Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Guessing the Anniversary stuff won't be included in Game Pass even if Witch Queen is

At least Dungeons are soloable, tying a new raid to a not-expansion would have really not good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
jesus loving christ

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
If it's not at least included in the deluxe edition they can kiss my rear end

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Beet Wagon posted:

Extremely cool that both new dungeons are locked behind it that's awesome I can't wait to try and convince my friends to come play the cool dungeons with me now

Prophecy is the only dungeon that you don't have to pay for so which dungeons were you thinking of having your friends try

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
30th Anniversary is year 4 content

Witch Queen deluxe is year 5 content

Open dem wallets if you want to play

(they must have the felt the sting of Game Pass lost sales, considering how much content they scooted into the Deluxe WQ)

life_source
May 11, 2008

i got tired of looking at your edgy baby avatar that a 14-year old would be proud of
come join me in the f2p swamp

smother yourself in the mud

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

For all of the lip service Bungie gives to their legacy, they sure do go out of their way to remove most of it, or make it inaccessible.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

life_source posted:

come join me in the f2p swamp

smother yourself in the mud

Will this be a new open world PvE area, along with strikes, and a raid?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I managed to get a look at the Bungie Store for a few seconds before it kicked me out to a countdown. The Collector’s Edition of WQ is $150 without a game code and $250 with one so that Digital Deluxe Edition could be pretty pricey…

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Only one dungeon wasn't paid for and also this isn't actually a free to play game. We all know this. This is just like buying a new COD or Madden or FF14 expansion.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

fuuuuuuuuuck that

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

The REAL Goobusters posted:

fuuuuuuuuuck that

What the gently caress? This HAS to be a mistake.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

loving jesus, how is the anniversary poo poo not part of the deluxe

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Deluxe also getting the next gen price tax. gently caress you bungie

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Eej posted:

Prophecy is the only dungeon that you don't have to pay for so which dungeons were you thinking of having your friends try

Literally Proph since it's the only one they can without buying more poo poo but I was hoping for some new ones. Ah well

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

"help, f2p cheaters don't buy silver or expansion packs"

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Beet Wagon posted:

"The Final Shape" is such a dumb name for an expansion lmbo like I understand why it's significant but man

I like it

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol can we please just have a generic $30 - $40 edition of these expansions?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

The REAL Goobusters posted:

fuuuuuuuuuck that

15 months of content for $100 seems semi-reasonable but lol they're going to get owned on public perception here and it's entirely their own fault

"$100 of content and half of it goes away at the end of a year??" etc, totally a valid complaint

I said come in! posted:

there'll be one, it just won't have any seasons (or it might have an expansion+1 season version)

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I bet they make it 50 dollars

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Also lol at Bungo not putting Trials and Comp behind a paywall. That would stop 99% of the cheaters.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

victrix posted:

"help, f2p cheaters don't buy silver or expansion packs"

No longer having that Call of Duty funding, on top of being located in the most expensive part of Washington state, Bungie has to pay the bills somehow I guess!

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

99$/124$ Canadian, jesus.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

How is there still no season of the lost page?

This bodes well!

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The Final Shape better give me three endings for this epic space saga

Destroy - Eliminate the darkness and only Circle remains (space turns red)

Control - Harness the dark and only Triangle remains (space turns blue)

Synthesis - Light & dark are both the same so Square is the winner (space turns green)

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Oxyclean posted:

99$/124$ Canadian, jesus.

That's a six dollars savings than just buying WQ and 30th Anni seperate!

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

Given Lightfall probably wont be until 2023, that's like $5/mo for a video game.

RocketRaygun
Nov 7, 2015

The Final* Shape

* Preorder the next expansion, after the Final Shape!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I don't trust Bungie to have enough content for a year.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Nice to see them continuing the trend of treating you, the player as the product to be exploited by pathalogical corporate greed, psychological tricks and mismanagement because the only thing that matters is more MAUs and revenue.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

RocketRaygun posted:

Given Lightfall probably wont be until 2023, that's like $5/mo for a video game.

It's still a lot for a game.

Not to mention when we get seasons like this past one with one whole exotic gun.

RocketRaygun posted:

The Final* Shape

* Preorder the next expansion, after the Final Shape!
They did literally say it's not the last expansion, just the end of the current arc.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

RocketRaygun posted:

For $15/month on ESO or FFXIV you get to keep playing all the previous content AND new content on a regular basis!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

lol at their new raid every 3 months commitment. That is a terrible idea to announce to your players because its not going to happen.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

Are they really only starting game client update on the hour

Baffling

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
They launched beyond light with barely any loving gear lol

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

So, the season 15, season of the Lost starts today. Followed by $25 anniversary pack of.. stuff.. december. Followed by $80 witch queen (destiny 3 let’s be honest) February? Do I have this right?

I like this idea of returning to the Dreaming City and it being a prologue for the witch queen but drat is that far away. Anyone dipping into this new season content yet? Worth starting to play?

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

I’m pretty excited about everything they talked about today. Pricing sucks but still gonna buy it, I never felt like I didn’t get my money’s worth out of a Destiny purchase.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

DoomTrainPhD posted:

For $15/month on ESO or FFXIV you get to keep playing all the previous content AND new content on a regular basis!

This seriously. Bungie should really consider bringing the story campaign and locations from Destiny 1 into Destiny 2. Along with bringing back the original story campaign from Destiny 2 at launch, and those locations. It's wild to me that they keep removing locations and pretending its a positive thing for the game.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
$100 for 15 months of content is literally only $2.53e-6 per second so just get a job paying at least $0.0091/hr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I said come in! posted:

lol at their new raid every 3 months commitment. That is a terrible idea to announce to your players because its not going to happen.

Raid or Dungeon, with 2 dungeons confirmed, I assume that means 2 raids and 2 dungeons. Probably Expansion Raid, Dungeon 1, DCV Returning Raid (free for everyone), Dungeon 2, bam, 12 months.