Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

whats the watch order for all the post series stuff, should i just go by release date i assume

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mentat Radnor posted:

The visuals are fantastic, and the worldbuilding / setting is interesting. Some characters I enjoyed a lot, while some just irked me. I thought the plot was nonsense, and I hated the ending (as in, End of Eva ending), but I understand I'm in the minority here as far as anime fans go. Regardless, it was and is hugely popular to the point where it has become iconic of the anime medium in general, so I guess there's also value in that respect if you want to get the constant references that are made to it in anime discussions and in other works.

I haven't seen any of the new movies yet, but I'll watch them eventually for the sick animation alone.

How can you not like the end of Evangelion ending??

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lor posted:

This maybe a hugely stupid question, but is the latest the last one? As in the ending?

Hideki Anno has no plans to continue the franchise presently

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Acerbatus posted:

How can you not like the end of Evangelion ending??

Look man, I like Tang, but that's too much tang

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Aurora posted:

whats the watch order for all the post series stuff, should i just go by release date i assume
end of eva, and then just rebuild 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4

death and rebirth exists but is just a recap of the series and the first 20 or so minutes of end of eva

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Would I still like the rebuild ending if I really liked the end of eva ending

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Endorph posted:

rebuild 3 + 1 is the ending of the rebuild movies (and for the time being, eva as a franchise,) yeah

Roger, thank you. Haven't seen it yet and didn't want to google "Rebuild 3+1 is it the ending" for fear of getting spoilers. =)

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

littleorv posted:

Depends on why you liked it

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

littleorv posted:

Possibly?

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

littleorv posted:

Thematically the rebuild ending is something of a continuation of the EoE ending, so maybe probably? I consider EoE to be one of the greatest animated films out there and I really liked rebuild 4, so

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Paper Lion posted:

i still have the really old gurren lagann goonsubs where they actually translated kaminas thing as kick reason to the curb and do the impossible. no idea why no one else subbed the show with such gusto. also the original airing on sci fi of the dub where after the final giga drill breaker and cut to black for commercial, the subway sandwich emerged from the darkness. i dont think lagann sandwich is uploaded anywhere anymore

I had a lot of fun doing the timings for that. I have no memory of how it happened as I wasn't much of an anime watcher, nor an ADTRW poster, nor did I have any experience at all with subtitling.

Pretty sure someone asked in like a different IRC channel and I just said sure and started doing it once I got the raw footage.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, "kick reason to the curb" is not in the official sub?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

littleorv posted:

I think EoE's ending rules and enjoyed 3+1 a lot.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Thank you

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

if yahoo has an outage does arianne sing "tumblr's down tumblr's down tumblr's down"

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

trucutru posted:

Wait, "kick reason to the curb" is not in the official sub?
fresh from netflix, bay bee

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

https://twitter.com/dhlrunner/status/1429804942030606339

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
early Andrew Jackson Jihad is so stupid good

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Paper Lion posted:

As if Kamina knew what reject means.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Paper Lion posted:

jfc thats bland

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I’m the weirdo that didn’t like the ending of Evangelion and am also dissatisfied by the ending of the rebuild movies.

Maybe I just don’t like EVA :shrug:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Aurora posted:

yup

Spiritus Nox posted:

unless

quote:

There's always the 14-year gap in the story, so in some form, I want to shed light into that.

only anno knows

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

hey anyone wanna talk abotu vtubers

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

symbolic posted:

change the thread title to the imgur link

this but ALSO

why the gently caress do you get a metroid as your play icon i been tryna get a basketball icon forever AND I KNOW THEY EXIST CUZ ATHANOS HAS ONE

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

hey anyone wanna talk abotu vtubers

who's your favorite vtuber stair

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

i like Ina

Ina can draw

i think that's a cool talent

Soks
Apr 1, 2006
lol internet
I can't believe you just said you like the scantily clad tentacle monster drawn by the rape obsessed artist of SAO. Gross, close this thread, close this forum. This is why we can't have nice things!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

verbal enema posted:

this but ALSO

why the gently caress do you get a metroid as your play icon i been tryna get a basketball icon forever AND I KNOW THEY EXIST CUZ ATHANOS HAS ONE

game genie

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Soks posted:

I can't believe you just said you like the scantily clad tentacle monster drawn by the rape obsessed artist of SAO. Gross, close this thread, close this forum. This is why we can't have nice things!
please stop.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Aurora posted:

who's your favorite vtuber stair

i watch ame the most i think but i think id rather be irl friends with ina or marine

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

hello

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

i just wanted to say that i enjoy the chill video game streamer what makes the octopus puns and draws the pretty pictures

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

I watched the Girls Und Panzer Anzio OVA and it was fun stuff

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Ina's an amazing artist, and her first name, Ninomae, is a japanese pun -

it's written 一 (one) but pronounced 二の前 [ninomae] (the thing in front of two).

This is my favourite thing about Ina, apart from her awesome art.

Lor
Oct 9, 2006

Spiritus Nox posted:

Cheers, thank you buddy. Good to know. =D

Chicken Thumbs
Oct 21, 2020

Time is dead and meaning has no meaning!
Vtuber Thread Gen 3 is dead, long live the Chat Thread https://youtu.be/TGJ9-1LWFtE

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I like the rabbit and the seal.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
i like jerma985

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

dollhouse stream is genuinely the single greatest piece of content ever produced for the internet, and easily the best multimedia art project/installation of the century