Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Roth posted:

Part 3 is very monster of the week but starting with Emperor and Hanged Man it gets very good at doing monster of the week.

I'd argue that the sun is an exception to this

the sun is not a good arc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i feel like you can't call something that lasts for two chapters an 'arc'

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Part 3 is probably one of those things that’s better if you go in knowing “oh, it’s Araki doing a battle manga now” cause I was pretty onboard just how it was largely an endless string of dumb monster of the week villains but written by Hirohiko Araki so they’re mostly pretty amusing/interesting if you have no other expectations. Part 2 is really strong though so I get people being bummed than Part 3 made the protagonist an a hot headed French man instead of Young Joseph, that is quite the downgrade.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Jojo was always a battle manga though?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Nate RFB posted:

I don't remember posting much in the early chat threads because they were rife with image spam posts and Dick Spacious CPA.
Aaaaaaaaaaagh endless horny gifs by Dick Spacious was peak 2015 ADRTW

gay for gacha posted:

What brought you to SA at that age in that year?
For me I had just gotten temp-banned from an Alternate History forum over stupid bullshit, and looked up the biggest functioning forum I could find and talk about history/anime/etc. Place still has an excellent rules system.

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 09:10 on Aug 25, 2021

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
going to claim my own valor here and say that i was so sad when dick came back and i bought him a zorak av and then he died again immediately

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

DoubleDonut posted:

I still haven't finished catching up with manga since mangadex went back up

and by "still haven't finished" I mean I have

this many left

I just caught up to mine tonight except for a couple series that have chapter gaps I can't seem to account for on any scanlator or aggregate site :raise:

Tequ
Sep 5, 2009
I think I first found about SA through Scorchy's KotOR II LP. I've been lurking ADTRW since around 2008/2009 and my inability to resist the chance to shill Nijisanji is what finally pushed to me to make the first post here after ~12 years.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Tequ posted:

I think I first found about SA through Scorchy's KotOR II LP. I've been lurking ADTRW since around 2008/2009 and my inability to resist the chance to shill Nijisanji is what finally pushed to me to make the first post here after ~12 years.

I liked Gundou Mirei's story about how a kid in one of her (real life) classes found out she was a Vtuber but he liked her as a teacher so he decided not to tell anyone so she wouldn't get in trouble.

Tequ
Sep 5, 2009

Droyer posted:

I liked Gundou Mirei's story about how a kid in one of her (real life) classes found out she was a Vtuber but he liked her as a teacher so he decided not to tell anyone so she wouldn't get in trouble.

And that kid's oshi turned out to be Ryushen so it's all her fault. :v: IIRC at least one of her fellow teachers already know she's in Nijisanji.

Tequ fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Aug 25, 2021

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Kild posted:

the monster of the week in part 3 turned me off of jojo's forever esp with how hyped up part 3 was. Part 2 tho was FTW

I initially dropped pt 3, it really didn't click. A few years later I watched pt 4+ and loved it, went back to pt 3 and could watch and enjoy it.
Maybe do that!

Jojo is good

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
https://twitter.com/PaulieHughes/status/1430221863494504457

neat to see

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Roth posted:

Part 3 is very monster of the week but starting with Emperor and Hanged Man it gets very good at doing monster of the week.
Yeah. Part 3 has some cool enemies and sometimes neat out of the box solutions for defeating them.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

New Muv Luv trailer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6gATcNgk9s
Cool robots. No JAM Project is a big shame though

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

symbolic posted:

knowing about it since middle school from retsupurae/protonjon & finally getting convinced later on to reg by a friend

yeah, i also knew about it thanks to retsupurae and the freelance astronauts since i was 14. soon i started to lurk the site for years until i decided i wanted to join the site

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
my first exposure to SA was being in an irc channel around 2002 and some goons flooding the channel with goatse

that was also my first encounter with goatse

the admin of the channel was like "those loving GOOOOOOOOOONSSSSS :orks:" and I curiously went to SA to see what it was like

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

GorfZaplen posted:

Kill the discords so we can go back to the days where we'd burn through a thread in a single afternoon because of the sheer amount of posting.

The powerful days of the thread crashing my phone's browser trying to load all those posts, drat

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Elephant Parade posted:

bernkastel is pretty simple, really. She's the "jaded witch" part of rika's personality spun off into its own body, with bonus magic powers because she's an Umineko character. That's about it
Bold to make this claim with Sotsu airing

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Still remember when Part 3 was the only JoJo thing anyone in the west knew about thanks to the 90's OVA and Capcom fighting game.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Captain Invictus posted:

my first exposure to SA was being in an irc channel around 2002 and some goons flooding the channel with goatse

that was also my first encounter with goatse

the admin of the channel was like "those loving GOOOOOOOOOONSSSSS :orks:" and I curiously went to SA to see what it was like

Same year, but it was the Awful Link of the Day, Legal Threats, and Photoshop Phridays, on the ^_~ Front Page ~_^.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
Stardust Crusaders gets into a sweet groove of the Monster Stand of the Week being a puzzle you have to creatively beat (NO no NOno)

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I still haven't enjoyed Jojos as much as Stardust Crusaders. Part 5 got close but totally pissed it all away by the end.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

FilthyImp posted:

Stardust Crusaders gets into a sweet groove of the Monster Stand of the Week being a puzzle you have to creatively beat (NO no NOno)
Jotaro vs D'Arby was such a great showdown. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the inspiration behind Psycho Mantis in MGS.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

DoubleDonut posted:

I still haven't finished catching up with manga since mangadex went back up

and by "still haven't finished" I mean I have

this many left

Because of this I ultimately went and made a spreadsheet to track what manga I was interested in reading.

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

my first exposure to SA was someone showing me the cobra commander 04 political ad flash that had just come out earlier that day when i was skipping school in an internet cafe

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

GorfZaplen posted:

Kill the discords so we can go back to the days where we'd burn through a thread in a single afternoon because of the sheer amount of posting.

miss the days of insanely fast moving threads. on another forum i went to around 2004-2006 we'd fill up 25 page chat threads in a matter of a couple of hours. good times

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
my secret shame is that i also joined sa because of lets play

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I joined because of a Ring cosplay photoshoot and then saw all the other stuff being talked about here.

Malah
May 18, 2015

mycophobia posted:

my secret shame is that i also joined sa because of lets play
LP got me, too :shepface:

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

I heard about SA via Doomworld since I believe the founder of that site was involved with SA at one point.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I'm gonna support doxxing Julias now bc he gassed my thread

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
i cant believe that poster was jacking off to femboys

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Bold to make this claim with Sotsu airing
Bold to assume I'm still watching it

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Malah posted:

LP got me, too :shepface:

Same. Then I decided to sign up on a whim. Honestly it was one of the best decisions of my adult life (I had just graduated high school, shut up. That was adult to a babby like me )

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Violet_Sky posted:

Same. Then I decided to sign up on a whim. Honestly it was one of the best decisions of my adult life

This is the most tragic thing I've ever read.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Droyer posted:

what if i described to you the events of the futurama episode Jurasisc Bark....

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
oh my god i got way to drunk last night

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Droyer posted:

I'm doing my best okay :smith:

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Ibblebibble posted:

I'm just gonna 6er anyone who tries to relitigate the vtuber thread in here until Julias opens up the mod feedback thread again. Consider yourselves warned.

I just wanna read more Blue Period...

Blue Period rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vonnie
Sep 13, 2011

Droyer posted:

The 2010's sucked, but at least the Dangan Ronpa LP was good.