Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I enjoyed them at the time because a lot of us were under the collective delusion that Bernie had a shot within the Democratic party apparatus lol. I don't think I could listen to them now. The one-two punch of Covid and our brief "lockdown" and the subsequent economic contractions made even Bernie's plank mostly irrelevant, even if he hadn't been dealt with by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

the online/chapo rhetoric about two fairly mild backbenchers, bernie & corbyn was over-the-top when you think about it - "bend the knee" stands up there with 2016 hillary D&D "show the map"

everyone used to go through the one quixotic politician they got over-invested in but with SA and social media, we get to do a speed run through a new candidate every 4 years

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

a Loving Dog posted:

I’m sick of seeing the stupid Obama avatar and the bad posts next to it

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

shrike82 posted:

the online/chapo rhetoric about two fairly mild backbenchers, bernie & corbyn was over-the-top when you think about it - "bend the knee" stands up there with 2016 hillary D&D "show the map"

to be fair this is also what everyone assumed trump was until he won, so bernie doing the same thing where he slowly ekes out the nomination over all the rubes scrambling over each other didnt seem that farfetched until super tuesday

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Trabisnikof posted:

It’s from the phrase “a dollop of cum” hth

theres only room in my life for one cum-based podcast

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

shrike82 posted:

everyone used to go through the one quixotic politician they got over-invested in but with SA and social media, we get to do a speed run through a new candidate every 4 years

They were just matching the cuntitude of vote blue no matter who pundits

Mythical Moderate
Jul 5, 2002

My heart and actions are utterly unclouded. They are all those of 'Justice'.

Gripweed posted:

the best part is when they are unable to follow the plot of Dragon Ball Super because it's too complex and subtle for them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqg9jKoaFfs

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
People are allowed to like or dislike different podcasts

Except trueanon, you have to like it or else 👁️

tiberion02
Mar 26, 2007

People tend to make the common mistake of believing that a situation will last forever.
Chapo Bernie episodes are bad now because we got owned.

He did win the first 3 primaries though, and noone ever did that before... sure, everything mightve fallen apart later on even if the dems didnt stoop the that level of depravity, but c'est la vie...

Sowing, Reaping

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

shrike, you can keep trying to post in here but you'll never be one of us.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

shrike, you can keep trying to post in here but you'll never be one of us.

Goo ba goo

MSDOS KAPITAL
Jun 25, 2018

p sure shrike is one of these sickos who has so fully fetishized his own social alienation that any sense of "belonging," even to some forgotten internet forum, would probably give him irl ed

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

i'm not sure what "one of us" is but i remember taintrunner was part of it for a while

some podcast episodes are good, some are bad - i don't view consuming them as politics so :shrug:

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Even given Bernies eventual defeat and selling out it was probably a good thing that the chapos energized so many people to actually go out and engage others wrt leftist issues. Unfortunately their “this is it: the last off-ramp” narrative during the primary meant that many of those people just gave up after Bernie lost and now seem content wallowing in the inevitable future where capital destroys the earth.

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Xaris posted:

i never listened to this podcast before and i tried listening to the matt episode and it's loving horrible. jesus christ

I used to have a crush on one of the hosts because they lived in the same neighborhood and we had mutuals. Then I found out at a party that they were a podcaster. Now I feel nothing but disgust at them and my self.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

TheSlutPit posted:

Unfortunately their “this is it: the last off-ramp” narrative during the primary meant that many of those people just gave up after Bernie lost and now seem content wallowing in the inevitable future where capital destroys the earth.

They're right

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

shrike82 posted:

i'm not sure what "one of us" is but i remember taintrunner was part of it for a while

You're not gonna belong here because you were too racist for DnD. It's only a matter of time before the shoe drops on that here and you have to find some other forum to go stink up.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

TheMightyBoops posted:

gently caress the European tour episodes sucked; I don’t know if this was the same time frame, but I think it was.

Felix calling Dublin “Wakanda for people from
Boston” is one of the funniest things said on the show

TheSlutPit
Dec 26, 2009

Wolfsheim posted:

They're right

You are a serf. Bitch, you live in Alsace. You are a peasant. You need to give your fuckin' lord the grain. Your loving children, you've had 15 children. You've never taken a bath. You've literally never. washed. your. penis. You've never used toilet paper. Motherfucker, you have worms. You are dying. You've had 40 children, 3 of them are alive. 2 of them are child soldiers in the Duke's army.
Bitch, the greatest thing you can hope for is to die at the old age of 36. You loving can't read. You don't know what TV is. If you were transported into today, you would be the worst gamer of all time. You don't know poo poo. You literally probably don't even know what the direction 'left' is. I'm sure some Medieval guy is gonna get mad at me for this, bitch I've been to the Renaissance Fair. I've eaten a large turkey wing, which the Juggalos call 'bitch beaters', which I think is problematic but a funny thing to call them.
Motherfucker, you gotta recognize where you are, and then you gotta get past that. You gotta be unemotional. You can't sink into this hole. You live in the oubliette. Your job is to crawl up the ladder, motherfucker. You live in the HOLE. You're in the HOLE. You are a RAT. And the rat, when he's in the hole gets hosed. People only throw trash in the hole.
You need to eat a body. And you need to carry the plague. And you need to carry a plague around this whole world, that will change this whole fuckin world. And all your enemies will vomit black bile and will choke on blood and will grow boils and die. But only if you get together with your other RATS. And you come up with some kind of super plague, to fuckin end your enemies and...
End. This. Nightmare.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

weekly font posted:

Felix calling Dublin “Wakanda for people from
Boston” is one of the funniest things said on the show

Im already dug in; I’m required to say it’s all bad now.

That is true though.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

TheSlutPit posted:

Even given Bernies eventual defeat and selling out it was probably a good thing that the chapos energized so many people to actually go out and engage others wrt leftist issues. Unfortunately their “this is it: the last off-ramp” narrative during the primary meant that many of those people just gave up after Bernie lost and now seem content wallowing in the inevitable future where capital destroys the earth.

Matt's entire narrative of needing to build a coalition so communism can flourish after we die rings hollow coming from the man who used to meltdown about climate change.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

TheSlutPit posted:

You are a serf. Bitch, you live in Alsace. You are a peasant. You need to give your fuckin' lord the grain. Your loving children, you've had 15 children. You've never taken a bath. You've literally never. washed. your. penis. You've never used toilet paper. Motherfucker, you have worms. You are dying. You've had 40 children, 3 of them are alive. 2 of them are child soldiers in the Duke's army.
Bitch, the greatest thing you can hope for is to die at the old age of 36. You loving can't read. You don't know what TV is. If you were transported into today, you would be the worst gamer of all time. You don't know poo poo. You literally probably don't even know what the direction 'left' is. I'm sure some Medieval guy is gonna get mad at me for this, bitch I've been to the Renaissance Fair. I've eaten a large turkey wing, which the Juggalos call 'bitch beaters', which I think is problematic but a funny thing to call them.
Motherfucker, you gotta recognize where you are, and then you gotta get past that. You gotta be unemotional. You can't sink into this hole. You live in the oubliette. Your job is to crawl up the ladder, motherfucker. You live in the HOLE. You're in the HOLE. You are a RAT. And the rat, when he's in the hole gets hosed. People only throw trash in the hole.
You need to eat a body. And you need to carry the plague. And you need to carry a plague around this whole world, that will change this whole fuckin world. And all your enemies will vomit black bile and will choke on blood and will grow boils and die. But only if you get together with your other RATS. And you come up with some kind of super plague, to fuckin end your enemies and...
End. This. Nightmare.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

shrike82 posted:

ben the knee to china

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ughhhh posted:

I used to have a crush on one of the hosts because they lived in the same neighborhood and we had mutuals. Then I found out at a party that they were a podcaster. Now I feel nothing but disgust at them and my self.

long island sounds like a hell of a place

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

TheSlutPit posted:

End. This. Nightmare.

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > CIA-SPAM > [Podcasts] You've literally never. washed. your. penis.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

tokin opposition posted:

People are allowed to like or dislike different podcasts

Except trueanon, you have to like it or else 👁️

or else Brace uses his YPG connections to call in a NATO airstrike?

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

lmfao

ughhhh posted:

oh yeah. i'm sure you heard they were a podcaster and rejected them. they were loving GURNING for you

Prince Myshkin
Jun 17, 2018

tiberion02 posted:

Chris Hedges remains (probably) the best living public intellectual... not that Richard Wolff is far behind! Shouts out to the best boy Green Glennwald.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCuf86tbbXs

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

richard wolff is like chomsky in that he's spent his entire career inveighing against capitalism and then he falls flat at the conclusion by arguing for incrementalism i.e., co-ops within the existing system

he had a bizarre recent youtube cast where he was praising the Chinese economic system and argued that the current relationship between US companies like Walmart and Chinese manufacturers is good for both countries

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

shrike82 posted:

the current relationship between US companies like Walmart and Chinese manufacturers is good for both countries

this is false? why do you think that?

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

TheSlutPit posted:

End. This. Nightmare.

trup

puppets freak me out
Dec 18, 2015

TheSlutPit posted:

End. This. Nightmare.

I agree, brace fuckin rocks

Often Abbreviated
Dec 19, 2017

1st Severia Tank Brigade
"Ghosts of Honcharivske"

Mr Hootington posted:

Matt's entire narrative of needing to build a coalition so communism can flourish after we die rings hollow coming from the man who used to meltdown about climate change.

I don't think he's stopped melting down about climate change. He's "yes and"ing melting down about climate change.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Wolfsheim posted:

He was on a lot until the week covid ramped up and Bernie definitively got owned and I remember matt shouting him down for still having hope or something and then he wasn't on again for like six months, and then he came back and said like five words per episode until he left :shrug:

there was a funny joke about making alex morse cum in there somewhere

also i saw the dollop live and it was enjoyable evening out with a friend.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

I saw TrueAnon live in late 2019. It was only a few months after they started the podcast so I don't think they realized how popular they already were. It was in a tiny bar in SF's Make Out Room, and the line to get in wrapped a few blocks around the street. They must have had to turn away at least a third of the people who were lined up.

Brace and Liz were on stage with homemade props of the temple from the island and the Bill Clinton-in-a-dress painting. The show closed with Brace brandishing a gun, ranting about justice. The vibe was perfect and the only way I could imagine wanting to see them live.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
sounds fun, i just barely missed out on the tickets for the chapo+trueanon show at palace of fine arts which would have been fun

sadly brace (and liz?) recently moved to LA so idk if they'll be doing any san francisco shows again anytime soon, certainly not any low-key ones.

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

I went to the Chapo show at the Palace of Fine Arts, too. It was just before the COVID lockdowns and the vibes were hosed. The show they did was alright, but it was like a very forgettable primary episode, prior to Bernie’s loss IIRC. You definitely didn’t miss out on anything.

of course I saw both shows very goonishly, just showing up to watch then going home, not interacting with other attendees.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
matt realising he had no interests and breaking down was oddly relatable

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
I listened to the trashfuture eps about Afghanistan. it was ok.

idk why but I can't get into trashfuture. I have little UK politics knowledge and I don't have the thing where I think anyone with a British accent is smart. maybe because I already listened to hours of Afghanistan takes but this didn't seem funny or insightful in comparison and there wasn't enough UK specific stuff to keep me interested (though i did finish the ep)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
literally the only ones worthwhile are the ones about insane techbro companies and sometimes making fun of malcolm gladwell/stephen pinker types.