Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Lmao

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Serf posted:

i started doing all this poo poo and fasting and i've lost 70 pounds since january. my only real motivation is i don't want covid to kill me lol

:radcat:

I found out the reason I can't lose weight is because my thyroid is like 50% as it should be. Havent been losing weight but I hope covid is afraid of the amount of muscle I've put on under my fat during covid 😎

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Why is this slapped on the barrel containing the tarman?

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

FizFashizzle posted:

coworkers kid's teacher just got covid

they were in school three days

lol

lmao

Vaccination status?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Business Gorillas posted:

:radcat:

I found out the reason I can't lose weight is because my thyroid is like 50% as it should be. Havent been losing weight but I hope covid is afraid of the amount of muscle I've put on under my fat during covid 😎

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Made this post a while back in the dead of last night, but seems to have gotten a bit lost in the early morning post-a-thon.

So gonna Max my Titers and get my booster next week just two questions;
1. Where have goons been going besides CVS? Anything I should know?
2. I’ve never had to worry about this before but Doctor-Patient Privilege is a real thing and applies here right? I don’t like lying to doctors so I probably will let mine know I got a third jab if it ever comes up.

In addition to the mask information from the old OP, which was loving fantastic, maybe we should have a guide to maxing your titers in the OP too?

policies for boosters are still very new and getting worked out and are inconsistently followed, you may have to try a few places to find a pharmacist willing to give you a booster

at my outfit we've done a few boosters... our first one was for a 17 year old with a double lung and heart transplant, the patient has to sign an attestation stating they're immunocompromised and the pharmacists ask about relevant conditions and therapies

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Made this post a while back in the dead of last night, but seems to have gotten a bit lost in the early morning post-a-thon.

So gonna Max my Titers and get my booster next week just two questions;
1. Where have goons been going besides CVS? Anything I should know?
2. I’ve never had to worry about this before but Doctor-Patient Privilege is a real thing and applies here right? I don’t like lying to doctors so I probably will let mine know I got a third jab if it ever comes up.

In addition to the mask information from the old OP, which was loving fantastic, maybe we should have a guide to maxing your titers in the OP too?

I did Walgreens. doctor-patient privilege doesn't apply because pharmacists aren't doctors. that's also why you should feel bad lying to them - as for your doctor? I mean I don't plan on mentioning it unless it becomes very relevant. I'm a bad liar too so if they ask about my back, I'll just show my card with 2x or something

pick a lie, and commit. you left your ID at home, you don't have insurance and are still trying to get paperwork together for your state's medicaid, etc

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

that's the ivermectin killing the codependent brainworms

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Dewormer meds make you poo poo like crazy, like for two or three days straight. Or at least mebendazole does when given to a human, I'm guessing ivermectin is similar?

The free medicine you have to give away to help people living with parasites in Africa that they all hate because they know it's diarrhea city is now the secret cool dude american covid cure. This world is so loving stupid.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

ugh.

on the one hand this is how most vaccines work, the spread out dosing schedule in childhood causes your body to say "oh gently caress I keep running into this, better always have a lot of antibodies circulating" when you get a shot several months after the first.

on the other hand Fauci is saying it...

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

FizFashizzle posted:

this is a bougie elementary school. full vaccine and mask mandates for all staff, faculty, and students

God drat that's fast spread, I'm holding out hope the high vax+mask schools can stay in session but we don't start til tomorrow

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
He's probably been masturbating

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Give him a big beard and long hair and yeah that's me

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
2020 was watching america go insane in slow motion

2021 is going much faster, and it's speeding up

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Christ those Facebook posts are grim

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/1430144293033943041?s=20

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
This is becoming a pattern

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

Well poo poo, I was hoping this could be the case but if Fauci is saying it it's definitely wrong :(

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

HiHo ChiRho posted:

Just replace phenazepam with ivermectin and post this to the group:

E: or this one

That thread was amazing

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
i missed the horse dewormer origin story and i'm sure it is very funny, so why did the chuds latch onto this of all things as a covid cure?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Joementum posted:

i missed the horse dewormer origin story and i'm sure it is very funny, so why did the chuds latch onto this of all things as a covid cure?

iirc it's somewhat organic. some chud took it and interpreted making GBS threads out their intestinal lining as "removing the toxins" and it spread from there

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Joementum posted:

Facebook memes and YouTube car screamers said it was a miracle.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

lol all these dumb as poo poo people taking veterinary medicines because they have no science knowledge also have no math knowledge so they're overdosing themselves until their nervous systems and livers give up

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
[COVID-19] Headaches and horse paste

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

i come with great news! we're now hiring in NJ & PA!!!

Are YOU a C-SPAMMER who has had their job hosed by COVID or is being forced to go back to a plague pit so your boss can see your smile?
Do YOU or someone you know have a knot in their stomach because they have to roll the dice with death every day for a pitiful paycheck?
Do YOU have a stable internet connection for 40 hours a week and are able to read words, talk without throwing up, and not be a total shithead on the phone?
Do YOU live in Ohio, Delaware, Utah Arizona, Illinois, NEW JERSEY, PITTSBURGH, OR THE PITTSBURGH AREA KNOWN AS PENNSYLVANIA?

GOOD NEWS! WE'RE HIRING!

Hi! My name is Business Gorillas and I want to do BUSINESS with YOU!!! My company is currently hiring for phone jockeys in a couple different departments. These are entry-level customer service positions with the following benefits:

- :siren: COMPLETELY WORK FROM HOME, WE'LL EVEN MAIL YOU A COMPUTER :siren:
- $16.00/hour starting and guaranteed full time
- A signing bonus of up to $2,000 if you stay for one year.
- Full benefits including health insurance, dental, vision, ~20 days of PTO, no-excuse sick time, and education assistance totaling a maximum of $10,000 a year.

I'm not going to lie, the jobs I have are dull and unrewarding, but I bet your current job is too! Tell those petty tyrants you debase yourself for tips to or that retail manager who keeps hitting on the 17 year olds to work with to :supaburn:GO TO HELL:supaburn: and join a company that won't ask you to risk your lungs for your pay. Hell, as long as you're not awful, there's plenty of room for promotions as soon as there's spots available!

:smith: "All I have on my resume is that I was a worker at the Dick Sucking Factory for 3 years and a Grease Trap at McDonald's..." :smith:
I DON'T CARE. I'm not here to make commissions or get money for what I'm doing, I'm here to keep you alive. NOBODY SHOULD HAVE TO RISK THEIR LIFE FOR A PAYCHECK, AND THAT INCLUDES YOU. Send me a DM and we'll work on your resume! I'm a bullshit artist by trade, so let me help YOU get a job where you can dodge Delta.

:smith: "I'm not in one of those states you talked about..." :smith:
SEND ME A DM ANYWAYS! If I can't find you a job, I'm working with other goons that also have positions at their own companies. If they're a good fit, I'll connect you two!

:smith: "I want a WFH job, but I have skills and $16.00 doesn't work for me..." :smith:
STILL TALK TO ME! The goons I'm working with have other jobs available. Hell, if I think you're overqualified for my jobs, I'll connect you to them anyways! I want you to make as much money for as little work as possible!

WE LOSE ENOUGH OF OUR LIVES TO OUR WORK, GOON. THERE'S NO REASON TO LOSE YOUR LIFE BECAUSE OF IT.

Inquire Within or send me an email at wfhjobsforgoons at gmail dot com

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Joementum posted:

One weird trick the deep state doesn't want you to know!

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
is blindness a concern? because that’s one hell of an own goal

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Joementum posted:

there were a couple of trials very early on in the pandemic that kinda sorta showed that ivermectin MIGHT improve your odds at recovering from covid if you squinted at the results a little

people then started gassing themselves up on this, including boosting the idea that because follow-up studies were being done, that obviously this means there's something to it

there was at least one study that tried to assert conclusively that this was the case, but it was soon found out that they were working with bogus data

any study that actually tried to prod into ivermectin any further found that it didn't work (obviously)

at least here in the Philippines, it was promoted by people who had monetary interests in selling ivermectin. I have no doubt that it's the case in the US, though I haven't looked into it far enough to provide a name

as well, (civil) libertarians and anti-establishmentarians have taken up the cause of ivermectin for reasons of "free speech", which is why you had Matt Taibbi and Glenn Greenwald and most recently Jimmy Dore bringing it up - they want to Stick It To The Man maybe not so much because they believe in ivermectin but because the government and the liberal mainstream media is saying that you shouldn't

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

This is becoming a pattern

FB will shut down any group with Palestinian in its name in no time flat but is allowing a group called The People's Medicine: Ivermectin

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Joementum posted:

very early in the pandemic when scientists were trying everything someone put a duck load of ivermectin in a Petri dish with Covid and human cells and noticed that the Covid didn't reproduce.

they published a paper on it. the paper noted that the concentrations of ivermectin required would be lethal.

cranks (both online and at Fox News) latched onto it as a way to say that Covid isn't a big deal. desperate people have glommed onto it in hope of it allowing them to do something to fight Covid without having to completely rewrite their identities by taking the vaccine.

seriously, not getting vaccinated is approaching being anti-abortion as a core tenant of conservative nutjobism.

Shifty Pony fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Aug 24, 2021

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Ahaha reminds me of this:

Rhesus Pieces posted:

https://twitter.com/nbcconnecticut/status/1413320798803271688?s=21

wait

if you’re not fully vaccinated what exactly are you “boosting” with a booster?

That's when it became crystal clear we definitely needed boosters. Note the date, early July.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Shifty Pony posted:

very early in the pandemic when scientists were trying everything someone put a duck load of ivermectin in a Petri dish with Covid and human cells and noticed that the Covid didn't reproduce.

they published a paper on it. the paper noted that the concentrations of ivermectin required would be lethal.

oh ffs it's even stupider than i thought

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

gradenko_2000 posted:

at least here in the Philippines, it was promoted by people who had monetary interests in selling ivermectin. I have no doubt that it's the case in the US, though I haven't looked into it far enough to provide a name

A quick pass through medrxiv showed many of the recent studies that found positive results were paid for by companies hawking ivermectin

Also lmfao at Matt Taibbi going full chud and becoming an ivermectin truther

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

I hardly know em!

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

Shifty Pony posted:

seriously, not getting vaccinated is approaching being anti-abortion as a code tenant of conservative nutjobism.

Unsurprisingly this is starting to apply to every vaccine, not just the covid vax.

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

oh ffs it's even stupider than i thought

Occam's pool noodle: With all things being equal, the dumbest answer is usually the correct one.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

there's a whole bizarre movement of people who think they should have the right to try any kind of medication they want and that the FDA is oppressing them or some poo poo

they're even like just figuring out vaccines in their garage or whatever

This fucker was a CEO for some bullshit company and injected himself with a homebrew vaccine at a press conference and i dont mean to judge or anything but maybe don't tell the world you have herpes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPiOWgD8sLI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
"the FDA is trampling on your rights" is mostly just because corporations want to get rid of the FDA so that food production gets deregulated

you just also end up having to manufacture propaganda to gas up people into opposing the FDA on every single issue, including vaccines, because that's just good politics from a mobilization standpoint

and then you do the thing long enough and you end up with people who just oppose the FDA on principle and forgot the underlying reason