Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mat Cauthon posted:

My thoughts exactly.

So it looks like we're getting:

- Dafoe Green Goblin
- Molina Doc Ock
- Foxx Electro
- Someone I can't quite make out at 2:26 but the shadows and laughter and red details make me think Morlun given that this one is explicitly multiverse-centric.

Which leaves two more spots to round it out. Wouldn't mind seeing Thomas Hayden Church coming back as Sandman, honestly. Also pretty tickled by the dimensional divergence train set piece, someone obviously felt like one-upping the train sequence in Solo.

The deaging effect on Molina is good but he looks weirdly...shiny?

Don't you think all of that poo poo would've been way cooler if it was a surprise when you saw it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

kiimo posted:

I still can't figure out a way to watch the second one.

Same but it’s not a priority so I completely forgot about it til you mentioned it. My Tubi queue is too deep to worry about the next marvel serial.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

mcmagic posted:

Don't you think all of that poo poo would've been way cooler if it was a surprise when you saw it?

No. I honestly have never given a poo poo about spoilers and MCU movies are the epitome of "it's about the journey, not the destination", because the destination is just hooks for more MCU movies.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Mat Cauthon posted:

No. I honestly have never given a poo poo about spoilers and MCU movies are the epitome of "it's about the journey, not the destination", because the destination is just hooks for more MCU movies.

IDK I don't care that much about either the journey or destination. I would have liked "cool surprise"

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ruddiger posted:

Same but it’s not a priority so I completely forgot about it til you mentioned it. My Tubi queue is too deep to worry about the next marvel serial.

I wonder if the Sony mess has something to do with Disney not streaming it

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

mcmagic posted:

Don't watch this if you don't want to know the entire plot of the movie lol

I dunno, I get this complaint with a lot of trailers, but this seems really far from it. Like, it seems to sum up the first act and give you the hook. I highly doubt it's even close to the entire plot, just the basic premise. Which is what a trailer is supposed to do.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mat Cauthon posted:

My thoughts exactly.

So it looks like we're getting:

- Dafoe Green Goblin
- Molina Doc Ock
- Foxx Electro
- Someone I can't quite make out at 2:26 but the shadows and laughter and red details make me think Morlun given that this one is explicitly multiverse-centric.

Which leaves two more spots to round it out. Wouldn't mind seeing Thomas Hayden Church coming back as Sandman, honestly. Also pretty tickled by the dimensional divergence train set piece, someone obviously felt like one-upping the train sequence in Solo.

The deaging effect on Molina is good but he looks weirdly...shiny?

The rumor mill on this movie between this trailer and the apparent leaks (which this trailer kinda confirm some) have been insane. It’s basically Sony going “hold up this Marvel partnership works both ways on E V E R Y T H I N G? And into the spider-verse was a huge loving hit and people want more of it? All right, call everyone!’

People are as of this moment analyzing the hands of off-screen people to try to confirm further cameos. Such as (spoilering) charlie fox / Netflix daredevil being in this

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
The major stuff is going to be hard to avoid if you use social media or talk to people. I'm sure the trailers can only spoil so much, there's bound to be some surprises *does a quick search* Oh wait the entire movie plot has been leaked basically scene by scene, including every cameo? Ah well.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lookin real bad

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I can't believe how bad the writing in that trailer is. Every line is so loving on the nose. It's made worse by the DUN DUN DUN sound effects punctuating the idiotic lines. The action scenes look pretty good and Molina hell yeah, but my lord the writing.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
I’m curious whether there’s more to Strange’s involvement, because otherwise him casually casting a “break all reality” spell for a random high school kid he knows is pretty hilariously irresponsible, I’d enjoy a depiction of a nihilistic Sorcerer Supreme who doesn’t really give a gently caress about his job or existence in general.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Thaddius the Large posted:

I’m curious whether there’s more to Strange’s involvement, because otherwise him casually casting a “break all reality” spell for a random high school kid he knows is pretty hilariously irresponsible, I’d enjoy a depiction of a nihilistic Sorcerer Supreme who doesn’t really give a gently caress about his job or existence in general.

Odd, because he was very much the adult in the room in those last two Avengers films. Like they just pasted a Tony Stark thing to do onto Doctor Strange.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

The rumor mill on this movie between this trailer and the apparent leaks (which this trailer kinda confirm some) have been insane. It’s basically Sony going “hold up this Marvel partnership works both ways on E V E R Y T H I N G? And into the spider-verse was a huge loving hit and people want more of it? All right, call everyone!’

People are as of this moment analyzing the hands of off-screen people to try to confirm further cameos. Such as (spoilering) charlie fox / Netflix daredevil being in this

I'm currently all-in on that spoiler. It's literally my number one wish for this film. Also, the trailer looks great you weird nerds, movie's gonna own.

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Here's hoping the "alleged" cameos are given more screentime than a fleeting scene, a la when peter was hallucinating in Far From Home in that warehouse

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
So that Army of the Dead non-zombie-prequel (???) got a trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdbXnboJCVw

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Thaddius the Large posted:

I guess they could sell his mistake as a "Ok Pete, once I start casting this spell there's no stopping. You sure about this?" "Yep." [starts] "Wait wait wait!"

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

DanTheFryingPan posted:

So that Army of the Dead non-zombie-prequel (???) got a trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdbXnboJCVw

Oh poo poo - Guz Khan is in this? He's so loving funny in Borderline. Can't wait!

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

LesterGroans posted:

Odd, because he was very much the adult in the room in those last two Avengers films. Like they just pasted a Tony Stark thing to do onto Doctor Strange.

Yeah he’s basically just acting like Stark, I thought the same thing.

Vegetable posted:

I can't believe how bad the writing in that trailer is. Every line is so loving on the nose. It's made worse by the DUN DUN DUN sound effects punctuating the idiotic lines. The action scenes look pretty good and Molina hell yeah, but my lord the writing.

Tom Holland is really struggling with it, I’ve never seen him seem so awkward

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I thought we were just going to get some wacky Mephisto One More Day thing. I guess it is kind of like that, but no Mephisto.

Also One More Day makes no sense and Aunt May looked like a walking skeleton in the 60s how is she still alive in the original timeline?!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Zurtilik posted:

I thought we were just going to get some wacky Mephisto One More Day thing. I guess it is kind of like that, but no Mephisto.

Also One More Day makes no sense and Aunt May looked like a walking skeleton in the 60s how is she still alive in the original timeline?!

Would you like to know this before ASM 400 where an actress replaced her and the actress died and both Peter and his Clone, Ben Reilly, cried or after? Possibly before or after she became the Herald of Galactus?

Just to get the absurdity of comics out of the way.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

I don't know what any of that means. I'm sorry. I made the mistake of reading like the first ~100 issues of Spider-Man many years ago and then only keeping up loosely with the stories from there. Comics are wacky.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/HardDriveMag/status/1429988321535664129?s=20

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Lobok posted:

I guess they could sell his mistake as a "Ok Pete, once I start casting this spell there's no stopping. You sure about this?" "Yep." [starts] "Wait wait wait!"

The main problem I have with it is it turns Peter into a loving idiot. Yes, May and your friends will forget that you're Spider-Man as well. So what exactly is stopping you telling them?

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Jedit posted:

The main problem I have with it is it turns Peter into a loving idiot. Yes, May and your friends will forget that you're Spider-Man as well. So what exactly is stopping you telling them?

Also, like, what the gently caress did he think would happen?

“I want everyone to forget I’m Spider-Man”

“Okay”

“No, not like that”

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I'll eat my hat* if there isn't some kind of tease for Miles Morales at some point, probably mid-credits

*Definition of hat subject to change

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They already had Prowler mention his nephew in the first one!

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.
I think it'll be more concrete, I think Sony/Marvel are dying to get a live action Miles established and the multiverse is a perfect way to do that. They'll probably retcon donglover being his uncle since i bet he doesn't want to do these movies.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009
Plus with the introduction of Ms Marvel, if they introduce Miles here they're 1 Nova away from forming the core group of the Champions. It is a little odd to think about introducing Miles at this point simply because Peter Parker is still so young and inexperienced it sort of bites away at much of early Miles' development...

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Disney having to poach villains from better Marvel movies for the MCU is pretty hilarious.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

It’s awesome actually. You can’t do better than Dafoe and Molina, so don’t even fuckin try.

I’m so hyped.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Boooo bring back Andrew Garfield and Dane Dehaan and Emma Stone

Also James Cromwell as George Stacy.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

CelticPredator posted:

It’s awesome actually. You can’t do better than Dafoe and Molina, so don’t even fuckin try.

I’m so hyped.

Honestly, if it means we somehow get more Hugh Jackman Wolverine status, then whatever lol.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

teagone posted:

Disney having to poach villains from better Marvel movies for the MCU is pretty hilarious.

Isn't it more like Sony reliving their greatest hits?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

This does kind of imply this is the end of the MCU Spider-Man in his own films, since bringing in his most iconic villains from other universes makes it a lot harder to justify having him run into his own versions down the line.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

They've still got uhhh... Molten Man!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Robot Style posted:

This does kind of imply this is the end of the MCU Spider-Man in his own films, since bringing in his most iconic villains from other universes makes it a lot harder to justify having him run into his own versions down the line.

they're going to do the hobgoblin saga and thenfollow up it with clone saga

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Movie will be dogshit unless they get the Cyborg Spider-Man suit in it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Zurtilik posted:

Maybe Dr. Strange is actually Mephisto in disguise, which would explain him doing things out of character. The franchise hook could be Dr. Strange being held prisoner somewhere, so be sure to watch Dr. Strange II to see how he gets out of that jam!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
He's still got the Vulture and Scorpion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ruddiger posted:

Movie will be dogshit unless they get the Cyborg Spider-Man suit in it.

Spider-Carnage.