Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
This is really an irrational pet peeve, and I'm almost ashamed that it annoys me so much.
People who have no idea how to actually place their foot on the pedals on their bicycle and are pedaling with their heels.
Like WTF did they just learn riding their bike 2 days ago, who still doesn't know you are way more comfortable and efficient placing it in the middle of your forefoot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

How often are you even seeing this?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Not being a foot fetishist, I've never noticed how someone places their feet on bicycle pedals.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011

FFT posted:

I see it in the city at the park pretty frequently. It sticks out cause you end up riding the bike all funny. Either you have to lean back and wobble at the knees or kinda punch at the pedals like you're trying to work out a charlie horse in both legs. It is majestically dorky looking.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

At least you admitted it was an irrational pet peeve up front lol

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

I don't know how popular or widespread this is, but I've been seeing near constant posts on Facebook advertising "grazing boxes", which is where someone buys some cheese, crackers, cured meat and fruit, puts it in a box, and sells it an absolutely mind-boggling markup. Who the gently caress is buying this poo poo? Go to the supermarket! Or have them deliver! Why are you paying $80 for maybe $30 worth of food? It's not even cooked or prepared in any way; they literally just put it in a box!

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

FFT posted:

I commute with my bike daily, and so does a large part of the people living in a city I'm in.
So I notice it all the time.
I mean, heck, I can look out of my window right now and can see someone biking like that. Not even speaking in hyperbole.

FFT posted:

At least you admitted it was an irrational pet peeve up front lol

True lol, It's so dumb that it annoys me and I think because I noticed it annoying me I see it just that much more often.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I'm a huge John le Carre fan, but God drat whenever he writes about or from the perspective of anyone who's not a cis white man it makes me want to curl up into a ball and die. Women either spend their time boobing breastily, or are otherwise defined entirely by their lack of sexuality. I don't even want to start on when he tries to write black characters.

SubNat
Nov 27, 2008

'Fake' reviews.
Where some site pretty much just looks at the specs of some device, writes up some generic blurb about it, and assigns a score, without any actual testing or anything involved.

There are so many sites that bloat up the search results with this useless poo poo.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Tiggum posted:

I don't know how popular or widespread this is, but I've been seeing near constant posts on Facebook advertising "grazing boxes", which is where someone buys some cheese, crackers, cured meat and fruit, puts it in a box, and sells it an absolutely mind-boggling markup. Who the gently caress is buying this poo poo? Go to the supermarket! Or have them deliver! Why are you paying $80 for maybe $30 worth of food? It's not even cooked or prepared in any way; they literally just put it in a box!

Millenials

Dysgenesis
Jul 12, 2012

HAVE AT THEE!

Food $200
Data $150
Rent $800
Grazing boxes $3,600
Utility $150
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my family is dying

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Just the name “grazing boxes” annoys me, god drat

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Do you even graze, bro?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

CordlessPen posted:

Do you even graze, bro?

The head cow is always grazing

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I work at a deli that has those on the marketplace and they're easily our biggest seller. We call them "Charcuterie Pax" and charge $72 each.

You can get minis called "Charcutie Pax' for $50. It's the same thing but you get half as much, we don't arrange anything, and we leave out the jam.

Every food like that is a hilarious scam.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Sometimes you just want to eat an entire snack tray all by yourself, there's nothing wrong with that

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I mean it is at least a step up from the usual grazing of the plastic XL tub of cheesy puffs.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Hey, my jumbo bag of Jax is mostly air, nutritionally speaking taking a breath is just as bad

if air also had sodium and saturated fats

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
gently caress all subscription boxes, and especially how there's a rotating roughly five that seem to buy ad time on every podcast ever.

gig economy therapy company, harry's razors, a billion food subscription variants, there's one that does a (bullshit) custom regimen of vitamins based on your age and health history, it never ends, who is buying all these goddam subscription boxes?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Sign up with our service and once a week we will lob a diseased cattle carcass over your castle walls

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Sign up with our service and once a week we will lob a diseased cattle carcass over your castle walls
I get a castle out of the deal? Sold.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

FFT posted:

I get a castle out of the deal? Sold.

Yours to keep!

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Brawnfire posted:

Yours to keep!
:laffo:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Brawnfire posted:

Yours to keep!

:discourse:

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Oh, I just thought of a really dumb one!

I really hate when superheroes like Cyclops or Superman, miss with their eye lasers. How can you miss looking at something?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

CordlessPen posted:

Oh, I just thought of a really dumb one!

I really hate when superheroes like Cyclops or Superman, miss with their eye lasers. How can you miss looking at something?

How often are you looking at something your eyes are directly pointed at? It always seems to come from the center of their eyes, not their pupils.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Also you can be looking where someone isn't anymore

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019
something something skul gun

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

gently caress all subscription boxes, and especially how there's a rotating roughly five that seem to buy ad time on every podcast ever.

gig economy therapy company, harry's razors, a billion food subscription variants, there's one that does a (bullshit) custom regimen of vitamins based on your age and health history, it never ends, who is buying all these goddam subscription boxes?

My roommate signed up for Hello Fresh, and we're both done with it. They've improved the packaging a lot since I subscribed 5 years but, we both agree that everything sorta just tastes the same.

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...

Ugly In The Morning posted:

How often are you looking at something your eyes are directly pointed at?

Er... Most of the time?

Do you sometimes miss when you try to look at things?

Just to clarify, I'm not saying that Cyclops should just hit 100s all the time, but when I see him trying to laser a car and trailing just behind it, I can't help but think that it can't be that hard to, you know, look up?

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Can Cyclops see while the beam is shooting out?

CordlessPen
Jan 8, 2004

I told you so...
Not an X Men expert but I think so because because he's basically always shooting lasers, he just "lifts" his visor to shoot.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

I think I may have him partially conflated with Daredevil and thought his eyes were blind death lasers so he used his other heightened senses and blasted off thick ropes of eyenergy

So now I'm wondering if his vision IS the destruction beam and it's just a particularly potent emission theory? Or if he sees normally, just through a pinkish haze/with a bright red dot in the middle

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Brawnfire posted:

I think I may have him partially conflated with Daredevil and thought his eyes were blind death lasers so he used his other heightened senses and blasted off thick ropes of eyenergy

So now I'm wondering if his vision IS the destruction beam and it's just a particularly potent emission theory? Or if he sees normally, just through a pinkish haze/with a bright red dot in the middle

His eyes are dimensional portals to a dimension of pure force and no I have no idea how that works.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Whoa, holy poo poo

That poo poo finally got me to read the wiki because I didn't expect that

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Ugly In The Morning posted:

His eyes are dimensional portals to a dimension of pure force and no I have no idea how that works.

I feel that should mean instead of photon-based sight, he had some kind of echolocation but with punches instead of weird squeaky noises.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

When people make a sandwich by putting ingredients on both pieces of bread instead of piling everything on one piece of bread. So they can't just sit the second piece of bread on top, they've got to carefully flip it to try to stop anything falling out.

I don't know if anyone is insane enough to do that in real life, but it's incredibly common in cooking/food videos.

Agaragon
Nov 16, 2018
It has been a year and a half. Put your masks. Above your noses. At this rate I'm going to develop a twitch whenever I see a human nose.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Agaragon posted:

It has been a year and a half. Put your masks. Above your noses. At this rate I'm going to develop a twitch whenever I see a human nose.

These people know, they're just wearing them symbolically. They're don't have the chutzpah to go full anti-mask, so they take a cowardly half-measure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Disco Pope posted:

These people know, they're just wearing them symbolically. They're don't have the chutzpah to go full anti-mask, so they take a cowardly half-measure.

Lol that they think it's some kind of mark of solidarity to willingly expose themselves to pathogens what are they goons circa 2003