Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Strong Sauce posted:

i'm trying to find mill cards in future standard. "O:mill" works, but i also want to search for cards with exile from library or the like so i want to search also for cards that have both "exile" and "library" so it doesn't return cards with exile in them.

scryfall doesn't like it when i use parenthesis so `o:mill OR (o:exile and o:library)` and `o:mills OR o:exile and o:library` seems to be returning cards with only library in the text. also my full search to include future standard seems to be broken: "f:future o:mills OR o:exile and o:library" it's returning non-standard cards.

both "f:standard and (o:mill or (o:exile and o:library))" and "f:future and (o:mill or (o:exile and o:library))" seem to be working correctly for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

is that good
Apr 14, 2012

Strong Sauce posted:

i'm trying to find mill cards in future standard. "O:mill" works, but i also want to search for cards with exile from library or the like so i want to search also for cards that have both "exile" and "library" so it doesn't return cards with just exile or library in them.

scryfall doesn't like it when i use parenthesis so `o:mill OR (o:exile and o:library)` doesn't work. and `o:mills OR o:exile and o:library` seems to be returning cards with only library in the text. also my full search to include future standard seems to be broken: "f:future o:mills OR o:exile and o:library" it's returning non-standard cards.

The binary logic combinations have pretty loose associativity, so you want "f:future (kw:mill or (o:exile o:library))".

E: Also function:mill will catch most of the exile cards without including a bunch of other stuff.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

ah much thanks. this looks like what i want!

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Sauron as a classic werewolf flip card

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I know its not what you ment, but wizards just randomly giving Sauron the creature type werewolf would be funny as heck

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
I will be writing a stern letter if Gandalf is a human and not an angel.

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Sauron, that dude who isn't actually a big eye, Pete. 5BBRR

Legendary Creature - Werewolf Shapeshifter Demigod

Menace, Double Strike, Indestructible

Orcs you control get +1/+1 and have Menace.

When Sauron, Melkor's Good Lil' Pupper enters the battlefield, if you control an equipment named The One Ring, shuffle it into your library and create 9 2/2 Zombie Noble tokens named Nazgul.

As long as he's not equipped with The One Ring, Sauron loses Indestructible, has base power 0, can't attack or block and is a Spirit in addition to his other creature types.

7/8

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

I know its not what you ment, but wizards just randomly giving Sauron the creature type werewolf would be funny as heck

It is what I meant, read the Silmarillion!!

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Just catching up, but god is this a tough watch. I don't remember the Ikoria one last year to be so bad, maybe was different watching it live somehow.

I love the Olivia art they showed, feel like it's not the style for a regular card, think it might be for a variant? Double Feature sounds like it could be fun, but I want to know is that the entire Midnight Hunt/Crimson Vow combined limited or will we back able to draft the two sets together somehow? It sounds like they are doing a format like Kaladesh/Amonkhet remastered, without the waiting.

New Kamigawa sounds really cool, I like that they've basically reworked the plane rather than returning to it more or less as it was, seems like it could appeal to the people who liked the original whilst addressing some of the issues it had. Will be interesting to see how modernity is handled in a "canon" set, and I could see that actually be part of a modernity/tradition theme.

New Capenna is a really strong theme as well, and again seems to push into new space. I thought it was interesting they said the families are "three colour" without specifying wedges or shards, could it be asymmetric? Each one having a keyword makes me think that in terms of gameplay this could be as good as Khans or a Ravnica set.

No strong feelings about Dominaria United, probably will be fine, Brothers War should allow some cool stuff.

Glad to see Pioneer support, those sounds like they could be decent decks, probably missing some rare lands but I've been playing historic Orzhov Auras so could well pick up the Pioneer counterpart and drop the lands in or w/e

Companion app sounds very useful, but also really should have existed years ago so big TOs didn't have to try to make their own systems to manage big tournaments. The store championship prize cards are kind of a neat idea, but lol putting the store's name on them probably destroys their resale value.

Brandon Routh is a good get for the TV show, but you know they called Henry Cavill first.

CatstropheWaitress
Nov 26, 2017

Really want to set up a betting pod of what year various franchises will cross-over into MTG now.

Pokemon - 2023, maybe 2024.
Final Fantasy - 2024
Fast & Furious - 2023
Star Wars - 2025
Marvel - 2025
Nintendo - 2026
DC - 2027
U.S. Presidents - 2027
SNL - 2028
Hasbro Board Games - 2028
Great Literary (out of copyright) Heroes - 2029
Polly Pocket - 2030

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
Honestly i like kamigawa mostly bc unlike every other goddamn fantasy series they actually bothered wondering how tech would evolve after 1000 years on a plane

Too bad they hosed it up by not doing that on tarkir

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
Want a new blue gangster era tap to scry called "Looky Lou"

TotalHell
Feb 22, 2005

Roman Reigns fights CM Punk in fantasy warld. Lotsa violins, so littl kids cant red it.

The World Inferno posted:

Really want to set up a betting pod of what year various franchises will cross-over into MTG now.

Final Fantasy - 2024
Fast & Furious - 2023
Star Wars - 2025
Marvel - 2025
Nintendo - 2026
DC - 2027
U.S. Presidents - 2027
SNL - 2028
Polly Pocket - 2030

Move Star Wars and Marvel up, Disney and Hasbro would love to do a deal I bet.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Final Fantasy - 2024
Fast & Furious - 2023
Star Wars - 2025
Marvel - 2025
Nintendo - 2026
DC - 2027
U.S. Presidents - 2027
SNL - 2028
Polly Pocket - 2030

If I can have The Rock drive a sports car into an Eldrazi I'll take back every complaint I've ever made about crossover bullshit.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

Honestly i like kamigawa mostly bc unlike every other goddamn fantasy series they actually bothered wondering how tech would evolve after 1000 years on a plane

Too bad they hosed it up by not doing that on tarkir

Yeah that's actually a big pet peeve of mine with medieval fantasy settings. Every loving medieval fantasy setting wants you to believe that there was a kingdom 10000 years ago ruled by an ancestor of a main character and that technology and the method of governance has pretty much stayed the same in that time.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I really don't want IPs shoe-horned into modern unless I am bring a Gollum back with Lurrus and sacking it every turn.

But seriously, I don't. Throw that poo poo to the Commander players who don't understand you can stop someone in their draw step.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Art deco demon ganster set looks cool as hell.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Final Fantasy - 2024

Square Enix already has a final fantasy tcg.

Which for some absolutely stupid reason is something other than triple triad.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

My biggest complaint in all this is that there's no way the art deco is going to be tasteful, it's gonna be maximum gold and pokey bits on every surface.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
lol at all the boomers itt pretending that a fortnite crossover is somehow more embarrassing than whatever nerd media that they personally enjoy

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
It's the LotR crossover based on the books, based on the Peter Jackson movies, or based on the upcoming unnecessary sure-to-be-terrible Amazon show?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

TheKingofSprings posted:

Honestly my take after seeing the amount of cards they're flooding formats with is that we need a Magic equivalent for :filez:

xmage?

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Jabor posted:

It's the LotR crossover based on the books, based on the Peter Jackson movies, or based on the upcoming unnecessary sure-to-be-terrible Amazon show?

I think just directly on the books, they showed Gandalf not looking like McKellen with eyebrows that protrude over the brim of his hat like the old Hobbit comic.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

little munchkin posted:

lol at all the boomers itt pretending that a fortnite crossover is somehow more embarrassing than whatever nerd media that they personally enjoy
lol at the zoomers itt who don't understand the difference between embarrassing and distasteful

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
lol at goons

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

lol

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

DangerDongs posted:

I really don't want IPs shoe-horned into modern unless I am bring a Gollum back with Lurrus and sacking it every turn.

But seriously, I don't. Throw that poo poo to the Commander players who don't understand you can stop someone in their draw step.

lmao look at this dork that never got got by a draw step Notion Thief

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Yawgmoth posted:

lol at the zoomers itt who don't understand the difference between embarrassing and distasteful

lmao no one on this forum is a zoomer, theyd be too embarrassed to post with us

Judgy Fucker
Mar 24, 2006

AngryBooch posted:

I want sagas in the LotR set called:

The Fellowship of the Ring, The Two Towers, and The Return of the King.

The Fall of Numenor

The War of the Last Alliance

The Quest for Erebor

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The Neverending Story where it's last chapter removes all chapter counters.

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Silhouette posted:

I counter them Notion Nerds.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Silhouette posted:

What does notion thief do during someone's draw step that I'm missing? It seems like nothing unless they're drawing extra cards.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
yeah NThief in response to Brainstorm is the go to humiliation

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

whats the abbreviation gonna be for double masters 2? 2x2? 2m2? DM2? 2xm2? has an official set gone with 4 letters?

Silhouette
Nov 16, 2002

SONIC BOOM!!!

Strong Sauce posted:

whats the abbreviation gonna be for double masters 2? 2x2? 2m2? DM2? 2xm2? has an official set gone with 4 letters?

8=D

Magnetic North
Dec 15, 2008

Beware the Forest's Mushrooms

mandatory lesbian posted:

lmao no one on this forum is a zoomer, theyd be too embarrassed to post with us

That's a common misconception. It's actually because the rest of us hosed up the world so bad that they don't have the :10bux: for Lowtax's Jeffy's Spine Fund.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

StrugglingHoneybun posted:

Want a new blue gangster era tap to scry called "Looky Lou"

Creature type - Palooka

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I can't see "Great Literary (out of copyright) Heroes" anytime soon, except in the way they already do.

They're not going to do "Actual Edmond Dantes" when they can do "Totally Edmond Dantes but actually a copyrightable Wizards OC"

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
My problem with the crossovers is that they are largely the most boring, obvious ones, except Street Fighter, which is hilarious.

I’ll say this about the Fortnite crossover: at least it isn’t meant specifically for men in their forties, unlike the bulk of the previous crossovers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Silhouette posted:

Sauron, that dude who isn't actually a big eye, Pete. 5BBRR

Legendary Creature - Werewolf Shapeshifter Demigod

Menace, Double Strike, Indestructible

Orcs you control get +1/+1 and have Menace.

When Sauron, Melkor's Good Lil' Pupper enters the battlefield, if you control an equipment named The One Ring, shuffle it into your library and create 9 2/2 Zombie Noble tokens named Nazgul.

As long as he's not equipped with The One Ring, Sauron loses Indestructible, has base power 0, can't attack or block and is a Spirit in addition to his other creature types.

7/8

If you're gonna make him find the ring to not be lovely, you can make him cost like 3.