Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Firstly, I read that as the WBBC having a concert.
Secondly... are the WBBC people social distancing ? Or does god just hate people standing less than 1.5m apart ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Lady Disdain posted:

Firstly, I read that as the WBBC having a concert.
Secondly... are the WBBC people social distancing ? Or does god just hate people standing less than 1.5m apart ?

I don't think saying "no homo" is sufficient for them.

Really though, they each carry multiple signs so they look like a bigger crowd. I would assume they also spread out for the same reason.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
Oh, yeah, that makes sense. Thanks.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/ibRFiHK.mp4

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qxrkjiVpxa1z8p5jx.mp4

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk&t=227s

*may be bullshit. Still fun to see a dork do weird trick shots though!

Robobot has a new favorite as of 15:26 on Aug 21, 2021

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

This guy is pretty disliked among archers. Along with his “historic” knowledge being questionable at best, he’s likely using very low-weight bows a lot of the time to get speed.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

This guy is pretty disliked among archers. Along with his “historic” knowledge being questionable at best, he’s likely using very low-weight bows a lot of the time to get speed.

I know some historic reenactors, including guys into archery. They don't like this guy because their idea of a good time is to stand in a line and mass-volley arrows at distant targets for 15 minutes, then order pizzas and beers. And I don't think he's ever insisted that what he's doing is historical, just that some of the stuff he does, like holding extra arrows in your front hand, is supported by a frieze or something.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
There's also this guy for shooting tiny moving things

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q8Yp9SjCU5E&t=65s

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

chitoryu12 posted:

Of course his bow is light. It still has enough power to penetrate at short distance and is very fast. People also like to count buttons on military uniforms.

Regardless, it's pretty cool to watch.

thepopmonster
Feb 18, 2014

That's pretty amazing, doing all that while wearing a face mask.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
How'd he get going so fast to start?

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Robobot posted:

That's got me stumped too.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

That's got me stumped too.

:lmao:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Robobot posted:

I would assume he either starts out at the top of a slope or has someone give him a push to get the momentum going.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
You can see him ticktacking. Do that enough, and you will build up speed. Whether there's enough flat open area in that park for him to build up enough speed ticktacking is another question.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

mostlygray posted:

Of course his bow is light. It still has enough power to penetrate at short distance and is very fast. People also like to count buttons on military uniforms.

Regardless, it's pretty cool to watch.

He's penetrating light, thin foam.

quote:

People were pretty okay with him back when he was just a skilled trick shooter, but:

He started making some wildly inaccurate claims regarding the history of archery, presenting himself as an almost mythical figure who discovered the lost art of ancient archery, which is so much better than any modern types of archery. In reality, there was never just one art of archery. It's a weapon/tool that was developed all over the world and used for different purposes in different times and different places. The art was also never actually lost. All sorts of sources have been preserved. Many written ones are available in English. Not to mention there are still living sources for many traditional styles as well.

The claims about his own style and bows are untrue as well. It's not combat archery. What he does was never used for war. He uses fairly light bows, which he often only draw partly and shoots short distances. What he does are trickshots. The only thing true about his style is that trickshots have been a sport/pasttime for about as long as archery has been around.

Massive volumes of bullshit aside, what really ruined him for many archers is his complete disregard for safety. He shot arrows at people. Yes, not with the intention of injuring/killing them, but even a blunt broadhead (which is what he often uses) can do a lot of damage. As good as he may be, nobody is perfect. Accidents happen. And even if you eliminate human error, equipment can still fail. This jack-rear end willingly risks the health of other people to get views and likes on Youtube. It would have been fine if he had risked expensive objects like the newest iPhones or if he had used foam-tipped arrows, but this dipshit shot actual arrows at actual people with an actual bow.

Poldarn
Feb 18, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

He's penetrating light, thin foam.

Explaining why this guy isn't badass appears to be more important to you than explaining why this guy is badass is to anyone else, so you can have this one.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

The archery defender has logged on

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

I appreciated this post. :shobon:

Atticus_1354
Dec 10, 2006

barkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbarkbark

That archer talking about how he's rediscovered a lost art always makes me think of our modern day warriors who could teach the troops a thing or two.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Platystemon posted:

I appreciated this post. :shobon:

And that’s why Lars won’t shoot you in the face.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Poldarn posted:

Explaining why this guy isn't badass appears to be more important to you than explaining why this guy is badass is to anyone else, so you can have this one.

Don't worry, I still like your trickshots.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

https://twitter.com/LukasNovo89/status/1430802947139530758?s=20

It's basically a freestanding spire of a church.

I also didn't realise the size of it until I noticed the man standing under the sign.

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
I like that they still put a cross on it.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Robobot posted:

I like that they still put a cross on it.

They wanted to keep out the hell bats.

El Spamo
Aug 21, 2003

Fuss and misery
Wait, are you saying there some sort of bat out of hell?

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

El Spamo posted:

No, but something like it.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

There's a big bat house like that near me. It's a great place to go to at sunset if you want thousands of bats to poop on you.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

There's a big cathouse like that near me. It's a great place to go to at sunset if you want thousands of old bats to poop on you.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

El Spamo posted:

It’s ok. They are gone before the morning comes.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Snowy posted:

There's a big cathouse like that near me. It's a great place to go to at sunset if you want thousands of old bats to poop on you.

Different than the cathouses near me I guess

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Snowy posted:

Sounds like that cathouse will indulge any fetish.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Engine hot.

From wikipedia: "Shock diamonds are the bright areas seen in the exhaust of this statically mounted Pratt & Whitney J58 engine on full afterburner, burning off the last of the SR-71 fuel before the program ended."

J58 engine writeup: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pratt_%26_Whitney_J58

Pigsfeet on Rye has a new favorite as of 20:41 on Aug 29, 2021

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all
I saw shock diamonds out of 4 GE-102's with my own eyes for the first time at the age of 22 and I had an honest-to-god religious experience, and I was wearing double hearing protection at the time. I was nearly a thousand meters away, and you could feel the reverberations through your chest. I almost fainted. It was an experience.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

spookygonk posted:

https://twitter.com/LukasNovo89/status/1430802947139530758?s=20

It's basically a freestanding spire of a church.

I also didn't realise the size of it until I noticed the man standing under the sign.

If that's the one I think it is it's gone now thanks to Irma i believe

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

That70sHeidi
Aug 16, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrianBoitano