Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Simply Simon posted:

Softies protag is a girl, she's called a she in one of the first strips, and here and in the Webcomics thread people never realize and nobody corrects them, why

because she looks like clevin, with the hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Simply Simon posted:

Softies protag is a girl, she's called a she in one of the first strips, and here and in the Webcomics thread people never realize and nobody corrects them, why

Because nobody actually reads it and just skims through the images.

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

i cannot pin down why i find Softies so very, very unwholesome

That's the word! It's... itchy, somehow. Claustrophobic. Seven billion people are dead and the protagonist says "oh bummer" but everyone's eyes are wide and unblinking as of one screaming, endlessly.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

because she looks like clevin, with the hair

Clevin with the hair (with the hair)

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

I legit don't understand the number of strong reactions Softie is spawning, it just seems like the most inoffensive thing ever even if it's not for you :shrug:

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Captain Hygiene posted:

I legit don't understand the number of strong reactions Softie is spawning, it just seems like the most inoffensive thing ever even if it's not for you :shrug:

It's because people think that everyone wants to hear their opinion, no matter how mundane.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Slimy Hog posted:

It's because people think that everyone wants to hear their opinion, no matter how mundane.

I for one disagree!

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

the holy poopacy posted:

I for one disagree!

Well you're wrong.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Slimy Hog posted:

Tell me more

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Splicer posted:

Tell me more

No

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Captain Hygiene posted:

You're not trying hard enough.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Slimy Hog posted:

https://youtu.be/t28ZB1t6gg8

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Tree Bucket posted:

That's the word! It's... itchy, somehow. Claustrophobic. Seven billion people are dead and the protagonist says "oh bummer" but everyone's eyes are wide and unblinking as of one screaming, endlessly.

Yeah, there's something kind of misanthropic about predictating your gee-whiz adventure fantasy on that without ever really addressing it. I don't really have any real view on Softies though, I've actually been able to skip it for the most part.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Captain Hygiene posted:

I find it mostly inoffensive but the main character not really being upset that the Earth blew up is a real hard pill to swallow. It looks like the author wanted to have a comfy comic and a backstory where nearly every human was dead and did not know how to square that circle, and it’s off putting.

The comic mostly reads like Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy, just without any bite or actually funny jokes

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Together at Last!

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Captain Hygiene posted:

I hate the art style

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
:mmmsmug:

edit: I feel the need to clarify that this isn't a response to the "I hate the artstyle" comment (I like the art, though I def prefer what it solidifies into moreso than what it starts out as)

Digamma-F-Wau has a new favorite as of 03:40 on Aug 24, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I hate the art style

You shouldn't hate something just because it's terrible and tasteless.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I read ahead on Softies a bit before getting bored, and while it's not great you're actually jumping to conclusions about Kay's reaction to Earth's destruction. She's acting like it doesn't bother her and fixating on no one knowing about it as a coping mechanism and eventually the cracks begin to show.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
I do hope it’s a slow burn towards a grand reveal, but you can only play ‘what the hell is Earth’ as a joke for so long.

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

Sorry mom, sorry dad, sorry college

We're taking President's Day off as well. Work on the new house and all.

See? All the waiting paid off. A toilet joke.

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Who What Now posted:

I don't even know how you guys can read it. It's just formless blobs of color to me.

Get you glasses checked? There’s definitely text in there.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I want to be clear that I don't hate just that comic. I can't stand anything vaguely CalArts-y, whether it's a moving drawing or not. It's not the fault of that comic that I'm an empty shell of a person who hates fun.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I want to be clear that I don't hate just that comic. I can't stand anything vaguely CalArts-y, whether it's a moving drawing or not. It's not the fault of that comic that I'm an empty shell of a person who hates fun.

It's not just the art style for me, but the utter lack of competence in (visual) composition.

e: I bet the script sucks too, but no way of finding out :shrug:

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Mafic Rhyolite
Nov 7, 2020

by Hand Knit
There is no way in a million years that I could get through that comic on my own power, but occasionally there's a good joke and it doesn't like really suck or anything so it works well in this thread where i'd never really read more than a few pages of it at once anyways.

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

hey Digamma-F-Wau big fan here mind if i hang in your bathroom and watch you poo poo

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

DOPE FIEND KILLA G posted:

hey Digamma-F-Wau big fan here mind if i hang in your bathroom and watch you poo poo

:eyepoop:

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's not just the art style for me, but the utter lack of competence in (visual) composition.

e: I bet the script sucks too, but no way of finding out :shrug:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Did someone say they hate lack of competence!?

gently caress.

Anyways, here is more of my garbage. If more people hate it then want it, I'll stop posting. timg'd to make it easier to scroll past.

Sadly, this is the last we'll see of the Barbarella-esque outfit, as I realize this is not how I want an actual strong female character to dress.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Boba Pearl posted:

Did someone say they hate lack of competence!?

gently caress.

Anyways, here is more of my garbage. If more people hate it then want it, I'll stop posting.

Stay,
No one belongs here more than you.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
:siren:It's Tuesday, and it's time to cast your vote!:siren:

https://strawpoll.com/u2ye1dp9k

You have roughly 24 hours to exile one webcomic from the thread. If a webcomic that you post gets exiled, don't worry, you can start posting any other webcomic regularly, or as one-offs. Please refrain from discussing in the thread what webcomic should be exiled, just vote.

If you think a regularly posted webcomic is not on the list, let me know, and I'll add it.

Paladinus has a new favorite as of 14:24 on Aug 24, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Paladinus posted:

https://strawpoll.com/1swrdwrfx

You have roughly 24 hours to exile one webcomic from the thread. If a webcomic that you post gets exiled, don't worry, you can start posting any other webcomic regularly, or as one-offs. Please refrain from discussing in the thread what webcomic should be exiled, just vote.

If you think a regularly posted webcomic is not on the list, let me know, and I'll add it.

It's missing the "I don't really care I'm not a coward who doesn't dare use the ignore function" option, the only sane, adult option.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

It's amazing how many of these I didn't even know by name. I'm amazed the artists don't tag them with the name of the comic itself.

Edit: Removed this bit from my post because it talked about what I voted for.

Mierenneuker has a new favorite as of 12:36 on Aug 24, 2021

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Paladinus posted:

nobody click this spoiler or you'll get banned ur banned

Splicer has a new favorite as of 12:34 on Aug 24, 2021

Theris
Oct 9, 2007

3D Megadoodoo posted:

It's missing the "I don't really care I'm not a coward who doesn't dare use the ignore function" option, the only sane, adult option.

I'd vote for this, or an option to ban posts suggesting that people stop posting comics here, in the thread for posting comics.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Theris posted:

I'd vote for this, or an option to ban posts suggesting that people stop posting comics here, in the thread for posting comics.

Reminded me of when some goon tried to tell someone off for posting a selfie in the selfie thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

Suck my dick you fuckman