Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The_Doctor posted:

Definitely a props/prop replicas thread.

You mean a gregday thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Xenomrph posted:

You mean a gregday thread

I’d post there too! Hell, I’d mod if asked.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

I often see things on BBTS or Dorkside and think "who is that for? Who would buy that?" Really looking forward to having these burning questions answered.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The_Doctor posted:

I’d post there too! Hell, I’d mod if asked.

I would also be very down for a prop thread.

I think I personally would probably start a modern Hasbro Star Wars thread and maybe a Kenner Star Wars thread if there was interest.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Louisgod posted:

I'd like to start a Pokemon TCG thread, my kids and I have gotten into collecting some newer cards these last couple years and I'd love to both see others' collections and get some trades going.

There is a small Pokemon TCG thread!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3963503&perpage=40&noseen=1&pagenumber=3

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

We used to have an original art collectables thread but it turned into me and like one or two other goons updating it so it ended up locked. Hopefully a collectables forum could make a thread like that more permanent.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Prop thread would be cool. I’m a Detroit Ghostbuster now, and we have a ton of cool props to share.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I would DEFINITELY lurk in the prop & replica thread. I only have a few myself but I really love stuff like that.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I voiced support in qcs as well, a good idea.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Oh nice thanks!! I looked in TG a couple times in the past and couldn't find one.

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

epsilon posted:

Quoting this...Studson is one of the dopest channels on YouTube and I know that's what this is without even clicking

I have watched several other videos of his now, and agree they are awesome. I like how he cracks jokes, laughs at his mistakes and does little visual gags with the editing; not only are his models amazing but his videos are really entertaining.

On that note, I would enjoy a thread that's all about sci-fi / fantasy models and miniatures; it's fun to drop an occasional post about that kind of thing here but it's admittedly off-topic. I used to love building models, sort of transitioned over time to mostly doing custom action figures because it was a nexus of my interests, but I've been taking a renewed interest in miniatures and dioramas... mostly as a spectator now.

I have an elaborate custom figure I've been working on for our own Xenomrph for like... three years, and I'm determined to actually get that poo poo done before I dive back into hands-on modelmaking, but I have a slew of other projects in progress and lined up.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

GET BACK TO WORK :toughguy:

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

I had, and still have, no plans to collect the Eternia Minis line, but I saw this guy at Target and couldn't resist the teeny Orko. He's barely bigger than a quarter!

EDIT: In other news, I actually ended up returning Skelegod to the store. Decided I'd rather have the $30. They had a bunch of that guy still on the pegs, and he's selling below retail price on eBay right now, so I don't picture him being a super valuable collectible... unless I sit on him for like 20 years. They had every Revelations figure except He-Man, which is the only one I'm considering buying.

Nerd Of Prey fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 24, 2021

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I know this thread is more about a male concept of an ideal man with all of the He-Men and all, but to change that up

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shiroc posted:

I know this thread is more about a male concept of an ideal man with all of the He-Men and all, but to change that up

Not sure why you posted this as a counter-example?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Shiroc posted:

Standard man: coming in to take credit for stuff he didn't do.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund

Louisgod posted:

I'd like to start a Pokemon TCG thread, my kids and I have gotten into collecting some newer cards these last couple years and I'd love to both see others' collections and get some trades going.

You should talk to casnorf.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Shiroc posted:

Is there a moonlight knight variant?

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late

Kingtheninja posted:

Is there a moonlight knight variant?

No. The line has been entirely the main 10 Sailors, Sailor V, Crystal Sailor Moon, this Tuxedo Mask, Black Lady and Imposter Sailor Moon since they could reuse the tooling.

Endless Mike posted:

Not sure why you posted this as a counter-example?

A joke but he's not super jacked and is a supporting character to Sailor Moon's story instead of being the center of it.

Shiroc fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 24, 2021

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/RogerCorman/status/1430218798607462401?s=20

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Make a model of the ship.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
The boob ship and the movie a young James Cameron worked on.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I know it's supposed to be a boob ship but when I saw it in the theater as a youngin' when it came out I thought it looked like a weird ballsack ship. :v:

Anyway since we don't have the Collector's forum around yet, here's my latest get- Kaiju WARSGON by Elegab! This military hardware kaiju is a wild one and has great details like the little tank driver. I was surprised when it was announced that this guy was going to be released because it's been quite a few years since the last colorway of him came out. I have a red one that I got around 5 years ago but I really like this colorway.

It's been announced that the next Elegab release is going to be a new colorway of DEVIL UFO! I'm not sure if I'm going enter for this lottery as I have a few colorways of him and this green is nice but not essential for me.

edit: oh hell yeah! Nari san made a new video about Devil UFO

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yMPDqarA4w

GATOS Y VATOS fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Aug 24, 2021

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress I'm both sad and glad I don't collect that kind of figure

gently caress I wish I did that's good

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

It's a huge addiction. I discovered Elegab figures for myself around 7 years ago and went nuts. I'm still trying to get a few of the minis I don't have as well as some colorways from the past. I even was able to get his first toy release, a little resin cast alien, a few years back. There is only one standard size kaiju of his I'm missing and that was a new one he put out last year just after COVID shut everything down. He's stated that he's going to make a new release of it for international sale though sooner rather than later.

I'm going to be interviewing him for a friend's project soon. Nari is really a creative guy.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

I'll very likely give some Texan about 230CAD for an 8" vinyl figure because his designs and colors are very cool, and then I'll say to myself "you bought an art toy and now you can put that collection to rest, because there are many other hemans, joes and bots out there."

I would love to follow a sofubi thread to vicariously live through what other posters may collect.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

I'll very likely give some Texan about 230CAD for an 8" vinyl figure because his designs and colors are very cool, and then I'll say to myself "you bought an art toy and now you can put that collection to rest, because there are many other hemans, joes and bots out there."

I would love to follow a sofubi thread to vicariously live through what other posters may collect.

Hard same

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I had, and still have, no plans to collect the Eternia Minis line, but I saw this guy at Target and couldn't resist the teeny Orko. He's barely bigger than a quarter!

I went to Target to get this and all they had one an empty peg and another guy in the aisle just looking at the empty peg...

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

DJ Fuckboy Supreme posted:

Boy will I post a lot in it. Especially once things open up and I can go back to Japan to participate in things like the Kaiju Paint Party with other artists and share photos of places like the DaiKaiju Salon.

gregday
May 23, 2003

I’d be down for a props thread. Although I’ve got lots that aren’t connected to comics so the thread might make more sense in CD than BSS.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

gregday posted:

I’d be down for a props thread.
Oh, word?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

There’s a lot of proton pack chat in the Ghostbusters thread.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Xenomrph posted:

Oh, word?

This made me literally laugh out loud.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Any Dallas residents here? Any place other than Dallas Vintage Toys worth checking out?

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Any Dallas residents here? Any place other than Dallas Vintage Toys worth checking out?

If you're going there, eat at Pecan Lodge for barbecue and El Fenix for Tex-Mex.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

If you're going there, eat at Pecan Lodge for barbecue and El Fenix for Tex-Mex.

Already done both of those! Heading down to spend time with my best friend who moved down about 5 years ago. I don't share it much in BSS but i've been having some brain struggles so I taking a mental health weekend with him. He's got a good plan to avoid really crowded and popular places to diminish my covid panic.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Already done both of those! Heading down to spend time with my best friend who moved down about 5 years ago. I don't share it much in BSS but i've been having some brain struggles so I taking a mental health weekend with him. He's got a good plan to avoid really crowded and popular places to diminish my covid panic.

I'm so sorry, my friend. Things are so stressful and scary right now. I empathize completely, especially being back on a university campus at full capacity.

You reminded me of an R.E.M. lyric: "Everybody hurts, take comfort in your friends."

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Haha, this is super great. Love the facial expression! He's a bit of a goof, but he will shoot you with is crotch cannons.

I'm poking around corners of the internet I've never explored and ran across this angry ginger root: https://www.circusposterus.com/store/sofubi/tcp-japanese-sofubi-chris-ryniak-stinky-ginger-pink-colorway/

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's been rough, right now my sister and her fiance are in total hell, his brother died of a heroin OD last week. I've already been at my limits with my mother of later and this was the last straw so I decided not to speak to her for one whole week to give it time to blow over. Hopefully once i rest and recharge i can sort that out with her.

On the plus side I went to the doctor for the first time in 20 years on monday and got very good results from my physical and labs so the 4 years of giving a poo poo about my body have paid off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Rhyno posted:

It's been rough, right now my sister and her fiance are in total hell, his brother died of a heroin OD last week. I've already been at my limits with my mother of later and this was the last straw so I decided not to speak to her for one whole week to give it time to blow over. Hopefully once i rest and recharge i can sort that out with her.

On the plus side I went to the doctor for the first time in 20 years on monday and got very good results from my physical and labs so the 4 years of giving a poo poo about my body have paid off.

That's great news that you're taking care of yourself. Take solace in the fact that you're so close to completing He-Man Classics! <3