Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: ZShakespeare)

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

If I'm vaccinated in AB, how do I get a vaccine passport for BC?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noblesse Obliged
Apr 7, 2012

Fart Amplifier posted:

Buy a condo

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

Fart Amplifier posted:

you can't.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

Am I going to be able to show my two pieces of paper to be allowed access to things?

Trapick
Apr 17, 2006

eXXon posted:

Can someone explain exactly what a religious objection to an mRNA vaccine is exactly? There's nothing even close to living or formerly living in Pfizer/Moderna, as far as I understand. Which holy book has anything to say about mRNA?

The only even remotely plausible answer I've seen is that the vaccines might have been developed with cell lines derived from aborted fetuses, in which case well good loving luck objecting to everything in modern society that was derived from questionable ethics.
If you're expecting religious objections to be logical you're going to be dissapointed.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Fart Amplifier posted:

Sorry but you're not welcome here

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

Fart Amplifier posted:

Seems to be unnecessarily hard to find this, even Google sucked, but you do this here: https://immunizationrecord.gov.bc.ca/

It looks like it requires Health Gateway, too, which requires Services Card which requires MSP which means you need to have lived in BC for 3 months? Not an expert.

Normy
Jul 1, 2004

Do I Krushchev?

If there were a medical exemption for the BC vax passports I'd assume it would be confirmed by the government and shown on the passport rather than somebody just going "I got a medical exemption" at the point of entry.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

Non-residents of BC, gently caress off!

Anti-vaxxers, get hosed

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

kaom posted:

Health Gateway

Which doesn’t work on many iPhones, including my own. It loads on my iPad but I’m not going to want to take that with me to a concert.

If it comes out on that I’m going to be so mad.

half cocaine
Jul 22, 2019

ChickenDoodle posted:

Which doesn’t work on many iPhones, including my own. It loads on my iPad but I’m not going to want to take that with me to a concert.

Oh no some guy is mad he has to get a hard copy of his vaccine passport.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Trapick posted:

If you're expecting religious objections to be logical you're going to be dissapointed.

I mean, kosher and halal requirements are more or less logical beyond the initial premises of avoiding pork/shellfish, which aren't particularly irrational either.

The US apparently does have a mechanism for questioning the sincerity of religious beliefs for this purpose:

quote:

Questioning An Employee’s Sincerely Held Religious Belief

You should normally assume that an employee’s request for religious accommodation is based on a sincerely held religious belief. However, if you have an objective basis for questioning either the religious nature or the sincerity of a particular belief, practice, or observance, you can request additional supporting information from the employee. This is a sensitive area of the law and employers should not haphazardly question an employee or unilateral contact an employee’s place of worship. We suggest coordinating with legal counsel before taking any steps in this regard. If you have an objective basis for questioning an employee’s beliefs, the employee may substantiate their belief in a variety of forms, including written materials and the employee’s own personal explanation.

Otherwise, you'd figure every freeman on the land and their mother would be citing religious exemptions from taxation, property law, etc. etc. (not that they don't try).

kaom
Jan 20, 2007

ChickenDoodle posted:

I don’t think it’s going to.

BC seems to really have trouble getting info out to the general public, the announcement today caused a lot of swirl at my workplace but eventually we found this: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/proof

So it looks like it will be an entirely standalone website, which isn’t live yet, where you download your “vaccine card.”

But for people who were vaccinated out-of-province, you’re still going to need to use that other site I linked to provide your proof of vaccination as far as I know. I might be straight up wrong about requiring Health Gateway at all, since that just pulls from like 3 other data sources in the province to get all your health info into a single portal. Maybe you just need to enter your out-of-province info at the immunization record site, then you’ll be able to get your card at the new site coming Sept 13th in addition to Health Gateway?

Guess it’s easier to build 30 websites where you only worry about accessibility on 2-3 of them instead of just making one that gets it right…

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret
https://twitter.com/MBellefontaine/status/1429951053617942529?s=20

https://twitter.com/MBellefontaine/status/1429951899185336327?s=20

Cool and good.

ChickenDoodle
Oct 22, 2020

^^^ Have you checked Peggy’s Cove? That seems to be popular with missing government officials.

kaom posted:

I don’t think it’s going to.

BC seems to really have trouble getting info out to the general public, the announcement today caused a lot of swirl at my workplace but eventually we found this: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/proof

So it looks like it will be an entirely standalone website, which isn’t live yet, where you download your “vaccine card.”

Guess it’s easier to build 30 websites where you only worry about accessibility on 2-3 of them instead of just making one that gets it right…

The vaccination booking portal site was alright, I had no issues with that site, so if it’s like that I guess it should be OK. But yes, the amount of websites is just stupid. You have the Health Gateway which is supposedly a one-stop portal to access everything, but it works like rear end, if it works at all. So excuse me if I’m skeptical about how this is going to roll out.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
My sister in law has some heart/blood issues and was told by her doctor not to get to the vaccine because they won't know how it will react with her condition. That being said her family is fully vaccinated and she is not a crazy anti vaxxer. She is also more into nature hikes and whatnot and I don't think she has seen a concert in her life.
gently caress the anti vaxxers. Glad they are facing a consequence.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/rachelbendayan/status/1429814372336029697?s=21

This entire Twitter thread just shows how stupid and broken this dumb country is

Starsfan
Sep 29, 2007

This is what happens when you disrespect Cam Neely
Well as much as I can understand barring entry to large private gatherings on the basis of not being vaccinated - even if it adversely and unfairly hurts those who are unable to be vaccinated , so too can I understand other provinces or countries not wanting people from Alberta visiting until our government gets their poo poo together. Yeah we might be waiting a couple years on that to get a chance to replace the fuckers.

If they don't provide responsible Albertans with a method of proving their vaccination status I can't see them surviving the next election, that is just insane.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

If there is any premier that can gently caress up vaccination cards its Kenney. I can see him sourcing it out to one of his donators/buddies and it end up being riddled with malware and data breaches.

e: vvv Oh god you just made me think of the worst possible way he could do it. Hand it off to some subscription based company that would require people to have a subscription to access it.

Furnaceface fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Aug 24, 2021

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
Print vaccination records on covid-scrapped roll up the rim cups.

Checkmate environistas!

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

War gives the right to the conquerors to impose any condition they please upon the vanquished.
So when will people realize that the only enforcement the vaccine mandate will get is the police showing up 5 hours later and taking a report about someone named "Karen" making a scene?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ZShakespeare posted:

So when will people realize that the only enforcement the vaccine mandate will get is the police showing up 5 hours later and taking a report about someone named "Karen" making a scene?

It's gonna be one of those things like how nobody realizes that money is actually worthless and imaginary and only has power because everyone agrees it does.

Fart Amplifier
Apr 12, 2003

nine-gear crow posted:

It's gonna be one of those things like how nobody realizes that money is actually worthless and imaginary and only has power because everyone agrees it does.

I don't know if I've ever met anyone who doesn't realize that money only has value because everyone agrees it does.

Also, that doesn't mean that money is "worthless and imaginary". People agreeing that something is worth a value is the opposite of "worthless"

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
Intrinsic value, bruh

This is a joke from too many years of reading bitcoin enthusiasts' misunderstandings of both

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

ChickenDoodle posted:

if you log into health gateway it has a card you can print that shows your vaccine info. Not certain that'll help if they demand the app, but I seriously doubt there'll be anything but lax enforcement going on

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

SoggyBobcat posted:

Princess Patricia's Canadian Electoral District

But we've already got Edmonton Griesbach. How about Edmonton-Cars-Cost-Less-In-Wetaskiwin?

ARACHTION
Mar 10, 2012

JawKnee posted:

if you log into health gateway it has a card you can print that shows your vaccine info. Not certain that'll help if they demand the app, but I seriously doubt there'll be anything but lax enforcement going on

As has been the case through the entire pandemic, basically zero enforcement has been the name of the game. I feel bad for the poor 17 year old hosts at White Spot who will be given the task of denying entry to the unvaccinated.

Not to mention that the cops have been treating anti maskers flagrantly violating rules with kid gloves the entire time.

But hey, I’m sure there is a few percentage points of people who will be motivated now to book their appointments and be done with it.

enki42
Jun 11, 2001
#ATMLIVESMATTER

Put this Nazi-lover on ignore immediately!

ZShakespeare posted:

Even without enforcement it's still going to have a positive effect. Look at mask mandates, there's zero real enforcement everywhere in Canada but when there's a mandate in place people are way likelier to wear masks. Vaccine mandates probably won't affect the hardcore, willing to make a scene type folks, but the hesitant people who aren't looking to pick a fight will likely either get the vaccine or avoid activities they can't go to.

Same reason I'm not all that concerned with how forgeable vaccine documentation is - there's a ton of unvaxxed people who would go out when there's no mandate, but aren't going to go far enough to forge official documentation.

Fidelitious
Apr 17, 2018

MY BIRTH CRY WILL BE THE SOUND OF EVERY WALLET ON THIS PLANET OPENING IN UNISON.
Bonnie Henry is an enigma to me. She delayed and delayed and delayed on mask mandates for as long as possible and then lifted it as quickly as she could. Sticks to 'recommendations' and 'encouragements' instead of mandates for everything.
But then follows that up with a very strict vaccine passport for non-essentials.

It doesn't make any sense.

Maybe she was attacked by an N95 mask as a child.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Just let her have her nervous giggle and deflect questions.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Fidelitious posted:

Bonnie Henry is an enigma to me. She delayed and delayed and delayed on mask mandates for as long as possible and then lifted it as quickly as she could. Sticks to 'recommendations' and 'encouragements' instead of mandates for everything.
But then follows that up with a very strict vaccine passport for non-essentials.

It doesn't make any sense.

Maybe she was attacked by an N95 mask as a child.

It makes more sense when you realize there won't actually be any teeth behind the thing. You'll get maybe 20% enforcement.

She sucks, and school is going to be a disaster this year.

Starks
Sep 24, 2006

enki42 posted:

Even without enforcement it's still going to have a positive effect. Look at mask mandates, there's zero real enforcement everywhere in Canada but when there's a mandate in place people are way likelier to wear masks. Vaccine mandates probably won't affect the hardcore, willing to make a scene type folks, but the hesitant people who aren't looking to pick a fight will likely either get the vaccine or avoid activities they can't go to.

Same reason I'm not all that concerned with how forgeable vaccine documentation is - there's a ton of unvaxxed people who would go out when there's no mandate, but aren't going to go far enough to forge official documentation.

Yeah the difference between Toronto and Vancouver mask rates is huge, even if there is no real enforcement. Stop being doomers

linoleum floors
Mar 25, 2012

Please. Let me tell you all about how you're all idiots. I am of superior intellect here. Go suck some dicks. You have all fucking stupid opinions. This is my fucking opinion.
Everything is awful

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Manitoba PC Leader Race Rules:

$25,000 Entry
Deadline to submit entry by Sept 15th(5 days before the federal election)
1000 PC members signed on by Sept 30th

So they are coronating Heather Stefanson

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

linoleum floors posted:

Everything is awful

Something is, certainly.

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

DariusLikewise posted:

So they are coronating Heather Stefanson

To the surprise of nobody.

I thought they might put in Goertzen to take the fall before Stefanson took over but he would have been the face for Bill 64 which would tar the PCs even further with the ugly and record-setting public hearings. Now Stefanson can have the bill withdrawn and distinguish herself as more reasonable than Pallister to all the people who either don't know or forget that she was the one to second Bill 64 and importantly they can avoid the hearings. Then if she wins the next election she can put in a new education bill so the PCs can raze that sector the same way they did health.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

TheCenturion posted:

Something is, certainly.

Find out what at something is awful dot com.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/DanBoeckner/status/1430195758981074945?s=19

Jason you might want to double check before using their nationalist slogan

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

https://twitter.com/CPC_HQ/status/1430199354292326415?s=20

Conservatives are deploying the Liberal strategy of campaign left apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

DariusLikewise posted:

https://twitter.com/CPC_HQ/status/1430199354292326415?s=20

Conservatives are deploying the Liberal strategy of campaign left apparently

This kind of poo poo tracks well with people like my parents who are otherwise apolitical or left leaning in general. Their sole interest in their old age is making sure the pension checks arrive on time and in full. If they weren't seriously convinced the conservatives are untrustworthy crypto-fascists they might even vote for them because of stuff like this. Considering there's a number of companies on the verge of total dissolution (Read: Bombardier), there's very real anxiety about topics like this which a campaign promise of this style would address. The only problem is, my parents don't read twitter so they'd never know about it.

Kraftwerk fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Aug 24, 2021