Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Trudeau

all the grifters hawking bullshit cures over the course of covid are just copying kevin trudeau's business model or lead poisoned boomer marks psychologically invested in continuing the grifts to avoid being wrong about something

trudeau was a master grifter, he convinced cancer patients to skip chemo and take powdered coral instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Loving my extremely responsible local news coverage

Apr 7, 2003

Joementum posted:

i missed the horse dewormer origin story and i'm sure it is very funny, so why did the chuds latch onto this of all things as a covid cure?

Because a company that stands to benefit from increased dewormer sales is pushing a study lol

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

gradenko_2000 posted:

"the FDA is trampling on your rights" is mostly just because corporations want to get rid of the FDA so that food production gets deregulated

this is very true, but you'd think they'd keep a lower profile after having it so good for over a year when inspections mostly weren't happening

Apr 7, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

"the FDA is trampling on your rights" is mostly just because corporations want to get rid of the FDA so that food production gets deregulated

don't
eat
meat

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Lol what does that unflavored paste taste like that people are squirting it into their mouths on walks like a vape

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Joementum posted:

this is very true, but you'd think they'd keep a lower profile after having it so good for over a year when inspections mostly weren't happening

Have you considered that the people we're dealing with are coke-addled MBA psychos?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

lol, just lmao if you don't live in a community with a kosher butcher

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

It really is truly astonishing that nearly every single aspect of the American experiment failed so drastically in responding to covid.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

skewetoo posted:

Lol what does that unflavored paste taste like that people are squirting it into their mouths on walks like a vape

Horses love it

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
they realized that the numbers will be low anyway since they closed all the weekend test sites

https://twitter.com/WVNYWFFF/status/1430149177930039297

Apr 7, 2003

Business Gorillas posted:

lol, just lmao if you don't live in a community with a kosher butcher

lol I was about to post that if you need to eat meat, find a kosher or halal butcher

thinking very hard about the FDA saying that inspectors at the feces-ridden portion of the line are no longer necessary and factories can self-police.

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

ivermectin is a boticide, so it will kill any of the pfizer nanobots you catch if a vaccinated person sneezes near you

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Serf posted:

i started doing all this poo poo and fasting and i've lost 70 pounds since january. my only real motivation is i don't want covid to kill me lol

Same except I gained 30lb, mostly from stress eating french fries.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."
I'm really glad I don't have to go to rural king and make explainey eyes at the checkout person, trying to tell them I have a real horse who's entirely full of worms.

Apr 7, 2003

Steve Yun posted:

also, lol that they didn’t test the vaccinated

Absolutely deliberate, the "vaccinated people are completely immune" fiction is necessary to keeping the economy going and the rank and file Good Morning America normies believe it 100%

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

It really is truly astonishing that nearly every single aspect of the American experiment failed so drastically in responding to covid.

:hmmyes: :theroni:

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

euphronius posted:

you aren’t getting off that easy !!!

aids wasn’t a loving contagious airborn virus that you could give to people by singing the national loving anthem you goul

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Because a company that stands to benefit from increased dewormer sales is pushing a study lol

oh so it's just like the vaccines cause autism origin story, what a weird coincidence!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

i mean we did crank out two revolutionary vaccines that are very effective in a very short period of time

shame about literally every single other thing

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Lmao at the CDC and FDA. Half of the country is trying to sneak their kids covid vaccines and boosters for themselves and the other half is overdosing on veterinary dewormer and fish tank cleaner.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

FizFashizzle posted:

i mean we did crank out two revolutionary vaccines that are very effective in a very short period of time

There was also a very brief period where there were less cars on the road!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1430160465619947525?s=20

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

thank the gods that the SARS work had been ongoing for years and plugged right in

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

AHHHHHHHHHHHH

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

i am harry posted:

aids wasn’t a loving contagious airborn virus that you could give to people by singing the national loving anthem you goul

There's a good joke in here about getting your boink on and hitting that high F

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
you say i have brainworms and yet i shouldn't take dewormer? checkmate, libs :smug:

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Yeah it's almost like selfish individualism can't solve a collective problem.

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

NUMBER

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003

cool headline considering the reason is because their parents didn't get their teens vaccinated

lil poopendorfer
Nov 13, 2014

by the sex ghost

euphronius posted:

why does Covid kill the fat?

-abdominal fat compresses lungs especially in supine position, reducing capacity & making the remaining capacity harder to ventilate.
-fat has metabolic demands of its own, so your heart n lungs gotta oxygenate your vital organs AND tons of extra tissue
-fat screws w your endocrine function, making the rest of your body function worse
-if you're bigly fat there's probably other comorbidities: diabetes, impaired kidney function, heart disease, poor physical fitness, etc

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

I'm still lolling that these people are eating horse dewormer and going blind but they won't take a shot that a billion people around the world already have.

Apr 7, 2003

lil poopendorfer posted:

-abdominal fat compresses lungs especially in supine position, reducing capacity & making the remaining capacity harder to ventilate.
-fat has metabolic demands of its own, so your heart n lungs gotta oxygenate your vital organs AND tons of extra tissue
-fat screws w your endocrine function, making the rest of your body function worse
-if you're bigly fat there's probably other comorbidities: diabetes, impaired kidney function, heart disease, poor physical fitness, etc

if you're fat enough the weight of your neck fat causes you to need a cpap to sleep without choking yourself lol

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
I drove across the country and back this summer camping over a couple months, barely any masks anywhere. Occasionally a worker would be wearing one but no one else until very recently. One thing I always wondered was do people think I'm an anti vaxxer for wearing one because of signs saying you have to wear one if you arent vaxxed? Never had anyone say anything which was surprising tbh

Glacier national park and Bay View campground in the UP were the top shelf spots. Highly rec

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Testvan posted:

cool headline considering the reason is because their parents didn't get their teens vaccinated

Most of the mental anguish from covid is a virus not giving a poo poo about people's privilege and those people freaking the gently caress out because their actions have consequences for the first time in their lives

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"
my mom is a retired teacher and substitute teaches from time to time to earn some extra money. she was adamant that she wasn't going to sub this year due to delta. cue her old co-teacher and her husband going to a wedding in chicago before school started and now the husband popped positive so the wife has to quarantine and needs a substitute for the first week of school.

I got my mom a secureclick respirator but she doesn't want to scare the kids lol

crack pinging here a bit

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
GREENVILLE COUNTY, S.C. —
Students and staff in the Greenville County School District who are exposed to COVID-19 are now spending 10 days in quarantine.

But a school board vote Tuesday night could shave three days off that period, according to district spokesman Tim Waller.

:psyduck:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

BeefThief posted:

I'm still lolling that these people are eating horse dewormer and going blind but they won't take a shot that a billion people around the world already have.

iT's uNtEsTeD :perjury:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

I drove across the country and back this summer camping over a couple months, barely any masks anywhere. Occasionally a worker would be wearing one but no one else until very recently. One thing I always wondered was do people think I'm an anti vaxxer for wearing one because of signs saying you have to wear one if you arent vaxxed? Never had anyone say anything which was surprising tbh

Glacier national park and Bay View campground in the UP were the top shelf spots. Highly rec

general consensus is that the people still wearing masks are the only people you can be sure are vaccinated