Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sad Billionaire
Mar 31, 2009

What a twist
Fan of Britches

AppleNippleBOB posted:

just skipped 1200 posts to ask this one...

My pay is being docked for missing work due to covid quarantine, which is hosed because they're saying I missed 5 days (it was more like 5.5), although we're allotted 10 sick days for covid (per email from the boss - a while ago, at the end of December).

To top that off, company has received 2 PPP loans, each around 300k for our staff.

The gently caress?

Is that legal?

US DOL posted:

Employers are not required to provide employees with FFCRA leave after December 31, 2020, but employers who choose to provide such leave between January 1, 2021 and September 30, 2021 may be eligible for employer tax credits. Information about claiming the tax credits for paid sick leave or paid family leave wages can be found on the IRS website at:

Might be more to it than that, though. Call a lawyer for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Steve Yun posted:

BNO often posts twice, just gotta wait for the evening number

https://twitter.com/drjeannem/status/1430270257004904449?s=21
lol and these are just the cases where the chuds realized they hosed up

RoboChrist 9000
Dec 14, 2006

Mater Dolorosa

Filthy Hans posted:

also the vast majority of people who are struck by lightning survive the ordeal

Is that actually true? I know it's pretty drat rare for people to be directly struck, but considering the insane temperatures involved - literally able to create glass (fulgurites) - I find it shocking that anyone survives at all (I know they do, and it leaves badass scars) but legit have a hard time believing most survive it.

eddyc49
Aug 25, 2004

Sweet_Joke_Nectar posted:

Ok, that was a concept I wasn't grasping earlier - that makes a lot of sense, thank you. With no contact tracing, it means you can't really keep track of the people who don't get it, because they have no reason to go and check. It'd only be with constant tracking of every infected person and every vaccinated person they come into contact with, and testing all parties, that it'd be possible to tell, so those numbers are pretty meaningless. Is that the takeaway from this?

Here's another data point for you from today:
https://www.bostonherald.com/2021/0...ted-people/amp/

"The breakthrough cases are making up about one-third of the state’s overall cases"

That's consistent with the past month and a half in Massachusetts.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
hahaha first Mississippi poison control, then Alabama, now Florida

https://twitter.com/floridapoison/status/1430278382210600963?s=21

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug

AppleNippleBOB posted:

just skipped 1200 posts to ask this one...

My pay is being docked for missing work due to covid quarantine, which is hosed because they're saying I missed 5 days (it was more like 5.5), although we're allotted 10 sick days for covid (per email from the boss - a while ago, at the end of December).

To top that off, company has received 2 PPP loans, each around 300k for our staff.

The gently caress?

Is that legal?

The federal govt was repaying covid absence/quarantine pay with tax credits to employers. That program ended about a month ago. Sorry bud.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

ivermectin rules

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Google Butt posted:

ivermectin rules

it's insanely funny

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Steve Yun posted:

BNO often posts twice, just gotta wait for the evening number

https://twitter.com/drjeannem/status/1430270257004904449?s=21

The phrase "more than doubled" suggests that there was already a significant presence of people eating the buttworm paste previously that this has only contributed to, as opposed to an ephemeral phenomenon

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.
if it wasn't for my horse paste, i would have never spent that year in college

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

I’ll take Leper's Colony! But I’m going to say it!!!
We are witnessing mass murder in our medical facilities!!! Refusing a safe cure for Covid-19, because there are no insurance payouts! These PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED! THIS IS SICK!
Ivermectin properly administered is saving lives! Wake up people! We Have A cure for this pandemic! This is atrocious! Makes you wonder if the Doctors that aren’t allowing ivermectin for their patients, have it in their cabinet at home!!!

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Schnorkles posted:

some of us have been beating the 92-94% efficacy is not immunity drum for awhile now

ofc

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011

𓀬𓀠𓀟𓀡𓀢𓀣𓀤𓀥𓀞𓀬
how the gently caress have US healthcare workers not gone insane?

Rauros
Aug 25, 2004

wanna go grub thumping?

Google Butt posted:

ivermectin rules

it was a thing briefly and then seemed to disappear, but it came ROARING back!

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HiHo ChiRho posted:

I’ll take Leper's Colony! But I’m going to say it!!!
We are witnessing mass murder in our medical facilities!!! Refusing a safe cure for Covid-19, because there are no insurance payouts! These PEOPLE SHOULD BE ASHAMED! THIS IS SICK!
Ivermectin properly administered is saving lives! Wake up people! We Have A cure for this pandemic! This is atrocious! Makes you wonder if the Doctors that aren’t allowing ivermectin for their patients, have it in their cabinet at home!!!

Thoughts and Prayers

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Google Butt posted:

lol this poo poo is loving insane bro, people don't give a gently caress or are even aware anything is happening, young people are getting smokified daily and people are going blind from horse paste. i need a nap lmfao hell yeah dude

lmao

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Will donating blood be able to determine if you have (a) covid antibodies and (b) if they are from actual covid or the vaccine?

Does any place do more indepth antibody testing? I'd be curious what I got floating around in my blood.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
I really want to taste the forbidden medicine

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
hi hello i am a scientist and i am here to tell you that ivermectin works best if taken as a suppository

T-Paine
Dec 12, 2007

Sitting in the Costco food court unmasked, Bible in hand, reading my favorite Psalms to my five children: Abel, Bethany, Carlos, Carlos, and Carlos.

Buck Turgidson posted:

how the gently caress have US healthcare workers not gone insane?

quitting

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

RoboChrist 9000 posted:

Is that actually true? I know it's pretty drat rare for people to be directly struck, but considering the insane temperatures involved - literally able to create glass (fulgurites) - I find it shocking that anyone survives at all (I know they do, and it leaves badass scars) but legit have a hard time believing most survive it.

yes it's true, the current usually passes on the outside of your skin rather than through your body, sometimes people get blown out of their shoes or their clothes get blown off - it's because the sweat and moisture on their skin conducted the electricity and got so hot it vaporized and blew the articles of clothing off

90% of lightning strike victims survive

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

the ultimate in funny would be horse paste actually proving to be efficacious

Blitter
Mar 16, 2011

Intellectual
AI Enthusiast

Louisgod posted:

legit question, how is this mask a bad thing? Looks like you get pretty good protection and if the intent is to help hearing impaired people then what's the downside

You may be confused with a cheap sex pest robot!

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
BOFA saves lives

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
I haven’t laughed at this many people giving themselves liver damage since alcohol was invented

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

https://twitter.com/ggooooddddoogg/status/1430292357220474882

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Good Citizen posted:

I really want to taste the forbidden medicine

my daughter had pinworms a couple weeks back (pretty common in kids) and I did have to buy a dewormer, which the whole family has to take, and it tasted exactly like banana runts. I'm convinced people have the same taste gene for banana runts as they do for cilantro as you either loving love it or loving hate it. I hate it.

Innocuous
Mar 1, 2003

It's a strange world.

past few months have firmly convinced me that there is no problem this country is capable of solving that doesn't involve streamlining the ingestion of corn syrup

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

Pillowpants posted:

I cannot wait for all the new job opportunities when companies start mandating the vaccine and people start quitting

Joe Strummer In Heaven, Probably posted:

They offered me the office, offered me the shot
They said I'd better take anything they'd got
Do ya wanna post succ on D&D
Do ya wanna be, lol, no one wants to be a cop

Career opportunity is finally gonna knock
every job they offer ya, ya have to have the shot
Career opportunity, vaxx up, and it's finally gonna knock.

I hate ICE and I hate the RCMP
I don't wanna go fighting in the portland streets
I hate the civil service rules
And chuds are the ones, sending letter bombs to youuuuuuuuuu

Career, Career, Career, well you better get the shot

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.

Blitter posted:

You may be confused with a cheap sex pest robot!

mf doom???

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

jesus christ lmao

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Thoguh posted:

Welp my wife's grandpa is undergoing surgery for a bunch of things wrong with his bladder and also he can't walk because of a badly infected knee and who boy am I hoping he pulls through and also retains the desire and will to live for a few months so we have time to figure out how things will work that don't end up with just my wife being super exposed to COVID from multiple people since they live in a town that's maybe 1/3 vaxxed and while her immediate family is vaxxed they are very open Biden.

Also look forward to getting in a fight about not taking the baby with her because I know that once she gets there a bunch of unplanned people will show up, either maskless or in cloth masks at best, and want to hold her and she will fold immediately and hand her over rather than disappoint some random cousin.

"Take him out of the baby stroller? Oh, can't be doing that ya see *tap* *tap* it's the Popemobile: For Kids!"

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

Bearjew posted:

where's my horse paste

the first segment from creepshow except horse paste instead of cake

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

The only real problem with ivermectin is that it's only lethal in very high doses. Ideally we need to find a substance that is painlessly but inevitably lethal and promote it as the next miracle cure. "Carbon Monoxide prevents you from ever getting COVID, or any other disease, ever again! One weird trick liberals hate!"

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

https://twitter.com/cal50/status/1430057935657480232?s=20

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

are these folks who think they're deworming their body just making GBS threads out their intestines or what?

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I'm just so tired of it all.

*sigh*

I have information that will lead to the arrest of Hillary Clinton.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lmfao good loving lord

someone quick change this from a brain to a butt :brainworms:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

rope worms are apparently just the remnants of their hosed up bowels
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rope_worms

it gets worse because people think these worms cause autism and do poo poo to their kids to "cure" them. we need a US Cultural Revolution.