C-list for the vaccine tier especially how even against previous strains the effectiveness after a single shot was fairly low.

Even though it looks like just about every 1st gen vaccine requires a 3rd booster shot.

Both Sinovac and Sinopharm in real world testing seems to prevent death and serious hospitalization at a rate around the 80%-90%, which isn't really much different than the mRNA vaccines, which remember, the initial efficacy rates (and none of these efficacy rates are really directly comparable anyway)were early in the pandemic before any new strains. Both produce robust titer Reponses. Obviously, the English media reporting on them are entirely fictitious just like all their reporting on anything related to China. I would think this thread should be aware of that by now.