Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Papa Was A Video Toaster

i'm more of a matt lunchansky fan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Matt is amazing, I love them

And their partner is a hella good novelist and excellent cookbook author

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Also I can now safely trash, bf is home from hospital

Serotonin syndrome is rear end

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Yay, that sounds scary. Glad he's k

Zil

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mormon Nailer posted:

Also I can now safely trash, bf is home from hospital

Serotonin syndrome is rear end

He doing okay? And are you? All things considered of course.

Thanks to Dumb Sex-Parrot for the Christmas citrusy sig!

more falafel please posted:

just turn that impostor syndrome into "I'm Poster" syndrome

idiotsavant
dog peed on the entry mat literally as we were going outside for his pee break then barked at the entire world nonstop. time for a big rear end negroni

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Zil posted:

He doing okay? And are you? All things considered of course.

He's doing okay for now, keeping eyes on him at all times.

I'm still not okay. I'm shook af, the last two days have basically destroyed me. Did talk to my sister, did get some stuff sorted, but nobody found her now ex yet. So basically people are sitting in her driveway and around her house just idk, waiting and watching.

I'm worried. A lot.

Escape From Noise

teen witch posted:

and it’s just my passport with the same “if you’re a citizen…” spiel which means I’m getting a decision in a separate mail so anxiety August IS BACK ON

jeepers, I’ve lived here for just over five and I’m this close. to be fair I came over for a goon but still

TBF I have been here for three and a half consecutive years, you need ten to apply. Not sure about taking citizenship here as I'd have to give up American citizenship and that's a whole financial mess.

Escape From Noise

It looks like we're finally done with the daily downpours. Wish I could go smoke a spliff in the park, but alas. Toot a weed 4 me!

Zil

Mormon Nailer posted:

He's doing okay for now, keeping eyes on him at all times.

I'm still not okay. I'm shook af, the last two days have basically destroyed me. Did talk to my sister, did get some stuff sorted, but nobody found her now ex yet. So basically people are sitting in her driveway and around her house just idk, waiting and watching.

I'm worried. A lot.

Which is understandable for the hell that has gone on recently. For now enjoy your time with your BF (and us :trashed:) and take it as easy as you can. You got this.

Ass-penny

Zil posted:

Which is understandable for the hell that has gone on recently. For now enjoy your time with your BF (and us :trashed:) and take it as easy as you can. You got this.

this. we're here for you if you need us

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

I'm sorry I was kind of late replying yesterday Hamjobs. Like others have said, I would imagine you'd be pretty loving drained after all that's happened. We luv u

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

rear end-penny posted:

:haibrow:

Stoner Sloth

rear end-penny posted:

this. also glad bf is home now.

Zil

Just finished up some Lower Decks and eating a slice of peach pie. Feeling super sleepy now instead of the normal energized that the edibles usually give me.

Ass-penny

I had a couple of beers playing board games at a friends. I tried to rally but I was dead tired. I took a short nap time to commence the :trashed:

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Code Jockey

69420 basic bytes free

Zil posted:

Just finished up some Lower Decks and eating a slice of peach pie. Feeling super sleepy now instead of the normal energized that the edibles usually give me.

Man it's been ages since I had peach pie, need to make one again soon

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~
The last couple of days sound crazy exhausting hj, hope this week is chill for you so you can recharge. Always got your back <3

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

Tampa Bae

Please, this is all I have
My friend's ride just came and picked up up and left left a half a case of Natty Daddy. I've never tried this stuff but it's late and I've got the day off. Am I going to throw up/have the worst hangover of my life? I've got vodka to wash the taste out of my mouth

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
Natty daddy will wreck your next BM but it's worth it from a value standpoint.

post it and then drink it :cheers:

Tampa Bae

Areola Grande posted:

Natty daddy will wreck your next BM but it's worth it from a value standpoint.

post it and then drink it :cheers:
The first gulp almost made me throw up ngl. It's the kinda gross poo poo I'll have to start drinking after a regular drink or four

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
the key is to take cheap rum shots in between and eat something real beforehand

Tampa Bae

Areola Grande posted:

the key is to take cheap rum shots in between and eat something real beforehand
Peanut Butter is real and I will go through three of of those drat cups a night to keep myself from having an upset tummy during a night of drinking. It probably doesn't help but eating gobs of peanut butter while drunk is euphoric

Zil

Tampa Bae posted:

Peanut Butter is real and I will go through three of of those drat cups a night to keep myself from having an upset tummy during a night of drinking. It probably doesn't help but eating gobs of peanut butter while drunk is euphoric

I am of the opinion that salty things taste better trashed

Escape From Noise

Tampa Bae posted:

The first gulp almost made me throw up ngl. It's the kinda gross poo poo I'll have to start drinking after a regular drink or four

I love the tasting notes:

Description
Natty Daddy is a lager brewed with the same all-natural ingredients as Natural Light but with 8% ABV. Bright and straw colored. Aroma has a citrus hop and fresh yeast notes. The taste is mellow with touches of grainy, malty notes. Bitterness is mild and balanced.

Tampa Bae

Zil posted:

I am of the opinion that salty things taste better trashed
I wish I lived in the UK sometimes just so I could wander out at 2am for kebabs from a street vendor, nothing hits the spot like a gross, greasy meal from a street vendor

Waffle House is the next best thing tho

Tampa Bae

Pretending that beer isn't a glorified 40 in a can. It tastes grosser than I remember steel reserve being in college

Ass-penny

Tampa Bae posted:

I wish I lived in the UK sometimes just so I could wander out at 2am for kebabs from a street vendor, nothing hits the spot like a gross, greasy meal from a street vendor

Waffle House is the next best thing tho

Same. Waffle houses are also not really a thing where I live tho.

Also thanks EFN for posting that bit about Natty Daddy. I was like, is this some wild nickname for Natural Lite or is this printed on the label? I was seriously confused.

:negative: alas Hamm's is the cheapest beer I buy with any regularity and it has been years since I drank a Hamm's.

Escape From Noise

rear end-penny posted:

Also thanks EFN for posting that bit about Natty Daddy. I was like, is this some wild nickname for Natural Lite or is this printed on the label? I was seriously confused.

:negative: alas Hamm's is the cheapest beer I buy with any regularity and it has been years since I drank a Hamm's.

I had to Google it as well. I thought it was a nickname. Natural Ice definitely has some names that sound like it. Naturday for instance

Tampa Bae

rear end-penny posted:

They're very real and are hurting me right now.

I had a friend stay over from Australia and for some reason he fell in love with Four Lokos, he had them almost every day he was here and even brought some back to Australia to share with his room mates.

Part of being a functional alcoholic is responsibly buying the cheapest/most ABV% you can get. Drunk is drunk ig

Escape From Noise

Drinkin' with The Devil! :twisted:666! :rock:Hail saison!:black101: (it's actually a blond)

Tampa Bae

Escape From Noise posted:

Drinkin' with The Devil! :twisted:666! :rock:Hail saison!:black101: (it's actually a blond)

I was going to make fun of how much foam there was but looked at their website and that's how you're supposed to do it

ig I'm used to lovely beer poured at baseball games, wrestling shows, and dive bars

Ass-penny

the cheap beers hurt, that's real. I try to justify my functional alcoholism by buying better stuff. Like oh I can afford something more expensive than the bottom tier ratio. Whatever it's all justifications to make it work in your mind. I'm not stressing about it, do what you gotta do and welcome to trashed crew. I don't think I've seen you here so I thought I'd say :whatup: and good on you for drinking those NDs.

Tampa Bae

rear end-penny posted:

the cheap beers hurt, that's real. I try to justify my functional alcoholism by buying better stuff. Like oh I can afford something more expensive than the bottom tier ratio. Whatever it's all justifications to make it work in your mind. I'm not stressing about it, do what you gotta do and welcome to trashed crew. I don't think I've seen you here so I thought I'd say :whatup: and good on you for drinking those NDs.
Yeah I just registered last night and the last forum I used was idk Gamefaqs when I was a teenger maybe.

Usually I just get some vodka, mix it with punch or orange juice in a sports cooler and dump a bunch of ice in it. By the time it's hitting the bottom the ice is melting and I'm getting that little extra bit of water so I know it's time to stop drinking

Escape From Noise

Tampa Bae posted:

I was going to make fun of how much foam there was but looked at their website and that's how you're supposed to do it

ig I'm used to lovely beer poured at baseball games, wrestling shows, and dive bars

Yeah, that's like the big difference between British and American beer and European beers. Like you want a big creamy head on your German lagers and Belgian ales, brewers encourage this by releasing foam creating enzymes by starting the mash at a lower temperature. It's sort of an aesthetic thing. With British and American beers it's seen as a rip-off.

Tampa Bae

Yeah, that's like the big difference between British and American beer and European beers. Like you want a big creamy head on your German lagers and Belgian ales, brewers encourage this by releasing foam creating enzymes by starting the mash at a lower temperature. It's sort of an aesthetic thing. With British and American beers it's seen as a rip-off.
It reminds me of pouring cola too fast into a glass and finding out the whole can netted a fourth of the cup. I've only been over to London and the beer was more or less the same just with lots of chanting and party games but I'm down to pretend to be a refined European for a minute

I just don't know if there's any authentic European beer around here. We've got Beck's

Escape From Noise

Tampa Bae posted:

It reminds me of pouring cola too fast into a glass and finding out the whole can netted a fourth of the cup. I've only been over to London and the beer was more or less the same just with lots of chanting and party games but I'm down to pretend to be a refined European for a minute

I just don't know if there's any authentic European beer around here. We've got Beck's

You can find Duvel, Chimay, and Pilsner Urquell most places.

Tampa Bae

I'll keep that in mind when the World Cup rolls around and I'll even pick a random German team to go all in on because they have a fun logo

Update on Natty Daddy, I'm on four now and I'm already feeling a headache which means I either need more water or more beer

teen witch

I love Pilsner Urquell because I call it Urkel Beer.

if I could send over cool Swedish beers to y’all I would. I hate most non sour beers so I’m way off on what’s “good” but damnit I’d try

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Escape From Noise

teen witch posted:

I love Pilsner Urquell because I call it Urkel Beer.

if I could send over cool Swedish beers to y’all I would. I hate most non sour beers so I’m way off on what’s “good” but damnit I’d try

I love sours but I get it.

Pilsner Urquell is actually Czech (birthplace of Pilsner, from Pilsen). If you want good German beer Ayinger and Paulener is a widely available option.

A few years ago I was looking up pills that are for some reason and it kind of blew my mind realizing how new of a style it is, at least relative to world history

Escape From Noise fucked around with this message at 11:15 on Aug 24, 2021