Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Had to look it up since I swear I read an article about it and here we are

Strange is following up on something that happened to Peter and is dealing with Mephisto himself.

I remember now, but there's been zero followup on that outside of those panels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I didn't see Spider-Man get hit by a brick, this ain't my Spider-Man.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

I just wanna watch the world burn so I'm hoping they kept Goblin off screen because it's Dane DeHaan.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

theironjef posted:

I just wanna watch the world burn so I'm hoping they kept Goblin off screen because it's Dane DeHaan.

If they hadn’t revealed Molina on-screen they could have done the ultimate switch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBJjw2jX9eE

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007
Shang-Chi: it's fine, with some pretty strong action scenes!
One of it's bigger problems is that Simu Liu, try as he might, cannot compete with Tony Leung's screen presence.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Yannick_B posted:

Shang-Chi: it's fine, with some pretty strong action scenes!
One of it's bigger problems is that Simu Liu, try as he might, cannot compete with Tony Leung's screen presence.
I think I saw that in another review as well

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
Wait, isn't the next Doctor Strange movie coming up really soon? It seems weird that he's so heavily involved with this movie with his own right around the corner.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's apparently the very next Marvel movie after Spider-Man, releasing in March, which is... kind of absurd, yeah. I did not realize it was so soon.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
feige is just really excited about the multiverse concept

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Cumberbatch has a lotta free time now that Sherlock is thankfully no longer being made

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's not necessarily a buddy cop movie here, for all we know Strange has as much screen time here as he did in Ragnarok

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Karloff posted:

It's also a long shot, but, with all this multiverse stuff and Maguire and Garfield returning I could see some executive at Sony thinking "we can do Spider-Man 4 and The Amazing Spider-Man 3 while also continuing the Holland films". Spider-Man is the biggest thing they got, and they've tried to milk it with villain films, but having an excuse to make as many Spider-Man films as possible has probably crossed someone's mind.

Finally, he can do all the sick ollies and kick-flips they wanted while Macy Gray sings a tune

JordanKai posted:

I think it's kind of funny that they're leaning so heavily on the Raimi villains considering the fact that most of them were redeemed by the end of their respective films. I don't want Alfred Molina to be evil again after he sacrificed himself. :(

He stays redeemed, sees what a dimbulb MCU Peter can be, thinks "well poo poo I could do a better job than that", and we get Superior Spidey :getin:

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
FWIW, the trailer doesn't actually show Molina's Doc Ock fighting Spiderman, it could just be another misleadingly editted MCU trailer...

"Hello Peter"
"Oh thank goodness you're here, Otto, gimme a hand! Or three!"

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i figured that fakeout would be that he's talking to tobey and not tom

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Karloff posted:

It's also a long shot, but, with all this multiverse stuff and Maguire and Garfield returning I could see some executive at Sony thinking "we can do Spider-Man 4 and The Amazing Spider-Man 3 while also continuing the Holland films".

Bring it on, truly embrace the multiverse concept of making continuity confusing as poo poo. Crisis on Infinite MCUs coming 2027, baby.

Karloff posted:

I don't know, I think if it's a multiverse fakeout like Wandavision, then people'll riot.

Well now I only want that more.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

It actually makes plenty of sense when you realize they can just film it all at once

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Just name each film sequel the #1 of a new series like comics do every 6 months.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
This entire phase is just going to be increasingly convoluted multiverse fakeouts until suddenly they introduce Captain Britain in the end credits of Blade.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Captain Britain Corps in the MCU makes no sense but I want it anyway. Go get Henry Cavill and do it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

X-O posted:

Captain Britain Corps in the MCU makes no sense but I want it anyway. Go get Henry Cavill and do it.

Hell no, Cavill is MCU Hercules or nothing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rhyno posted:

I still want them for Hyperion, that would be hilarious

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

twistedmentat posted:

It's anecdotal, but I have been seeing pretty lukewarm reactions to the Eternals trailer from people. They don't get who these people are, the idea that they're not helping defeat Thanos and stuff is confusing people and the enemies just being some kind of monster isn't really catching on. Marvel people know what's going on, whats with the deviants and the celestials, but i don't know where the trailer is failing to catch on with people who aren't familiar with that stuff. Seeing a Kirby Celestial is amazing to me, but I've seen people just being confused. Maybe this is getting into the esoteric marvel stuff that goes over peoples heads?

Also, whomever changed my avatar and text, you lost me my gang tags, and that's what really hurts.

I’ve been reading comics for about 35 years and I can’t think of many times the eternals have been more than bit players in someone else’s drama. They’ve not really managed to be a popular ongoing in that entire span, and usually at most you’d have one guesting in an Avengers book or more likely an X-men book for 10 or so comics before they disappear into the same ether that contains the inhumans and Alpha Flight.

This isn’t even like Guardians which had a wildly successful book proving that the chemistry behind space adventuring oddballs may just be a good format. I’m gonna watch it, but it’s going to be because they are going to introduce some connected macguffin or something. Not because I know or care about any of them.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rhyno posted:

Really? This is Superman we're talking about. If they snag Cavill from the competition, they gotta give him something A-list. Top tier hero stuff. And you just want a whole movie based on that one shot in Man of Steel with his beard and hairy chest and ok I see your point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Did you not watch the Witcher?

With the pecs and all that?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Rhyno posted:

Did you not watch the Witcher?

With the pecs and all that?

I'm... agreeing with you...

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I feel like insanely handsome, horny pansexual Hercules is exactly the third man we need to add on to the Thor/StarLord buddy comedy team.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Rhymenoserous posted:

I’ve been reading comics for about 35 years and I can’t think of many times the eternals have been more than bit players in someone else’s drama. They’ve not really managed to be a popular ongoing in that entire span, and usually at most you’d have one guesting in an Avengers book or more likely an X-men book for 10 or so comics before they disappear into the same ether that contains the inhumans and Alpha Flight.

This isn’t even like Guardians which had a wildly successful book proving that the chemistry behind space adventuring oddballs may just be a good format. I’m gonna watch it, but it’s going to be because they are going to introduce some connected macguffin or something. Not because I know or care about any of them.

Sersi was on the Jacket Avengers

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Old Kentucky Shark posted:

I feel like insanely handsome, horny pansexual Hercules is exactly the third man we need to add on to the Thor/StarLord buddy comedy team.

Peter getting matched with increasingly hotter and buffer dudes is a trend I’m all for.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Just name each film sequel the #1 of a new series like comics do every 6 months.

"Okay, so this arc is going to be Spiderman 3, Strange 2, Ant-Man 3 and then Thor 5."
"Ant-Man? He isn't part of this."
"Cross-promotion. Spidey gets thrown through his house and just roll with it from there."

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/wonder_phoenix/status/1430234430140977157?s=21

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
nickelback will be the concert going on during the macguire spidey scene

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

.....plus Saliva.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Peter getting matched with increasingly hotter and buffer dudes is a trend I’m all for.

Scene: Nu-Gamora walks into a rad space bar. She sees a man seated at the bar, looking morose but absolutely gorgeous. She takes the seat next to him and from up close he's breathtakingly beautiful, chiseled and impeccably dressed. He heaves a heavy sigh, clearly hoping to be noticed, and idly swirls the straw around his drink.

"What's your story, stranger?" Gamora finally offers, despite herself.

"Oh, I'm just feeling a little down and vulnerable" says the man, looking up and subtly smirking through his gloomy facade "you see, my brother died recently."

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Who's a current day Nickelback substitute? Rock music is mostly dead in the mainstream so what's a really lame pop group?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Imagine Dragons.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

You know now I think about it, No Way Home kind of seems to be taking cues from JMS' issue #500 story, only with Peter getting bounced round the Multiverse instead of through his own timeline.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Imagine Dragons.

Eh, maybe 4 years ago.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

X-O posted:

Who's a current day Nickelback substitute? Rock music is mostly dead in the mainstream so what's a really lame pop group?

It feels weird to say this since they were already big when Nickelback were at their peak, but Maroon 5.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I can't believe this trailer has made me excited for old villains. I'm not even as big a fan of Raimi Doc Ock as I used to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I have no doubt that No Way Home will be great, I loved the last 2, but this trailer hasn't gotten me hyped the way it has everyone else I guess.

I mean all the trailer says to me is they're attempting One More Day and are including characters from Spider-Man movies I liked less.