Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Big Piece O Shit
Jan 30, 2006

Hit Legend again, this time with APM Warlock:

### APM
# Class: Warlock
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Mortal Coil
# 1x (1) The Demon Seed
# 2x (1) Touch of the Nathrezim
# 2x (2) Drain Soul
# 2x (2) Soul Shear
# 2x (2) Unstable Shadow Blast
# 2x (3) Backfire
# 2x (3) Darkglare
# 2x (3) Free Admission
# 2x (3) Runed Mithril Rod
# 2x (3) School Spirits
# 2x (4) Demonic Assault
# 2x (4) Nightshade Matron
# 2x (4) Stealer of Souls
# 1x (4) The Dark Portal
# 2x (6) Hand of Gul'dan
#
AAECAcn1AgK/uQOE+wMOtbkDtrkDy7kDrMsDzdIDld4Dk+QDiO8Diu8DvfEDgfsDg/sDsZ8E56AEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

I think this is Languagehacker’s list. Feels like it could be refined a little further, but I like this a lot more than the Zoo and Anti-Aggro versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

Just hit legend with Quest Shaman, that Warlock list was my final boss

Fortunately Fireheart smiled upon me and gave me burn spells to doublecast for lethal

### Quest Shaman
# Class: Shaman
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 1x (1) Command the Elements
# 2x (1) Guidance
# 2x (1) Investment Opportunity
# 2x (1) Lightning Bolt
# 2x (1) Novice Zapper
# 2x (1) Overdraft
# 2x (1) Perpetual Flame
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 2x (2) Diligent Notetaker
# 2x (3) Charged Call
# 2x (3) Feral Spirit
# 1x (3) Instructor Fireheart
# 2x (3) Primal Dungeoneer
# 2x (3) Serpentshrine Portal
# 2x (4) Canal Slogger
#
AAECAZu1AwKczgPC9gMO27gD4cwDzc4D8NQDiuQD6ucD+uwD4+4DwfYD5PYDhfoD8IUE+Z8E+p8EAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Big Piece O poo poo posted:

Hit Legend again, this time with APM Warlock:
What's APM stand for, and between this and 6D, why is Warlock the only class getting weird acronyms in its lists?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

CapnAndy posted:

What's APM stand for, and between this and 6D, why is Warlock the only class getting weird acronyms in its lists?

APM has turned up for Mage as well (and maybe other classes?) and is used in some other games too (notably RTS and MOBAs). The phrase means "actions per minute" and in a Hearthstone context means you have to do a lot of stuff as fast as the UI and your fingers allow.

It's not a great name but it's better than obscure poo poo like Exodia or D6.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

APM has turned up for Mage as well (and maybe other classes?) and is used in some other games too (notably RTS and MOBAs). The phrase means "actions per minute" and in a Hearthstone context means you have to do a lot of stuff as fast as the UI and your fingers allow.

It's not a great name but it's better than obscure poo poo like Exodia or D6.
Oh I actually knew that meaning, I just couldn't think of why it'd be applicable to a Hearthstone deck. Ok then!

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

As quest lock you are extremely at the mercy of the turn timer and hearthstones slow as gently caress animations particularly for stuff like backdraft/soul shards because you need to let the animations play out before you can continue your turn which can be literally game losing when you go off and can only do half the poo poo you wanted to which leaves you exposed

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

fanny packrat posted:

My bad, I didn't know they were different decks. The early days of new metas are heady indeed, and I am not up to the task of knowing them.

Any opinion on which has more long-term viability? I'm generally more of an aggro player (love those short games), do you think the questline deck dovetails with that style?

Questline DH is very much a combo deck, and Fel is very control. You can give them a shot, but no promises! The Fel deck will probably become a meta contender though, Questline is very gimmicky right now.

fanny packrat posted:

If I remember right, you're playing in the upcoming MT. What is your lineup? Also, good luck! And thanks for your insights, I always enjoy seeing what you think about the game.

ty :shobon:

I don't mind sharing: I don't have a lineup yet, but past time I didn't solidify my lineup until the day before. This time though the main concern is that three control decks are really hitting their stride, (Questine Shaman/Questline Handlock/Fel DH) and it's going to take another miracle to combat this in addition to the Aggro lineups.

Tomorrow is the big day when the Super Accounts are given and data insights from vS are shared. Hoping for that good data~

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

Honestly idk how you'd win vs. control, you only have 4 things they need to remove and Lion's Frenzy can hit for 15~ but that's not enough on it's own.

Those 6/7s come down very early. There is also an early 7/7 body.

Also: Glide just solos some matchups.

Acerbatus posted:

What's the fel dh deck though? The only list I've seen with Jace doesn't have ilgynoth.

Deck is still being tuned, but it is something like this:

### Fel Demon Hunter
# Class: Demon Hunter
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Illidari Studies
# 2x (1) Fury (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Felscream Blast
# 2x (2) Talented Arcanist
# 1x (2) Spectral Sight
# 2x (2) Mo'arg Artificer
# 2x (2) Immolation Aura
# 2x (2) Fel Barrage
# 2x (2) Chaos Strike
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 2x (3) Eye Beam
# 2x (3) Chaos Leech
# 2x (3) Aldrachi Warblades
# 2x (4) Felgorger
# 2x (6) Skull of Gul'dan
# 1x (6) Il'gynoth
# 1x (8) Jace Darkweaver
#
AAECAea5AwTQ3QON9wOXoAS0oAQN6b4D2cYD3dMDx90D8+MDlegDwvEDifcDjPcDmfkDg58Etp8E7KAEAA==
# Find this deck on https://hsreplay.net/decks/twsDwNtbCH6V83LaJlp2le/

Tempo Mo'arg on 2 and tempo Ilgynoth on 6 are viable plays!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Bomb-omb Texting posted:

Got priest legendary quest card, Is there a viable deck to build around it?

There’s a list on HS replay that’s pretty good as a base, but you might need to make changes to it as you play. For instance, I noticed I was constantly getting stuck at the 5 mana step so I added another one of those. I also added a second 8 mana card (Natalie Selene), just having one didn’t feel right. Quest Priest isn’t a great deck, but it is fun to try out.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
Make sure to play the Fel DH with the 3rd Kurtrus portrait from the last premium battle pass if you have it. He screams really loudly everytime Fury gets played and replayed, and has an absurd Metamorphosis line.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Just unpacked the Paladin questline :sigh:

Don't suppose anyone's been dominating with that?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Sir Lemming posted:

Just unpacked the Paladin questline :sigh:

Don't suppose anyone's been dominating with that?

It's kind of a highroll deck, when you hit First Day Of School and complete the quest as fast as possible it can go off, but if it takes you an extra turn, that usually makes the difference between winning and losing. It's ok!

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Just had the most disgusting turn 1:
Lightning bloom X2 + oracle of elune + razormane battleguard + pack mule

Edit:
aaaand I just cruised to legend with taunt druid, went on a 10 game win streak from d3 to legend.
Here's the list if anybody wants it:
### nature taunt
# Class: Druid
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Lightning Bloom
# 1x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 2x (1) Nature Studies
# 2x (1) Vibrant Squirrel
# 2x (2) Annoy-o-Tron
# 1x (2) Composting
# 2x (2) Encumbered Pack Mule
# 2x (2) Mark of the Spikeshell
# 2x (2) Razormane Battleguard
# 2x (2) Toad of the Wilds
# 1x (3) Archspore Msshi'fn
# 2x (3) Dreaming Drake
# 2x (3) Oracle of Elune
# 2x (4) Park Panther
# 2x (5) Arbor Up
# 1x (5) Taelan Fordring
# 1x (6) Cornelius Roame
# 1x (8) Varian, King of Stormwind
#
AAECAe2/BAbxugOVzQOB9wPY+QPZ+QOoigQMm84D8NQDi+QDjOQDuewDiu0Dku4DiPQDyfUD0fYDhPcD1qAEAA==
#

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Aug 24, 2021

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/pano6b/now_that_im_less_excited_ive_made_the_mercenaries/

Mercenaries vid has leaked, sry for reddit

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Thanks, I hate it

Ulvino
Mar 20, 2009

Quotey posted:

Make sure to play the Fel DH with the 3rd Kurtrus portrait from the last premium battle pass if you have it. He screams really loudly everytime Fury gets played and replayed, and has an absurd Metamorphosis line.

Recrafting Metamorphosis just for this, thanks.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

AnacondaHL posted:

### Fel Demon Hunter
It seems you're a bit screwed if you can't get both Il'gynoth and Jace into your hand with the Skull, though.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

CapnAndy posted:

It seems you're a bit screwed if you can't get both Il'gynoth and Jace into your hand with the Skull, though.

Nah, this deck is made to survive to turn 8+, doing an OTK is optional.

To the point that the Eye Beams and Chaos Leeches are being replaced with Sigil of Alacrity and Metamorphosis (+ Spectral Sight)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

I'm glad we finally get to see Kazakus in dragon form.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Twitch drops are enabled for the Merc reveal stream time or thereabouts. 1 pack per 15 mins ewatched up to 2 packs. Ok, good start sound seasy.
Drops are from 8:30 am to 10 am PT. So 1:30 am, cool cool.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

AnacondaHL posted:

Those 6/7s come down very early. There is also an early 7/7 body.

Honestly I just seem to have terrible luck, even with as much as that deck draws there's only 2 of them in the deck and I never seem to find them.

AnacondaHL posted:

Nah, this deck is made to survive to turn 8+, doing an OTK is optional.

To the point that the Eye Beams and Chaos Leeches are being replaced with Sigil of Alacrity and Metamorphosis (+ Spectral Sight)

I guess I'm dumb, how would you kill anyone without Il'gynoth?

Acerbatus fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Aug 25, 2021

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Real nice when the game just hangs, but for you only, so you have to relog and come back dead. How is this game of basically nothing so slow to do anything?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

I guess I'm dumb, how would you kill anyone without Il'gynoth?

Usually with weapon + attack buff damage, then Jace

But here's another example, since as it turns out Fel Barrage can do a ton of damage:
https://hsreplay.net/replay/Jj6GY2CnusBEW6YbxL2sUE

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I wonder if with the general lack of AoE in the meta if murloc shaman could make a sneaky comeback.

Perpetual flame would gently caress it up but what else is new.

AnacondaHL posted:

Usually with weapon + attack buff damage, then Jace

But here's another example, since as it turns out Fel Barrage can do a ton of damage:
https://hsreplay.net/replay/Jj6GY2CnusBEW6YbxL2sUE

I've just been dying to warlock before I can get that late.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
https://twitter.com/sky_tding/status/1430451588347228164?s=20

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Acerbatus posted:

I've just been dying to warlock before I can get that late.

Oh yea, if you're looking to beat Handlock look elsewhere. The point of the deck is to be yet another control deck that stomps on aggro, but this time you can actually be even vs Mage at the cost of getting crushed by Celestial Druids.

Mayveena
Dec 27, 2006

People keep vandalizing my ID photo; I've lodged a complaint with HR
When/where is the Merc stream?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Mayveena posted:

When/where is the Merc stream?

August 31st at 9am PT

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I just crafted Gold Tonks and Mad Scientists lol. 8/30 Gold. Still a fun deck. A bit slow for this meta but whatever.

### Tonkosaurus
# Class: Hunter
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Flare
# 2x (1) Play Dead
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 2x (2) Explosive Trap
# 2x (2) Mad Scientist
# 2x (2) Pack Tactics
# 2x (2) Phase Stalker
# 2x (2) Pressure Plate
# 1x (3) Deathlord
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Nine Lives
# 2x (3) Ursatron
# 2x (4) Necromechanic
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (5) Zilliax
# 1x (6) Oblivitron
# 1x (6) Sylvanas Windrunner
# 2x (7) Darkmoon Tonk
#
AAEBAZ3hAwa5Df4NoIAD8ZYD5e8D5/ADDIAH9w2czQLw9QLylgO2nAOfpQP7rwOkuQOD4gOpnwTjnwQA
#

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

i've lost to that tinyfin/desk imp list and it's very silly

1 mana raid leader is strong! and gandling finally in a real deck...

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
https://twitter.com/GW_Alec/status/1430579587172294657

I wonder if they nerf stealer just to make everyone shut up while handlock gets another love tap lol

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just remove Incanter's Flow from the game, not even being able to mutanus or glide a quest reward because they played everything to complete the quest for 0 on turn 5 is some weapons grade bullshit.

Warlock quest has that problem too with darkglare and stealer.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

Firebert posted:

https://twitter.com/GW_Alec/status/1430579587172294657

I wonder if they nerf stealer just to make everyone shut up while handlock gets another love tap lol

It's definitely Stealer, there's a novel build right now that makes it a legit deck, it's so good I'm basing my MT lineup on bringing it

This could be a disaster if Shaman doesn't get hit as well, but we'll see

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018

AnacondaHL posted:

It's definitely Stealer, there's a novel build right now that makes it a legit deck, it's so good I'm basing my MT lineup on bringing it

This could be a disaster if Shaman doesn't get hit as well, but we'll see

What's that list look like? How different is it from D6 lock?

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

fanny packrat posted:

What's that list look like? How different is it from D6 lock?

It's D8 Warlock. Maintains the same ability to go off with an OTK, but uses Dark Alley Pact and Manari Moshers as midgame actions to pressure the opponent and do huge lifegain swings as needed.

Final list will be published tomorrow, it's still being tweaked with last second data

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

i'm surprised by dark alley pact, but not mosher. i always sighed when it was dropped against me before the first balance patch in zoo

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Having a lot more luck getting "The Sword of a Thousand Truths" out and in play in Duels. It does feel good.

Starter deck
https://twitter.com/CookieMawnster4/status/1426188290974228483

edit:
I am not CookieMawnster4

Illuminti fucked around with this message at 02:22 on Aug 26, 2021

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Illuminti posted:

Having a lot more luck getting "The Sword of a Thousand Truths" out and in play in Duels. It does feel good.

Starter deck
https://twitter.com/CookieMawnster4/status/1426188290974228483

edit:
I am not CookieMawnster4

Was quest a necessity/lifesaver in that deck? I melted down my quest a while back.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Yestermoment posted:

Was quest a necessity/lifesaver in that deck? I melted down my quest a while back.

It pulled me back from single digit health at least twice in a 6 win run. You can finish the quest quite easily once you are cycling through boars and other deathrattle minions and it just sits there in your hand as a 5 mana full heal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

I haven't played Duels for a long time but I'm pretty sure Rally is still one of the more busted passives, and All Together Now has synergy with it. There was a site that collected lots of 12-win Duels decks in tweet format along with comments about how good the deck was, and a lot of the time they had lucked into the busted passives so it was like, well, yeah.

No reason it couldn't be a good and fun deck to play, I'm just saying you can do well with just about anything in Duels if you get good passives. And I think this discord is still the best place for Duels theorycrafting, if anyone is interested.