Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

It's Digimon so that kana could mean absolutely anything. God knows Bandai and Toei are completely incapable of romanizing anything logically.

I feel Negamon is more likely though, since it looks like a Digimon made of pure negativity that wants to destroy everything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

thetoughestbean posted:

Some folks on Wikimon insist the Negamon is actually Negermon, based off of this: https://twitter.com/dragondramon/status/1428259492198854656?s=21

That sounds even worse so I hope not

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Dammit Wikimon stop insisting Digimon things are Nazis.

First Duftmon and now this

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Considering CresGarurumon is spelled クーレスガルルモン (Pronounced like ‘CooressGarurumon’), it’s not unthinkable that they just put the extra ー in there to make it sound cool. The Neger thing doesn’t make any sense.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

Some folks on Wikimon insist the Negamon is actually Negermon, based off of this: https://twitter.com/dragondramon/status/1428259492198854656?s=21

Man I thought we just got done talking about Konaka? :v:

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

We got an interesting surprise here. KingWhamon, which had only appeared in Xros Wars and was seemingly destined to die there - no art, no profile, no stats, no nothing - has just gotten a DCB card!
https://twitter.com/Wikimon_news/status/1428662600527646723

Hopefully it'll be added to the DRB soon, and we'll get more XW orphans in the wider franchise like Panbachimon, DarkVolumon and Apollomon Whispered.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That’s actually pretty drat awesome

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
The full setlist is out for BT7, Next Adventure

For people unfamiliar with deep pull here, here’s AvengeKidmon’s description

Wikimon posted:

The desire for revenge of a Digimon defeated by Magna Kidmon ran wild, and as a result of the Minus Mind Data applying an overload to its Digicore, the form of the defeated Digimon underwent a mutation-like transformation. In order to vent its raging fury at its form becoming so similar to that of the opponent it should defeat, it has forgotten even the goal of defeating Magna Kidmon that was its dream, and continuously sabotages it.
Imagine hating someone so much you become the nega-them. Even Reverse-Flash dressed up that way as a choice

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
I'm definitely going to look into the viability of a Susanoomon deck.

It will probably be very bad.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
RE: The evil whale, even if that WAS what it’s supposed to be, you can bet your rear end they’re gonna translate it as Negamon, not HardRmon.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Why the hell are there so many different Omnimons? Both in the card game and in the lore in general?

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Some Numbers posted:

Why the hell are there so many different Omnimons? Both in the card game and in the lore in general?

Same reason Charizard is everywhere, it's popular.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Some Numbers posted:

In the card game it’s because there aren’t a huge amount of level 7s/ultras to make and they want multiple colors to have access to at least one or two level 7s for balancing purpose.

For the wider franchise, it’s because Omnimon is cool and popular

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

quote:

The desire for revenge of a Digimon defeated by Magna Kidmon ran wild, and as a result of the Minus Mind Data applying an overload to its Digicore, the form of the defeated Digimon underwent a mutation-like transformation.

holy poo poo I love everything about this stupid nonsense sentence. why have I been ignoring this franchise

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

aegof posted:

holy poo poo I love everything about this stupid nonsense sentence. why have I been ignoring this franchise

Because it's really dumb and bad more often than it's really cool and good, and the people who like it are also idiot weirdos.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

nine-gear crow posted:

Because it's really dumb and bad more often than it's really cool and good, and the people who like it are also idiot weirdos.

i'm a weird idiot! works 4 me

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Some Numbers posted:

Omegamon is quite literally the most popular Digimon in the franchise, as shown by one of the first DigiPolls. It's not surprising that they want to exploit that as much as possible, so we got a million variations, both in direct flavour (Alter-S/Alter-B, Zwart, Zwart D, Merciful Mode) and in clear homages (Omekamon, Omedamon, Chaosmon, Susanoomon, OmegaShoutmon) as well as important lore around it (the first Royal Knight created, constantly put in opposition to their leader Alphamon, protagonist Digimon of the first series, etc.)

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Oh god I just read Takuya and Kouji more closely. I assumed they worked the same way, but Takuya can only Hyper Evolve off Hybrids in your trash, while Kouji does it from your hand.

EmperorGreymon seems much harder to set up.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Blaze Dragon posted:

(the first Royal Knight created, constantly put in opposition to their leader Alphamon, protagonist Digimon of the first series, etc.)

Gonna nitpick here and say that the Royal Knights don’t have a leader besides Yggdrasil. Alphamon is meant to be a check on the rest of the knights; he makes sure that they aren’t abusing their powers or getting too tyrannical

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Alphamon is so bad at their job.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

thetoughestbean posted:

Alphamon is meant to be a check on the rest of the knights; he makes sure that they aren’t abusing their powers or getting too tyrannical

TheHan posted:

Alphamon is so bad at their job.

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I've seen Alphamon's work ethic when running a detective agency. It makes sense that they would be bad at their real job.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

The best Royal Knight is Craniummon

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

Nodosaur posted:

The best Royal Knight is Craniummon

Certainly one of my favorites.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

Episode 62: I feel like this is just about the best we're going to get for a Sora episode in Adventure 20. By that I mean it isn't a standout episode, not a chance, but it at least reached functional and there was no indication of a deep seething hatred for her so that's nice.

You know what might have made this episode good? Character conflict! Remember, that thing that the original Adventure had that this show has completely whiffed on? Like maybe have some actual drama in this episode by having Taichi want to destroy Shakkoumon and Sora coming in conflict with him because she wants to save it. Maybe you could have even gone so far as to have Hououmon evolve to block WarGreymon's Gaia Force rather than him stopping the attack halfway through, wouldn't showing she was strong enough to do that be a way to make up for Hououmon's debut where she did nothing? No, but seriously, what if you actually had Taichi on hand for a reason and did something with him as a character? Is that allowed? Or is this just crazy talk?

Anyways, next time as a Taichi episode. Will this be the first time ever they do anything with his character in this show? I'm not putting money on it…

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
A number of people mispronouncing “Coelamon” tonight at my locals made me wonder: how many of you folks can pronounce coelacanth? I guess it’s less commonly known than I previously thought.

Anyways the alt arts for bt7 have been mostly released and I like the Dorumon one a lot

Also, a story in three parts:

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

thetoughestbean posted:

A number of people mispronouncing “Coelamon” tonight at my locals made me wonder: how many of you folks can pronounce coelacanth? I guess it’s less commonly known than I previously thought.

SEE-luh-canth

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

cloacamon

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i can pronounce coelacanth

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

I think the anime actually pronounced it ko-ella (i.e., incorrectly) in the australia ep of 02?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

coachellamon

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

co-el-a-canth

I've definitely heard the "proper" pronounciation but it will never stick. Co-el-a-canth

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

https://withthewill.net/threads/digimon-profile-15-the-three-great-angels-and-the-kernel.26180/

Bandai did another one of those Digimon Profile things, and this one is about the three great angels.

Includes the first info we got about just what the Kernel, aka "God", is in terms of Bandai's lore.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Got fifth in a 16 person tournament. I lost the mirror match to a fellow LordKnightmon deck

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

That playmat is amazing

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.
Oh man I want that play mat.

Balache404
Aug 2, 2018

IT LIVES!

https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1431329765768802304

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

CLING

DON'T LET GO

STAY WITH US

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Yeah, at this point it'll take an act of witchcraft for Survive to ever be released.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
At least a rating means that a game, in some state, exists