Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1430231351362469891

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So you can boof oxygen?!

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/TMZ_Sports/status/1430208991934795776

lol

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

OK baizuo posted:

So you can boof oxygen?!

You can boof anything with enough willpower.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
already +1500 hospitalized from the last end of day report 13 hours ago

gonna be a +3k hospitalized day perhaps

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Atrocious Joe posted:

we're doing 1 post for every 250 positive cases in the US

Need more posts

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

actually hospitalizations dropped recently so I don't know what this sensationalism is all about.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
what like, the max hospitalization capacity?

SchrodingersCat
Aug 23, 2011

empty whippet box posted:

gimme the cheese lungs,
covid is over
I want oxygen in my butthole
as I slip away

Butthole fun
Won't you come
And cheese my lungs again

Butthole fun
Won't you come?
Won't you come?

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

Zurtilik posted:

If the NYT is to be believe we had over 266k new cases yesterday.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/us/covid-cases.html

:confuoot:

From the NY times numbers:

The current wave started at roughly the same time across the various regions, which makes the difference between case rates in the south vs elsewhere striking. Wondering if this is most plausibly due to vaccination rates, school starting early in the south for some reason, or just localized outbreaks taking more or less time to get going.

Basically how screwed am I sitting in the northeast.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/iHeartCountry/status/1430228420948942849

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
https://twitter.com/reuterspictures/status/1430219240095748096

llama to the rescue

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

lol

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

fits my needs posted:

Approximately one hospitalfull per hospital

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

fits my needs posted:

we had a few weeks around 110k-120k and a peak day of 132k in the last surge. this surge looks like it's going to at least hit 120k and probably stay stuck there for quite a while. last time we were this high in hospitalizations it was early december and _every_ state was locking down, closing restaurants early in the evening, etc. now we're masks off, everything open, and back to school

Buffer
May 6, 2007
I sometimes turn down sex and blowjobs from my girlfriend because I'm too busy posting in D&D. PS: She used my credit card to pay for this.

caelxii posted:

Wait, they kept the positive kid in school? My kid's LAUSD school had two cases and both were sent home for the 10 days quarantine.

they quarantined the positive and the desks immediately around them.

E: my kid is still in class, they didn't quarantine the whole classroom.

Buffer fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Aug 24, 2021

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf

COVID...it doesn't really whip the llama's rear end

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

i will confess that back when cases kept dropping earlier this year i wondered if i had it wrong and the nate silvers of the world were correct. won't make that mistake again lol

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

mod sassinator posted:

we had a few weeks around 110k-120k and a peak day of 132k in the last surge. this surge looks like it's going to at least hit 120k and probably stay stuck there for quite a while. last time we were this high in hospitalizations it was early december and _every_ state was locking down, closing restaurants early in the evening, etc. now we're masks off, everything open, and back to school

thanks, hmm so you're saying its not that bad yet

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Have you considered leaving an offering of beakers and safety goggles at the foot of The Science Alter?

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
covid really can't whip the llama's rear end
e: motherfucker

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

holy poo poo Reba almost died what the gently caress

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

mod sassinator posted:

lol yeah, capital's mouthpieces have spoken and we aren't closing poo poo this time around. people will be encouraged to step around the bodies of their loved ones and go christmas shopping

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

U-DO Burger posted:

i will confess that back when cases kept dropping earlier this year i wondered if i had it wrong and the nate silvers of the world were correct. won't make that mistake again lol

all optimism ended in may when the CDC burned the mask mandate. there was some genuine optimism in january as vaccine rollout actually went well and didn't crash and burn, and study after study was showing the early effectiveness against wild strain was incredible. but we totally bungled that first mover advantage and may never get a good handle on this and the coming waves ever again

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Watching the odometer roll over on a road trip except it's how many humans are making their own gravy

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

Zisky posted:

You can boof anything with enough willpower.

*lube and poppers CMON straights

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
yeah, like local news wise there really isnt that much a sense of urgency as last time. just the usual covid segment in between afghanistan whatever and the newest "inventor" shilling a "portable tiny home" for the homeless which is literally just a wooden shack on a trailer.

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

horse paste? no thank you. I will have the llama juice.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
test came back negative. :sweatdrop:

i think the hot, muggy weather here is just making me feel awful

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Homocow posted:

what do they even have to gain?

nothing. the question is what the have to lose, which is viewers - fox has been bleeding them to further right sources and if they don't match pace, they will continue to lose them

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
There's no place worse than this planet. It's horrible here.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Joementum posted:

test came back negative. :sweatdrop:

i think the hot, muggy weather here is just making me feel awful

:hfive:

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

mod sassinator posted:

all optimism ended in may when the CDC burned the mask mandate. there was some genuine optimism in january as vaccine rollout actually went well and didn't crash and burn, and study after study was showing the early effectiveness against wild strain was incredible. but we totally bungled that first mover advantage and may never get a good handle on this and the coming waves ever again

we'll have more deaths this year than last year and on the other side of it will be a big mission accomplished banner and a ticker tape parade for joe biden for doing such a swell job. and then covid will be declared officially over and we will repeat the process again, with even more deaths next year.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
Close family in one state had a surge of cases at their workplace. The mom got a covid test that came back negative, so she took her and the children to visit grandma in another state. Grandma works in a hospital with a surge of cases with staff. All of them now have covid, and we don't even know which state it came from lmao.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

fits my needs posted:

yeah, like local news wise there really isnt that much a sense of urgency as last time. just the usual covid segment in between afghanistan whatever and the newest "inventor" shilling a "portable tiny home" for the homeless which is literally just a wooden shack on a trailer.

also all the coverage around here all day every day is about how terrible it is that we're pulling out of Afghanistan, which no actual Americans give a poo poo about

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
We just had a two hour meeting about the importance of customer service.

We're still planning on being fully open, with thousands of college kids in our dining hall, obviously unmasked while eating, even after we've learned Delta breaks through the vaccine, fucks people up, and doesn't give two shits about all our nice new plexiglass.

And the school is reinstating three person dorm rooms because hundreds of kids are homeless without them.

"Well, we'll see what happens at schools that open before we do." LMAO

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Zurtilik posted:

There's no place worse than this planet. It's horrible here.

come now, we could be Venus

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
lol they're starting to slow rollout the news that child vaccines are not coming any time soon: https://www.npr.org/sections/back-t...nih-director-sa

quote:

Parents and caregivers may have to wait until the end of 2021 before a COVID-19 vaccine is approved for young children ages 5 to 11. The news comes from Dr. Francis Collins, director of the National Institutes of Health, in an interview with NPR's Morning Edition.

Collins said both Pfizer and Moderna are still collecting trial data, trying to understand — among other things — whether young children should receive a smaller vaccine dose than what has already been approved for adults.

Pfizer could submit its data to the Food and Drug Administration for review by the end of September, Collins said. But he added, "I've got to be honest, I don't see the approval for kids — 5 to 11 — coming much before the end of 2021."

reminder that they've known this was the case, no approval before 2022, for at least the last 3 months--maybe even 6 months

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

boosters at 4 months seems better than 6 imo

https://twitter.com/EricTopol/status/1430208810153504770

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

fits my needs posted:

You forgot the copaganda. There's always room for copaganda.

I really do miss the morning news from last March where they turned the background red instead of it's normal blue