Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
Season 2 is set in LA and LA is ugly and boring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yestermoment
Jul 27, 2007

Analytic Engine posted:

How apt for Vince Vaughn.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Bust Rodd posted:

Honestly probably the reason Felix is obsessed with her and uses her as the example actress in all his imaginary movies
Riley Reid was in True Detective?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Analytic Engine posted:

gimme my drat ellroy tv series

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011

PostNouveau posted:

Probably the only movie scene with an entire subreddit devoted to it

This is flying over my head, but probably because I don’t know much about reddit.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Chakan posted:

This is flying over my head, but probably because I don’t know much about reddit.

There's a subreddit for just photoshopping and re-editing Daddario's nude scene in True Detective

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost
is Felix trapped in a cave in the new episode?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
The part in true detective S2 where it goes "final farewell message upload to stupid fat son at 99% - FAILED" was extremely funny

And then it cuts to his wife getting test results that say "he was the father! Your dead ex-husband was the father! gently caress you!!!"

And then an orphanage burned down and the smoke spelled out the word 'SOCIETY'

Nikaer Drekin
Oct 11, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

General Dog posted:

It’s no Too Old to Die Young, but it’s solid.

I never got more than one or two episodes into that because it's genuinely one of the most boring things I've ever watched. And I generally really like Refn's movies, so I'm not opposed to his style, it just did nothing for me!

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Nikaer Drekin posted:

I never got more than one or two episodes into that because it's genuinely one of the most boring things I've ever watched. And I generally really like Refn's movies, so I'm not opposed to his style, it just did nothing for me!

It was largely a joke for the 8 other people on earth who remember that show. It’s so glacially paced that it felt like a parody of the very concept of entertainment. That said, I finished the whole thing and ultimately don’t regret having done so.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Too Old To Die Young is Tarkovsky for dumb guys

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/cushbomb/status/1430023991608049671

a_gelatinous_cube
Feb 13, 2005

True Detective season 1 is great and once a year I usually put it on to watch a scene and then end up just watching the whole thing again. I love that Rust gets reverse-Cthulhued at the end when he gets full-on blasted with the universal chaos underlying the fabric of reality in the Yellow King's room it twists his mind from a nihilistic rear end in a top hat madman into an optimistic guy with a positive outlook on life.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
The Dry Boys have been kicking out a lot of good and fun episodes lately. :unsmith:

(Also, was Thomas Friedman saying that he thought leaving Afghanistan was good? Would not have expected that.)

Also also, "a skeleton that sounds like Cab Calloway" :jj:

prefect fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Aug 24, 2021

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
TD season 1 rules but you’ve got to admit the “my family’s been here a long time” reveal is unintentionally hilarious.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Matt's tweets don't show up on my TL and haven't for awhile I'm still following him so I have no clue what's going on. Jack must've labeled him a suppressive person.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nikaer Drekin posted:

I only got a couple into it as well. I wouldn't call it boring, but it doesn't really have any hooks to grab you with. Someone vomit up some kittens, dammit!

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

TD was good but it was funny how fast its vibe got commoditized

didn't one of the car companies do an ad with matthew m playing cohle driving a car somewhere

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

shrike82 posted:

TD was good but it was funny how fast its vibe got commoditized

didn't one of the car companies do an ad with matthew m playing cohle driving a car somewhere

Yeah the show was at the center of McConaughey’s career renaissance and led to a series of Lincoln ads where he speaks like if Rust was in a better mental state.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

prefect posted:

The Dry Boys have been kicking out a lot of good and fun episodes lately. :unsmith:

(Also, was Thomas Friedman saying that he thought leaving Afghanistan was good? Would not have expected that.)

Also also, "a skeleton that sounds like Cab Calloway" :jj:

It was really more of a ghost imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFBx3qYGxL8

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Groovelord Neato posted:

Matt's tweets don't show up on my TL and haven't for awhile I'm still following him so I have no clue what's going on. Jack must've labeled him a suppressive person.

The algorithm likes to show you tweets or similar tweets you engage with. if you follow the Milwaukee bucks and enjoy the content they post, but spend a week diving into toothpaste discourse guess what you will see for a month

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Just leave your twitter as Latest Tweets and never log off what's so hard?

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
https://twitter.com/willmenaker/status/1430192211988291585?s=19

coward

COPE 27
Sep 11, 2006

Weird how there's been a lot of great episodes after Virgil and Amber left.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

evilpicard posted:

Weird how there's been a lot of great episodes after Virgil and Amber left.

There were a bunch of great episodes before, too. (I miss Amber.)

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Fascinated by the discourse around this show I’ve never seen

https://twitter.com/CarolBlymire/status/1429800952513581064

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Is it a plot point in the show that Ted Lasso eats pussy?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The lasso refers to his tongue, I guess.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

:holymoley:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i kept seeing people talking about Ted Lasso and i didn't even know it was a show. thought it was just some guy. maybe a politician or something.

turns out he's a god drat bushman of the Kalahari over here!

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

lobster shirt posted:

There is apparently a scene in the new season where one of the players does.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Ben Affleck eats pussy on the first date in Gone Girl and she still tries to ruin his life big deal.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

lobster shirt posted:

Hey, if it’s a good enough plot for sopranos

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Groovelord Neato posted:

Ben Affleck eats pussy on the first date

respect

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/1430215602845753347

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
Who doesn't? Is that unusual at all?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah the show was at the center of McConaughey’s career renaissance and led to a series of Lincoln ads where he speaks like if Rust was in a better mental state.

there's also his autobiography where he casually mentions he got molested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Pk7m5uusEQ

crepeface fucked around with this message at 18:47 on Aug 24, 2021

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003

a_gelatinous_cube posted:

True Detective season 1 is great and once a year I usually put it on to watch a scene and then end up just watching the whole thing again. I love that Rust gets reverse-Cthulhued at the end when he gets full-on blasted with the universal chaos underlying the fabric of reality in the Yellow King's room it twists his mind from a nihilistic rear end in a top hat madman into an optimistic guy with a positive outlook on life.
I remember someone, I think an established author, doing some edgelordy post that was like "What if Rust didn't mean it? What if he was lying so that everyone else could feel better?" like he was some kind of nihilist Christ.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

PostNouveau posted:

Yeah but the "how does an American football coach switch to soccer" is not really addressed. You'd think the whole thing would be a fish out of water show about switching sports, but mostly it's about how the super nice guy wins over the mean Brits.

All ball sport is about controlling space, it's an easily transferable skill.

And that other coach guy reads a lot and knows a lot more, I guess. He's Lasso's Thufir Hawat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Kamala with Havana Syndrome lmao. Stop trying to make it a thing it's not a thing!