Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Sassy Witch
This poll is closed.
Magilou 33 28.45%
Oddium 9 7.76%
All of them 15 12.93%
All of them (except the problematic ones) 30 25.86%
metis, whose birthday is this month 12 10.34%
Metis cannot stop editing polls 17 14.66%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I used to work for the dhhs reporting the numbers and updating the website. I’m part of the Chairman Dan Illuminati that run this nation state

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

:wth: loving reported

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Hwurmp posted:

:wth: loving reported

i am ungovernable

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mercs 2 first impression: so this basically looks like if Just Cause and Crackdown had a child. That could be fun

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

i am ungovernable

Tranquilo assen na yo

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Just Crack

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
ALL THE loving DOLLHOUSE MERCH IS SOLD OUT EXCEPT FOR STICKERS

I AM RED WITH ANGER

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

once you get on the other side of 40 you just say "gently caress it"

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Rarity posted:

And with a quiet whiff I am done with the Viva Pinata game. Next up is Mercenaries 2. I know nothing about this game apart from there was an LP on SA that people liked so I have no idea what to expect here!

Mercenaries 1 whips rear end

2 is ok sorta not really i hated it

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEbE3fGfF-o

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
A game about a destablised government in Venezuela made by a company called Pandemic hits a bit too close to home

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Rarity posted:

Mercs 2 first impression: so this basically looks like if Just Cause and Crackdown had a child. That could be fun

Play the Original instead, it's so much better it's ridiculous

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Infinitum posted:

Back on topic I finished Recompile today and I'm going to post some thoughts on it in the PS5 thread.

I managed the True Ending, with only 1 manual entry missing (Which doesn't effect anything)

If you like old school metroidvanias, with all their back tracking warts, you'll enjoy Recompile.

I installed it the other day and made it to the hub. It’s quite cool! I wanna see more.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I created a twitter account just to make it easier to get screenshots off my PS5.

Behold the glory that is Avengers

https://i.imgur.com/PKCAZoy.mp4
This dude bugging out caused me to have to restarted the mission, because I couldn't kill him and progress to a checkpoint :suicide:

Then after I completed the game there was some weird bug with models not streaming in correctly? Everyone had a render distance style shimmer effect that lasted until I reloaded the game.
https://i.imgur.com/Y0jO4p0.mp4

To be fair it was An OK Experience and I got my discount sale price amount of fun out of it - Kamala Khan is a lot of fun.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

My twitter account has been deactivated for a few weeks and is going to be auto-deleted soon but now I'm wondering if I need to set up a new placeholder one just to get screenshots off of my Switch :v:

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Harrow posted:

My twitter account has been deactivated for a few weeks and is going to be auto-deleted soon but now I'm wondering if I need to set up a new placeholder one just to get screenshots off of my Switch :v:

It's dumb and annoying up they made it so you have to log in to basically do anything on twitter other than looking at the 1 tweet someone links you. I made a new account that I will never tweet on just so I can be logged in, it's stupid.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

You fell right into Dorsey's trap

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

It's dumb and annoying up they made it so you have to log in to basically do anything on twitter other than looking at the 1 tweet someone links you. I made a new account that I will never tweet on just so I can be logged in, it's stupid.

Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to have to do.

The internet sucks so bad now and it's getting worse every year.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yeah, they made twitter basically unusable without an account, especially on mobile where you can't abuse the open link/image in new window command to get around it. I guess now it's either make an account or do a bunch of browser extension hacking

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
I blocked twitter cookies in my browser, which got rid of the NEVER MISS ANYTHING popup window, and blocked the secondary NEVER MISS ANYTHING bar at the bottom with an adblocker, so now it's inoffensive again to view linked tweets and screenshots again

Baller Time
Apr 22, 2014

by Azathoth
What I'm saying is, the internet is a puzzle game

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

It takes like a minute to make a Twitter account, it's not like you have to use your real name lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Harrow posted:

Yeah, I think that's what I'm going to have to do.

The internet sucks so bad now and it's getting worse every year.

The amount of lovely privacy invasive/crappy security settings that are on by default are really terrible.
Spent 5min just unfucking things and the only reason the accounts exists is for screenshots.

I know like the lay person probably doesn't give a toss, but it's really lovely.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

To be fair it was An OK Experience and I got my discount sale price amount of fun out of it - Kamala Khan is a lot of fun.

This game keeps going on sale for like $20. Waiting for that to happen again. I've been wanting to finally get this, but I have heard to keep my expectations pretty low.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Did the first mission of Aliens: FireTeam Elite, it seems like an okay game so far! At only $40, i'm expecting an average experience, and so far it seems to be.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's next...locking our posts behind a paywall??

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I said come in! posted:

This game keeps going on sale for like $20. Waiting for that to happen again. I've been wanting to finally get this, but I have heard to keep my expectations pretty low.

I haven't played either of the Hawkeye or the new Wakanda DLCs. I might get around to it.
I'm a pretty big Ms Marvel fan, so the main story line is all I wanted to see, and there's a pretty good payoff at the end. I got my moneys worth.

If you ignore all the lovely GaaS nonsense it's not too hard to just focus on the story missions and be done with it.
It's not an amazing game, but if you're a Marvel fan it does have some cool moments. It's OK.

One thing that was really annoying is that the FINAL mission introduces a new character with all the tutorial nonsense that goes with it, rather than let you take Your Avenger Of Choice into battle.
In fact the final mission forces you to play as all the Avengers. It's not something I agree with, but I can see what they were going for.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Still can't get over how ridiculously pretty Miles Morales is.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I said come in! posted:

I got my copy for 12 bucks at Gamefly, used copies of the game have been at that price for months

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
In Metal Gear Ac!d whenever a new card pack becomes available the game plays one of these

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXMhntSHM0Q

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Infinitum posted:

Still can't get over how ridiculously pretty Miles Morales is.

holy poo poo

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
wow a smoggy city :rolleye:

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

He’s quite handsome

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Looper posted:

I think it's snow.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

n64 rear end render distance

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

verbal enema posted:

holy poo poo

Those are individual snow particles as well, it's really hard to express how insanely beautiful it looks in motion swinging through a snow storm.

Looper posted:

Yeah nah, there's accurate reflections on everything as well - including the suit.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
it's snow, open the image in a new tab so it isn't scaled down

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Miles is looking for his dead wife

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

All that Graphics and they still chose to make Peter look like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

It's more inline with his real world actor, so it'd be easier on future Spider-man/Miles Morales projects, but yeah I think the original PS4 Peter Parker model was real good.