Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mystes
May 31, 2006

indigi posted:

Does anyone know where I can see the leaked Spidering Man trailer
Is this whole thing a ploy to create hype?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it's working pretty well one way or the other

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
idk I just saw a thing that said it was leaked and know that poo poo gets taken off YouTube quick, which is why I asked rather than googling it

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

oh I guess the regular trailer is out

https://twitter.com/SpiderManMovie/status/1429981786386403330?s=20

seems fun

e: not thrilled that Wong seems to not be in it much

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I learned the other day that the cursed Spider-Man musical had originally contracted Imagine Dragons to write the songs, and although the musical went with different songwriters in the end, Imagine Dragons changed the song lyrics a little bit and released them as an album. "Radioactive" is literally about Peter Parker transforming after getting bitten by the radioactive spider.

Wtf

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Doom Mathematic posted:

The real question is what the music in the show is going to be like. The visuals are honestly secondary.

yoko kanno is back doing the music for this version as well

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

duz posted:

there is hope. i wonder who she'll find in place of the old crew or if they're all coming back for this

Pythagoras a trois
Feb 19, 2004

I have a lot of points to make and I will make them later.

This is fine *sniff* just another joyless cash grab it doesn't *sob* doesn't *sniff* you know it surprises me it took this long to happen

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
When does Netflix typically release trailers in relation to release date? Because they have teased a ton of Cowboy Bebop stuff, whether it be stills or the actors groovin to the theme song, but seems strange that there has been no footage.

anyway it’s an excuse to watch the series again, found my blu-rays after thinking i’d lost them for years.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

there are a lot of aspects of transmetropolitan that didn't age well. my favorite is that it depicts a future where journalists are respected and well-paid. but it was going out of its way to be transgressive, and a lot of the time it succeeded, which makes it a lot more interesting that most of the slop we get, and also something that should never be adapted or remade

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

yeah i kinda figured that was the case

Kernel Sanders
Sep 15, 2020
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioKyxGkBRro

circling back to lynch-chat

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

wtf I can't think of any context that would make that sane

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/father/status/1429876135853240328

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Truman Peyote posted:

there are a lot of aspects of transmetropolitan that didn't age well. my favorite is that it depicts a future where journalists are respected and well-paid.
spider jerusalem injects another 200cc of cyberadderall into his nutsack as he fires up his laptop to take down the corrupt system

"14 heckin puppers who just aren't into thursdays brought to you by thrivecta antifungal"

qirex fucked around with this message at 16:25 on Aug 24, 2021

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

qirex posted:

spider jerusalem injects another 200cc of cyberadderall into his nutsack as he fires up his laptop to take down the corrupt system

"14 heckin puppers who just aren't into thursdays brought to you by thrivecta antifungal"

Was this an example of accurate or not accurate? it's hard to tell.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

spider Jerusalem would 100% be into ivermectin

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

indigi posted:

oh I guess the regular trailer is out

https://twitter.com/SpiderManMovie/status/1429981786386403330?s=20

seems fun

e: not thrilled that Wong seems to not be in it much

the other marvel poo poo looks like total trash but this looks pretty good

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I'm not super keyed up on spider hyphen man in general, but there seems to be a strong dr strange presence and he's one of my favorites so i'll totally allow this

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

the mcu adjacent Spider-Man movies have been solid

Michael Keaton as the vulture in homecoming was quite good

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i like the spiderman in general and tom hollandaise is really good in the role. i also like dr strange and multiverse poo poo so this sounds fun. anything thats more interesting than just punchmans

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

what are the odds it ends in another blue sky-laser save the world climax?

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

The Fool posted:

the mcu adjacent Spider-Man movies have been solid

Michael Keaton as the vulture in homecoming was quite good

spiderman is 2/2 on quality antagonists played by good actors

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Shaggar posted:

i like the spiderman in general and tom hollandaise is really good in the role. i also like dr strange and multiverse poo poo so this sounds fun. anything thats more interesting than just punchmans

shaggar was right.

things i do not like:

- i know the entire plot of the movie now from a two minute long trailer
- the stupid 3 second trailer for the trailer that is at the beginning of every trailer these days. what the gently caress is that

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

its for tiktok

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
lol alfred molina again

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's to convince people not to click the youtube skip ad button which unlocks at 5 seconds

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

imo one of the secret sauces of mcu stuff was doing away with the whole secret identity thing but I guess they're going to keep doing it with spiderman

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

infernal machines posted:

what are the odds it ends in another blue sky-laser save the world climax?

homecoming ends with spiderman fighting batman on a plane that crashes into a beach
far from home ends with it turning out that mysterio is a scam artist with holo projector drones who frames spiderman for his murder

no blue lasers so far

Sagebrush posted:

shaggar was right.

things i do not like:

- i know the entire plot of the movie now from a two minute long trailer
- the stupid 3 second trailer for the trailer that is at the beginning of every trailer these days. what the gently caress is that

whoever is responsible for the trailer for the trailer should be beheaded and the footage of the beheading should be the trailer for every trailer to make sure nobody ever thinks to do it again.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

qirex posted:

imo one of the secret sauces of mcu stuff was doing away with the whole secret identity thing but I guess they're going to keep doing it with spiderman

there's only so many stories they can tell, you see

mystes
May 31, 2006

infernal machines posted:

there's only so many stories they can tell, you see
Still more than Star Wars, apparently

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
the refreshing thing about tony stark to me is that he was basically "gently caress yeah i'm iron man" straight out of the gate

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

haveblue posted:

it's to convince people not to click the youtube skip ad button which unlocks at 5 seconds

this one isnt on youtube, but even if it was they do it to inflate their metrics because they use the normal trailer video as the ad. youtube should prevent that because its fraudulently gaming the system.

mystes
May 31, 2006

I was confused about why they were releasing another Spider Man movie with the same person when they were already working on another reboot but then I realized I was thinking of Batman.

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?
New spider man looks cool. I was big on the first two raimi movies when I was a teen so I'm pretty hype to see them coming in via multiverse.

Doom Mathematic
Sep 2, 2008

mystes posted:

Is this whole thing a ploy to create hype?

The theory I saw was that the leak was intended to cover for a development in the Scarlett Johansson/Disney lawsuit.

duz posted:

OK then. Cautiously optimistic.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Shaggar posted:

youtube should prevent that because its fraudulently gaming the system.
yeah I'm sure they'll get right on that

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

Shaggar posted:

this one isnt on youtube, but even if it was they do it to inflate their metrics because they use the normal trailer video as the ad. youtube should prevent that because its fraudulently gaming the system.

someone be sure to mention this to facebook as well

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
"These engagement numbers are unusually high, we must crack down on people gaming the system. Advertising metrics are a sacred trust."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

https://twitter.com/ftrain/status/1430146880978227202

but still looking forward to the new spider-man, regardless