Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Nuns with Guns)

theGrooseofLegend
Dec 29, 2013

edogawa rando posted:

Obligatory reminder that Karl Jobst is whitepower fashscum.

Kinda of related, but Youtube recommended me a pretty cool video on a guy who cheated a blindfold speedrun of Mario 64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdzo0IXtrtI

Is it a common pattern that Youtubers who cover cheating in speedruns turn out to be chuds or is it just me? I was a bit hesitant to watch the video at first because of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Kinda of related, but Youtube recommended me a pretty cool video on a guy who cheated a blindfold speedrun of Mario 64

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hdzo0IXtrtI

Is it a common pattern that Youtubers who cover cheating in speedruns turn out to be chuds or is it just me? I was a bit hesitant to watch the video at first because of it.

People who make "I play the video games" central to their identities tend to be pretty toxic, so I always immediately assume the worst about them.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

edogawa rando posted:

wait I thought he killed himself

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

edogawa rando posted:

Oh oops didn't know.

Rockit
Feb 2, 2017

Endorph posted:

fyi liam robertson (one of the did you know gaming guys) posted some giant callout post for some rando twitter person who stiffed some artists on a few commissions, and then decided to... start posting about her dox and misgendering her?

'they'
'lulu is the creation of a very manipulative and disturbed person'

and also his callout thread went on and on for like 50 tweets and he started comparing her to sex offenders lol. like chill dude she stiffed someone eighty bucks on a drawing of goku she didnt kill anyone

anyway thats why his twitter is privated. genuinely the most bizarre drama ive seen in a while

I thought the singular they doesn't dictate any gender and people use it interchangeably with the correct gender pronouns all the time. You know like what Liam seems to be doing(I'm reading his locked tweets and even after this one he still uses "her" so ...)

I mean i get how one can be sensitive with someone calling out someone else a fake and i doubt the solidarity he claims he hears from her victims is worth the public exposure but i don't think Liam is dehumanizing her beyond the inherent wrongness of such a detailed callout on manitupltive fraudster and certainly not misgendering her.

He also didn't post any anything like an actual dox only was hosed up enough to go looking and reading solely for his own eyes. The thread only seems to go far enough to have people give their discord PMs.

Rockit fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Aug 24, 2021

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
It was possibly also related to some folks in the stuff he shared claiming "Lulu" was at one time a man and a woman using that account.

Queer Salutations
Aug 20, 2009

kind of a shitty wizard...

theGrooseofLegend posted:

Only if they're in the Goldeneye community.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Grondoth posted:

wait I thought he killed himself

That's ApolloLegend

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

yeah i was poking around on the liam thread earlier and basically all his thread and citations of lulu's behavior was from people sharing their own personal anecdotes/stories about her stiffing people on money or trying to get free work or hassling people and stuff, iirc even the "shes not a real person" claim was a citation from someone else?

honestly though even if she's a real person and not a persona she sounds like a real piece of work :psyduck:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'd seen plenty of people talk about that person being a weird jerk to them without ever seeing Robertson's thread. he was trying to ride a wave for attention but just showed that he was a creep in the process

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once
her behavior is heinous and i would be ashamed to be using my limited time on earth scamming people almost exclusively for attention on the internet

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

ah, i don't want to tweetdump a lot or anything but i just saw these two recent tweets about the lulu situation... one's by a company she worked for and the other is just someone criticizing the liam person for getting wayyyy too wrapped up in it and working with(?) doxxes??

https://twitter.com/AggroCrabGames/status/1429849219532136466

https://twitter.com/WendySnowRadish/status/1429623056180330497

the rabbit hole's getting even deeper huh? :psyduck: i'm starting to think almost everyone involved in this (except the victims) is terrible!

fun hater
May 24, 2009

how braindead do you have to be to admit you were given her dox lol. the complete lack of self-preservation in online audience facing people never fails to blow my tits off

Jamie Faith
Jan 13, 2020

fun hater posted:

how braindead do you have to be to admit you were given her dox lol. the complete lack of self-preservation in online audience facing people never fails to blow my tits off

Liam unlocked his account, and is now retweeting his fans :qq:ing that "How DARE anyone accuses poor ol innocent Liam of doxing!!!!" It is incredibly pathetic

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

To be honest, I'm kind of ok with a confirmed scammer being doxxed. The subsequent disproportionate over-harassment by the internet mob is definitely not ok, but actual scammers shouldn't be able to hide behind an internet persona.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

"over-harassment"

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Motto posted:

"over-harassment"

Well, I'm fine with people telling the company that the scammer works for/sponsors that the person is doing highly unethical behavior. Just like telling employers they have a neo-nazi working for them.

Wrageowrapper
Apr 30, 2009

DRINK! ARSE! FECKIN CHRISTMAS!
One of the I Did a Thing guys somehow snuck into an arms dealer convention.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfrjpy5cJCs

The first guy he interviews is something else.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Booky posted:

ah, i don't want to tweetdump a lot or anything but i just saw these two recent tweets about the lulu situation... one's by a company she worked for and the other is just someone criticizing the liam person for getting wayyyy too wrapped up in it and working with(?) doxxes??

https://twitter.com/AggroCrabGames/status/1429849219532136466

https://twitter.com/WendySnowRadish/status/1429623056180330497

the rabbit hole's getting even deeper huh? :psyduck: i'm starting to think almost everyone involved in this (except the victims) is terrible!

Moral of the story: Do not pursue LuuluBu.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Liam Robertson, based on his tweet history, has absolutely no patience for scammers or predators and is very single-minded in his attempts to expose them. See his (correct) crusade against Nick Robinson.

So this seems to me like an extension of that pattern of behavior and not something specific to Luluubu in the gendered or creepy ways some folks are insinuating.

Whether that pattern of behavior is healthy or helpful is another conversation.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
I feel like the internet are probably not gonna agree that public-facing sex pests predating on coworkers and/or fans and someone who scams $80 drawings on the internet are actually equally good to dox, personally

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Lulubuu does have allegations of inappropriate behavior/unwanted advances going against her, for the record.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:
Lulu is a dumbass scammer who deserved to be run out of town, there's allegations that go back years and years.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

Scammers are garbage and don’t deserve anyone’s sympathy. Doesn’t matter what the money was for, this person still stole $80 from someone and getting called out on twitter for it is the least of the consequences they deserve.

Kim Justice
Jan 29, 2007

Liam may be pretty dedicated to this one but there's some very serious allegations about this person coming out now. Appears to be a persona of some sort. There's a lot here: https://twitter.com/iosefe - this person (lulubuuu) is apparently infamous and there's stuff that goes back drat near a decade from the Spanish community. As DoctorWhat said, some of it very inappropriate.

It also seems as though some people, possibly in bad faith, are trying to confuse Liam Robertson and Nick Robinson and stick the poo poo that Nick did onto Liam.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Bakeneko posted:

this person still stole $80 from someone and getting called out on twitter for it is the least of the consequences they deserve.
I agree that scammers are poo poo but this is still a wild sentence

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

I agree that scammers are poo poo but this is still a wild sentence

In what way?

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

The rampant speculation of retro games really caught me by surprise a few weeks ago. I sold my N64 last year for €50, which was slightly under market value because I wanted to strike a deal quickly and get it over with. Nowadays an N64 will cost you about €140. It's absurd, and knowing that it's all being fixed by a small handful of people makes me really angry.

Capitalism is a blight on society etc etc.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Bakeneko posted:

In what way?
"getting called out on twitter for it is the least of the consequences they deserve" sounds like you have dire consequences in mind over an $80 theft

endocriminologist
May 17, 2021

SUFFERINGLOVER:press send + soul + earth lol
inncntsoul:ok

(inncntsoul has left the game)

ARCHON_MASTER:lol
MAMMON69:lol
Cis people love calling trans ppl they if there’s even a minor disagreement going on. No idea if this person is trans and idk

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

endocriminologist posted:

Cis people love calling trans ppl they if there’s even a minor disagreement going on. No idea if this person is trans and idk

I saw another post saying that they were """actually""" a well known dude scammer in other circles and let me tell you something a trans woman has never done is go by one set of pronouns for years before changing all of their online identies to something completely different and asking people to call her she/her.

so I think that's where the theys are coming through

(my take is that if you're talking about a trans person they is fine but only if you make a point of using he/she/requested neopronoun MORE than you would a cis person)

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

"getting called out on twitter for it is the least of the consequences they deserve" sounds like you have dire consequences in mind over an $80 theft

Well I don't know what you mean by dire, but ideally they'd be sued and forced to give the money back. Of course in practice suing someone over that amount would probably end up costing even more so it isn't a realistic option but that doesn't mean they don't deserve it.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

JordanKai posted:

The rampant speculation of retro games really caught me by surprise a few weeks ago. I sold my N64 last year for €50, which was slightly under market value because I wanted to strike a deal quickly and get it over with. Nowadays an N64 will cost you about €140. It's absurd, and knowing that it's all being fixed by a small handful of people makes me really angry.

Same, though it worked to my benefit. Bought a copy of Berserk for the PS4 for like 15 bucks before the author of the manga, now its worth 110. Found my old Persona 3 and P3FES on the PS2 that I bought on a whim ages ago for a combined price of 60 bucks, now they're worth over 100 each.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Bakeneko posted:

Well I don't know what you mean by dire, but ideally they'd be sued and forced to give the money back. Of course in practice suing someone over that amount would probably end up costing even more so it isn't a realistic option but that doesn't mean they don't deserve it.

Stop digging

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

endocriminologist posted:

Yikes this person is really problematic. They always gave me the creeps / were annoying so I'm not surprised about these allegations, and there's probably much worse left to uncover because y'know. In retrospect it's really obvious that they were a man pretending to be a woman, which hurts REAL trans people and gives transphobes more ammunition. It's very hurtful for me, speaking as an ally. Go to gangstalkingdegenerates dot com if you want more info.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

JordanKai posted:

What moderates retro gaming prices, and any collectable really, is that you can potentially find what you want cheaper elsewhere in a pawn shop or swap meet if it's not something too rare.

Now though, who the gently caress's going anywhere to buy poo poo in retail stores or swap meets when there's the risk of COVID? Your only choice is eBay, and every seller knows it.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
I just sold a copy of Pokemon Colosseum for $87 and Wind Waker for $56. I probably could have gotten more for each.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

luulubuu also told people she was japanese when she very much is not (she told some people one thing and other people another and also apparently LARPed living in japan?? one example i saw is that when playing online games with ppl they'd ask her what server and she'd say "oh im in japan but use EU bc its better" ???) so i am going to go ahead and speculate that while everyone's intentions are good: they probably are just a liar who will say literally anything they think will make people like them or trust them more

i am interested in this bc the amount and depth of the lies that went into this hustle were limitless. fascinating amount of lies that had to stack up to keep this system going. stealing game codes from game reviewers she worked with for capcom games despite claimig to work at capcom lol

e: my friend described it as a 'lie ponzi scheme" and thats pretty much it

fun hater fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Aug 24, 2021

Bug Squash
Mar 18, 2009

That sounds more like a compulsive liar than a serious con artist. They always manage to forget any commitment they made to pay people, so it's functionally the same as a con artist, just with a vastly improbable cover story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Here's a pretty comprehensive thread on this lulu person, the whole ride is wild:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ListeninGarden/status/1430169033928740864

tl;dr they've been doing this for almost a decade across multiple communities under different aliases, and at one point was flat out trying to solicit nudes from minors.