Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

FrancisFukyomama posted:

huh, jimmy dore is into the horse goo? what’s up with that?

he was really into the lab leak theory too. sucks... i like his anti fauci stuff though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

cr0y posted:

Cool then don't vent them

Biden open beds

“Seatbelts are liberal brain conditioning designed to snap your neck in an accident.”

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
arkansas added temporary ICU space and then promptly filled that:
https://www.kark.com/news/health/coronavirus/gov-hutchinson-to-hold-news-briefing-as-covid-19-hospitalizations-continue-to-climb/

quote:

LITTLE ROCK, Ark. – Gov. Asa Hutchinson announced that all ICU beds for COVID-19 patients in the state of Arkansas are full, even after efforts over the last few weeks to increase capacity in the state.

Speaking from the capitol on Tuesday, Hutchinson stressed the continued need for Arkansans to get vaccinated to help relieve the stress on the health care system, not that it is at its limits in terms of both facilities and personnel available to treat patients with the virus.

Secretary of Health Dr. Jose Romero noted that just under 50 percent of the ICU beds in the state have the ability to be used for COVID-19 patients.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-suffolk-58323500

quote:

More than 1,000 Latitude Festival attendees later tested positive for Covid, according to government figures.

One of the government's Covid test events, about 37,000 visitors were at the venue daily from 21 to 24 July.

All festival-goers needed to be fully vaccinated or test negative but findings showed 432 people were probably infectious at the time.

Stuart Keeble, director of Suffolk Public Health, said Covid was "still circulating in the county".

Figures for the seven days up to and including 20 August show Suffolk had a rate of 241 coronavirus cases per 100,000 people.

The music and arts festival at Henham Park, near Southwold, was the first event of its kind after the relaxation of lockdown rules.

bUt LoLlApAloOzA wAs SaFe!!!

Testvan
Nov 10, 2003
/!\ the y axis has decreased /!\

2 weeks ago

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1430343630749843456?s=20

someone please ask this woman about the concentration camps on the border btw

cr0y posted:

I'm being dead serious, would these people pass a psych eval? They are flat out living in another reality and have nothing left tethering themselves to this dimension.

Seriously what the gently caress is this? Mass hysteria?

They’re just uneducated and gullible. She’s referring to the guidance at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/global-covid-19/shielding-approach-humanitarian.html. It specifies an approach for humanitarian settings (like refugee camps) wherein high risk individuals can temporarily be removed from low risk individuals to slow or prevent spread in these settings. It’s only a suggested approach, it’s ultimately up to the group running the setting to decide what to implement, if anything.

Uneducated chuds found this page, and not understanding what a humanitarian setting was, thought that this indicated that their children would be removed from their homes forcibly and relocated away from parents. They legitimately think this is real and it’s because of the toxic echo chambers on social media that lend credence to the idea (lots of others are thinking it - so it must not be crazy).

I know this because a chud in-law sent this exact page to my wife a month ago and said “well how do you explain this”. Our response was basically “uhh you don’t know anyone in one of these settings and it doesn’t apply to you”. But, you know - camps. Also ironic that these people give zero fucks about the border camps that actually do the thing they’re so afraid of, just to non-Americans.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Testvan posted:

2 weeks ago

Is this a third degree change? Someone get nate silver on the phone

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Testvan posted:

2 weeks ago

oh good it paused a bit so we can open schools

such a nice virus

Sunny Side Up
Jun 22, 2004

Mayoist Third Condimentist

Asproigerosis posted:

What an incredible time to decide to go to Wawa. The parking lot is popular location for the local car moders to netflix and chill or whatever. So there were some of them there tonight. The highway next to the parking lot is being repaved and has at least 10 separate state patrol cars of brave troops bored out of their minds stealing triple overtime of my tax dollars protecting the construction crews. From the parking lot alone you could see the lights from 5 of their tahoes. One of the driftyboys decides it's a genius idea to start doing donuts in the parking lot. Cops didn't like that so two of them roll into the parking lot to plant drugs and summary execute this person. Well the car guy decides the best action is to peel out from the parking lot and try to escape the cops.

If only he knew cops have no jurisdiction over private parking lots and he could have made bank suing them for illegal arrest.

can i just tell you how much i appreciate wawa curbside? app amazing, ultra quick. even for like a half gallon of milk or whatever, takes 3 seconds.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon
Peaked! We peaked! Covid is over!

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Atrocious Joe posted:

someone please ask this woman about the concentration camps on the border btw

This is what I get for skipping to page N-1. I am sorry for stealing your posting honor Atrocious Joe :negative:

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Covok posted:

Unless I am mistaken, taking horse paste will land you in the hospital. When the hospitals are already overcrowded and triage is on the table.

The deaths might skyrocket from this fiasco.

people who are using to treat COVID-19, after they've already been infected, might end up needing medical attention even if their COVID symptoms are otherwise mild

if their symptoms are severe, then they were going to need a hospital anyway, so that's a wash

the big question is how many people are taking ivermectin as a prophylactic against COVID-19

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/jamiedupree/status/1430533321038127104?s=20

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

ShutteredIn posted:

Peaked! We peaked! Covid is over!

Ivermectin works 😏💉🐴

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
big yikes fam

https://twitter.com/InternetHippo/status/1430536141225160710

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Not my own personal experiences, so no worries minimizing them. Just what I've heard from people I know. The other source of super bad doctors I know works in like experimental oncology stuff, so I'm sure again they are in an exception.

Wild how uhhhh... stratified even a profession as 'prestigious' as being a doctor can be.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

lmao owned

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
has anyone injected horse dewormer yet?

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

quote:

Functional medicine is a form of alternative medicine that encompasses a number of unproven and disproven methods and treatments. Its proponents claim that it focuses on the "root causes" of diseases based on interactions between the environment and the gastrointestinal, endocrine, and immune systems to develop "individualized treatment plans" It has been described as pseudoscience, quackery, and at its essence a rebranding of complementary and alternative medicine.

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

this is so loving dumb because it solidifies antivax behavior. it's well known psychology that if you make a monetary punishment some people will just see that punishment as an explicit endorsement, like a payment that _allows_ and encourages you to do the thing being punished. so some dipshit delta workers will think, hell yeah imma pay my 200 bucks and be justified not taking this 'experimental' vaccine poo poo

just mandate the loving shots, biden. grow a loving pair and do it you coward

Fireside Nut
Feb 10, 2010

turp

Asproigerosis posted:

Uh oh, throat is feeling hoarse. I think this might be it friends. I'm going to die from my coworker or the bullshit lung scan I had to do last friday.

If i stop posting tell nichael he needs to burn my apartment.

a bit horse, huh? have i got a paste for you!

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

smoobles posted:

sources say he's in stable condition

Stuff still gave him the trots.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

Ham Cheeks posted:

has anyone injected horse dewormer yet?

just did my morning dose ama

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
ivermectin cures brain worms

Crunchy Black
Oct 24, 2017

by Athanatos

Delta is literally pulling Georgia into the 21st century single handedly lol

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

mod sassinator posted:

this is so loving dumb because it solidifies antivax behavior. it's well known psychology that if you make a monetary punishment some people will just see that punishment as an explicit endorsement, like a payment that _allows_ and encourages you to do the thing being punished. so some dipshit delta workers will think, hell yeah imma pay my 200 bucks and be justified not taking this 'experimental' vaccine poo poo

just mandate the loving shots, biden. grow a loving pair and do it you coward

if Biden mandates the shots then maybe his approval rating will go down.

unlike what is happening now, where his approval rating is sliding precipitously because ???

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/lilyalta/status/1430516721551556611?s=20

https://twitter.com/lilyalta/status/1430518433549017096?s=20

:hmmrona:

Reverend Zero
Mar 8, 2006

my partner has been working to out a doctor in our area that is doing something similar, she and a few others got a bunch of folks on facebook to contact her and the medical certifying board and apparently the doctor has been warned to cease writing all ivermectin scrips or face some kind of punishment from the board. she no longer advertises ivermectin or scrip milling on her site and her fb page

cancelling works folks.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

for those who don't know, Oakland County MI is where all the white people in Detroit fled when schools were integrated and it is one of the wealthiest counties in the US. lol

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

Lenin Stimpy posted:

When I see videos like this, it's really hard for me to believe that many (like 30%) nurses still refuse to get vaccinated even when they see the results of not being vaccinated, but yet, it's true.

I read some interview a month ago or so where Rhea Boyd had this to say about the psychology of antivaxxers:
"These very contentious encounters are driven by people really staunchly holding on to something that they are served by in some way. Maybe it’s the source that belief came from, and they need to believe other things that source says. Maybe they want camaraderie or collegiality with people around them, so they can feel that they’re in an in-group. People need to believe that what they believe is true. They feel threatened when challenged about something to which they feel beholden."

These are all irrational, selfish reasons to not get vaccinated. We all have family members and friends who justify not getting vaccinated with one of these reasons. It's hosed and deeply harmful that we let people get away with this

COVID vaccination should not be optional

Anecdotal, but this is what I've encountered. These are chuds that hate being told what to do, and have gone through a long list of excuses throughout the pandemic so now feel like they can't tuck tale and reverse course now, they have to save face! They're in so deep that it's part of their identity and they definitely do feel a sense of camaraderie with each other over this.

A few months ago, we had this sick patient but couldn't find the source of infection. Everything we tested for came up negative, but his WBC count was up and he had nonspecific symptoms. After two weeks inpatient ICU we decided to covid test for a second time (it ended up negative again), and this was my convo with his nurse:

Nurse: oh gosh I really hope he doesn't have covid, we've all been going in/out without proper PPE
Me: oof yeah, scary! You have your vaccine though right?
Nurse: No
Me, trying to be polite: ...oh, are you just waiting for more data?
Nurse: No I just don't think I need it, I've been around it plenty, plus it won't prevent me from getting it and spreading it around

She and her fiance are covid+ right now, a week before their destination wedding at Cabo

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Death By The Blues
Oct 30, 2011
It will be mind boggling how many 40-70 year olds Americans Delta will just scythe through.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1430510845583405057

turd in my singlet
Jul 5, 2008

DO ALL DA WORK

WIT YA NECK

*heavy metal music playing*
Nap Ghost
is the "Don't talk to me til I've had my Ivermectin" coffee mug someone posted a ways back real? i kind of want one

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
It seems to largely be people who think they're smarter than the system and they know the real truth that the other idiots who call them mean things don't know.

Socialized
Oct 27, 2010
I had stopped paying attention. I had gotten complacent. I haven’t been wearing a mask. I only got my first phizer jab last week.

Now there’s a guy in my warehouse walking around coughing. He told someone he tested positive on Thursday.
gently caress.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Death By The Blues posted:

It will be mind boggling how many 40-70 year olds Americans Delta will just scythe through.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1430510845583405057

Have any of the Applebee’s thought of converting their walk in’s to morgues for some extra money?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
ivermectin? no i've never met him!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004
hope youre getting testing, dingus