Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Sassy Witch
This poll is closed.
Magilou 33 28.45%
Oddium 9 7.76%
All of them 15 12.93%
All of them (except the problematic ones) 30 25.86%
metis, whose birthday is this month 12 10.34%
Metis cannot stop editing polls 17 14.66%
Total: 116 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Walla posted:

Chun Li with 4 legs is kind of hot.

three vagánias

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
pull up thread

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Arzaac posted:

I've briefly looked into Pokemon TCG and it looks pretty fun imo

Gets around the whole land problem by basically having like, a million tutors

Seems pretty bonkers and fast paced but not nearly as imbalanced as Yu-Gi-Oh

I never liked that evolutions are pokemon you have to draw as their own cards but then play on top of the lower levels.

The way it plays has nothing to do with how the anime or game play but whatever. Its just magic the gathering for kids.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Arzaac posted:

I've briefly looked into Pokemon TCG and it looks pretty fun imo

Gets around the whole land problem by basically having like, a million tutors

Seems pretty bonkers and fast paced but not nearly as imbalanced as Yu-Gi-Oh

You can get around the land problem in mtg, just gotta play the right formats.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Chun-taur

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Watched team America world police. It was lit af

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“America needs Both Sides: peaceniks, and warmongers”

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

“Yes American military excess is bad, but have you considered, Michael Moore is annoying?”

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I'm drink as gently caress and my bro is getting redeployment I don't care amdb

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Psychonauts 2 is pretty fun so far, same style of humor as the first game so it's perfect for me.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Mr E posted:

Psychonauts 2 is pretty fun so far, same style of humor as the first game so it's perfect for me.

Any milkman sightings?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Zil posted:

Any milkman sightings?

Not yet, but I know he's always with me.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Looking at Divinity Original Sin 2 mods, there’s one that ups the max party size from 4 to 6, and it calls itself a “quality-of-life” mod. Wtf. It’s a goddamn cheat

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

team boreerica cringe failice

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

cheetah7071 posted:

Shadowverse's philosophy is that every game should be in the 5-10 minute range so they just print absolutely busted finishers to force the issue. And some of the text boxes on these cards would make Yu-gi-oh blush from their sheer length. But I really do like the short games and the hearthstone-style automatic resource gaining, meaning that almost every game is at least a fight, and you're never in any one game for too long before moving on to a fresh one

makes me want to give it a shot more, don't really care to sit through some nerds 30-min control deck game anymore tbh

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Stux posted:

team boreerica cringe failice

this burn was so bad I like america now

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Relax Or DIE posted:

makes me want to give it a shot more, don't really care to sit through some nerds 30-min control deck game anymore tbh

do it, and then talk about it with me I'm so lonely

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

cheetah7071 posted:

this burn was so bad I like america now

im psyop

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

psyopnauts 2

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Looper posted:

i learned everything i know about yugioh from the anime and I'm a pro!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWtArkwBtMs

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

With the release of Alien FireTeam, this is a good time to admit that I love Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3 Directors Cut.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

psychonauts 2 is so loving good :kiddo:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Mix. posted:

Yeah! I played for a few hours tonight, and it's awesome.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I thought the platforming stuff felt kind of mushy (especially since they ask you to catch a bunch of 2d objects moving in the air lol) but that's probably because I was playing on keyboard (because the game wouldn't recognize my gamepad)

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Psychonauts 2 is awesome. Gonna savor this.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Mix. posted:

Your goldarn right it is

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/The_Katbot/status/1430246966286422022?s=19

IGN staff seems to have won their fight with management. :)

Next, union?

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Looper posted:

i learned everything i know about yugioh from the anime and I'm a pro!

Yu-gi-oh is just so ridiculously easy.

Step 1: Trust in the heart of the cards
Step 2: Win

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

ChickenMedium posted:

Yu-gi-oh is just so ridiculously easy.

Step 1: Trust in the heart of the cards
Step 2: Win

You forgot the most important step, “make up some bullshit like you’re playing anime Calvinbal”.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

I said come in! posted:

With the release of Alien FireTeam, this is a good time to admit that I love Alien, Aliens, and Alien 3 Directors Cut.

alien 3 directors cut makes the movie so much better

also fireteam owns

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I said come in! posted:

And yet Alien Resurrection has the best scene in the series. (Spoiler warning for the hit sci fi horror film Alien Resurrection).

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from

i'm surprised you didn't link to the scene of Ripley's incredible basketball skills.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I'm usually all for practical special effects, but this three-second part of Alien always makes me giggle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPQ7om598OM&t=124s

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Last Celebration posted:

You forgot the most important step, “make up some bullshit like you’re playing anime Calvinbal”.

Don't know if you're joking or not, but if you are you should check out some of the boss monsters released in the past few years or just check out mystic mine

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

A few days ago, a speedrunner beat Ocarina of Time within the 5 minute demo included in Super Smash Bros Brawl and I love ridiculous stuff like that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QaLQIzv-qw

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Electric Phantasm posted:

Don't know if you're joking or not, but if you are you should check out some of the boss monsters released in the past few years or just check out mystic mine

Nah I read up until partway through the Marik arc, it really is just high stakes Calvinball where everyone just makes poo poo up and the best bullshitter (Yami Yugi) and describing it faithfully even sounds like a parody.

Lol at that card though, like it seems super easy to just put the other guy in a super bad situation.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Remember Yu Gi Oh the anime existed for a year or 2 before Yu Gi Oh the game. The TCG always gets its rules from prior seasons.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Walla posted:

Remember Yu Gi Oh the anime existed for a year or 2 before Yu Gi Oh the game. The TCG always gets its rules from prior seasons.

And the original manga predates both of them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frytechnician
Jan 8, 2004

Happy to see me?

Arrrthritis posted:

i'm surprised you didn't link to the scene of Ripley's incredible basketball skills.

That, more than anything else, was the ultimate death knell for the franchise for me. Alien is one of my absolute favourite films. Aliens is a pretty solid sequel although I enjoy it less.

The rest are varying degrees of shite.