Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Louisgod posted:

why is everything just so loving stupid

Number isn't sad yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

can we monetize positive covid tests.

create a COVID derivative market.

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

the horse paste saga is the funniest poo poo

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Shear Modulus posted:

the horse paste saga is the funniest poo poo

pool supply store hydroxy was funnier

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things
AHHHH lol

*breathless, running, ready to yell, coughing*

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/08/24/passenger-dies-of-covid-19-amid-outbreak-on-carnival-cruise-ship.html

Some dumb fucker seriously died on a cruise ship from covid

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

I'd bet a good chunk of those 10% are business owning chuds and PMC too. Of course lockdowns are popular here because we've seen them work two or three times now, and everyone would prefer a month of WFH holiday (a large chunk of your normal salary paid for by the government) followed by 6 months of totally open suck n gently caress vs. everyone getting sick and dying constantly and forever.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Using The Secret to make ketamine happen

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

Oleandrin also p funny

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

skewetoo posted:

Using The Secret to make ketamine happen

oh gently caress yeah hidin out from covid in my k hole

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Horses are just inherently funnier than flowers or pools.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I need a prescription for Ivermectin, doc. My name? Mike Liddell Pony.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

Steve Yun posted:

I need a prescription for Ivermectin, doc. My name? Mike Liddell Pony.

lmao

edit ahaha what the gently caress is this av

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
If you want a booster just go into Rite Aid and say you qualify, without being specific. No appointment necessary. They won't fight you and they'll write it in on your existing vaccine card (and give you a second card too for some reason).

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
some people this land is made out of blood
COVID's made out of bodies and lungs
bodies and lungs and chuds and bones
a mind that cracks but a ping that's strong

you kill 16 young, what do you get?
nobody seems to notice and then they forget
nancy, know i can't open biden no more
unless that applies to the liquor store.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

mod sassinator posted:

lol they're starting to slow rollout the news that child vaccines are not coming any time soon: https://www.npr.org/sections/back-t...nih-director-sa

reminder that they've known this was the case, no approval before 2022, for at least the last 3 months--maybe even 6 months

How has some variation of the movie John Q not played out yet? Do Americans hate their kids? :psyduck:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
hiding in the k-hole, virus can't see me.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
lol god drat madjackal is a piece of poo poo

MadJackal posted:

It's not just CHUDs.

John_A_Tallon
Nov 22, 2000

Oh my! Check out that mitre!

Hungry posted:

"Your poo poo is so obvious, and we see right through it."

gently caress it, good for them.

The psychopaths pulling the levers of power will initiate a war with China if these obvious gambits to slowing them don't work. They're already crowing about how China's developed a submarine-deployable hypersonic missile, how they're experimenting with converting civilian ferries into amphibious assault landing ships for taking Taiwan, and that's in addition to the usual half-hearted bleating about freedom of navigation in the south seas and human rights.

So yeah, that'll be a shitshow.

Flip Yr Wig
Feb 21, 2007

Oh please do go on
Fun Shoe

Animal-Mother posted:

How has some variation of the movie John Q not played out yet? Do Americans hate their kids? :psyduck:

A third of the country is doing that poo poo to force their kids into the schools.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Animal-Mother posted:

Do Americans hate their kids? :psyduck:

Yes, how did you not figure that out in the last 17 months?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Louisgod posted:

I'm dumb as poo poo but somehow I'm like smarter than 95% people in this cursed country, how

trump

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
ngl wouldn’t turn down some ketamine, better than boofing robotussin

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Zisky posted:

If you want a booster just go into Rite Aid and say you qualify, without being specific. No appointment necessary. They won't fight you and they'll write it in on your existing vaccine card (and give you a second card too for some reason).

I will try that next, thanks! I just got denied at a Safeway pharmacy because I "do not qualify" and that I could try again once I hit my official 8 months. They would rather dump the vaccine down the drain than give me a third shot.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/mannyfidel/status/1430261331295354888

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

My quadruple bypass surviving uncle just got season tickets to ol miss bball, says hes really excited to go to the games

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Arkage posted:

Any recommendations for a clear/transparent mask?

https://twitter.com/masknerd/status/1425178471911809033

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

quote:

Gio wrote on Aug 24, 2021 16:19:
https://www.mlive.com/public-intere...source=facebook

A growing percentage of COVID-19 cases, hospitalizations and deaths are among fully vaccinated individuals as the more infectious delta variant continues to spread.

In the last 30 days, vaccinated individuals in Michigan have represented 23.4% cases, 28.1% of hospitalizations, and nearly 15.4% of COVID-19 deaths, according to data from the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services. That’s 6,151 out of 26,272 total cases, 198 out of 704 total hospitalizations, and 10 out of 65 deaths

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

punissuer posted:

Do we have any info on whether unvaccinated people are MORE likely to spread the virus than unvaccinated people? I know it is now (reluctantly) acknowledged that vaccinated people spread, but do we know to what degree?

cdc leaked slide deck was quoting studies and data that showed near zero different in the amount of virus produced by vaccinated vs. unvaccinated people that were infectious. they're both about 1000x the amount of wild strain. it just seems like if you're vaccinated you have a little higher chance of fighting off a mild encounter with virons

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Animal-Mother posted:

sports radio guy here had a mental breakdown on air back in early summer 2020 because he needed to go play golf and was sleeping in his car in the garage to avoid his kids.

Americans despise their families lol

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Chad nodelphi vs the virgin madjackal

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

legit question, how is this mask a bad thing? Looks like you get pretty good protection and if the intent is to help hearing impaired people then what's the downside

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/Amal4Solutions/status/1429785141380005890?s=20

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Just got the latest covid news from work:

My department - old man and wife (vaxxed) both got breakthrough cases. He sits right next to me so glad I haven’t been going in at all.

Department in my building-
Three employees in their 30s(?) two Unvaxxed and I think one vaxxed. I was gonna meet up with the vaxxed guy at the beach thank goodness I kept putting that off.
Both unvaxxed guys end up in the hospital ICU. One lost 20 lbs and was out in a month. The other apparently checked himself out and is now back in the ICU.

All this is in Florida, aka plague central.

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

Mike the TV posted:

I will try that next, thanks! I just got denied at a Safeway pharmacy because I "do not qualify" and that I could try again once I hit my official 8 months. They would rather dump the vaccine down the drain than give me a third shot.

Also, considering I had to lie to get a shot for myself in April, I am not surprised.

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zeriel posted:

Has Biden signed a single executive order since taking office. Trump was loving trying to ban Muslims from day one and any other crazy bullshit he could think of. Seems there's plenty Biden could do about this but won't to keep from upsetting his base, the republicans.

Democrats are afraid of wielding power and authority, hth

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

Mike the TV posted:

Ymmv but I'd choose a low traffic location too and keep it light with the pharmacist.

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

My quadruple bypass surviving uncle just got season tickets to ol miss bball, says hes really excited to go to the games

one time they (UT) lost to BYU in double overtime and the businesses in the area ended up eating a pretty solid post-game economic loss because everyone forgot that if BYU won, they probably wouldn't be partying in the area bars -- but going back to the Holiday Inn Express to buttchug caffeine-free Pepsi.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

skewetoo posted:

Only 1 fatality on my cruise nbd

actually a pretty normal number of deaths for a cruise btw.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Shitpostradomus posted:

one time they (UT) lost to BYU in double overtime and the businesses in the area ended up eating a pretty solid post-game economic loss because everyone forgot that if BYU won, they probably wouldn't be partying in the area bars -- but going back to the Holiday Inn Express to buttchug caffeine-free Pepsi.

lmao