Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

what was that study from a few days ago that showed vaccinated people actually carried less of a viral load? did that actually end up being correct?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The majority of Americans are wary of covid-19, think mitigation efforts are a good idea, and are taking steps to protect themselves.

Turns out that our media serve as a mouthpiece for capital and are misrepresenting public opinion in service of capital, who'd have thunk it

:lmao:

have you even been outside in the last 15 months? No one is mitigating poo poo

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

lmaoing at the deep red empty chud countries on the plains east of Denver are pretty much just in a perpetual outbreak since the beginning of the pandemic

Greeley sucks and sometimes you can smell their cattle poo poo all the way here in Denver if the wind blows right (it's also blowing covid)

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

We have a good Chance of hitting 1 million this year !

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

what was that study from a few days ago that showed vaccinated people actually carried less of a viral load? did that actually end up being correct?

that was true for wild type, and was part of the justifications that the CDC used for itself when lifting masking

I've not seen a similar one for Delta

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

imagine how many deaths desantis is sitting on

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

I was on a work call with someone yesterday and they talked about how they were going to Florida for vacation next week. That’s the wildest poo poo I have ever heard.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

The majority of Americans are wary of covid-19, think mitigation efforts are a good idea, and are taking steps to protect themselves.

Turns out that our media serve as a mouthpiece for capital and are misrepresenting public opinion in service of capital, who'd have thunk it

Yeah definitely, but you have like 25% of the population who will ride or die on this poo poo. with any luck after their face book groups shrink they'll quietly give up but ronas gonna be here for a couple more years at least

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

euphronius posted:

imagine how many deaths desantis is sitting on

I liked the story how the state health office overruled death certificates that listed COV19 as the primary cause of death.

Similar story what former Emmy awarding star Cuomo did in NY state.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

euphronius posted:

We have a good Chance of hitting 2 million this year !

FTFY

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
NY adding 12,000 deaths means NY is #1 again!

Also, HHS has been updating data every 24 hours at 9am except for today :( the data entry person must have covid

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 373 days!

Quietly disposing of my Cuomosexual shirt

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

skewetoo posted:

From my union: The medical community from around the globe and here in Canada are looking for how to move from an active pandemic to an endemic where citizens learn to live with the virus in our presence.

Lol. Lmfaoe

I poked my head into the Canada thread and holy poo poo you weren't kidding about it being a gbs/d&d thread that teleported into cspam.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

tenderjerk posted:

Quietly disposing of my Cuomosexual shirt

Emmy Award for best Cover-up attempt of the year!

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
Hale, merry
Full of paste

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

skewetoo posted:

From my union: The medical community from around the globe and here in Canada are looking for how to move from an active pandemic to an endemic where citizens learn to live with the virus in our presence.

Lol. Lmfaoe

everything is always normal, no matter what happens. since everything is always normal and nothing is ever going on then of course we don't need to make any changes

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

hello,
I am inquiring about your nursing positions in Idaho for $8,000 an hour,
I have no direct nursing experience but watched two and half seasons of Nurse Jackie and

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

NPR is ignoring this in favor of a twenty year retrospective on Aaliyah's death.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
12k death is peak cuomosexual

his enemies are so politically horny rn with the corpse tabulation, can't let the man resign in peace

its disgusting frankly, just fudge a number or two for andrew cmon man, for unity. for bipartisanship. you're letting desantis hide the numbers but not cuomo?? this is very partisan

just move nana one column over in the ledger, please

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

kalensc posted:

I poked my head into the Canada thread and holy poo poo you weren't kidding about it being a gbs/d&d thread that teleported into cspam.

The global community did not include Comrade Xi incredible achievement in 2020 and also this year.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

I prefer to think of it as covering up four 9/11’s.

digging in the couch cushions and finding a few 9/11's

stump collector
May 28, 2007

I prefer to think of it as covering up four 9/11’s.

how many Benghazi’s

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/BDNbiz/status/1430516054959271938
why is jfk in the classroom

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Hey other Pittsburgh goon, or anyone for that matter. Does anyone know if Pennsylvania has any sort of unified vaccine record keeping system? Trying to figure out what the best method is for scamming my way to my 3rd (and maybe 4th!) Shots.

Might just use my real name if they don't have any way to verify it live.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Can't wait to see +13k new deaths on the NYT front page, gonna screengrab that for sure

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

this is why we need to learn to live with the virus
https://twitter.com/MrsT106/status/1430508577177825280?s=20

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011
Super stoked to have just received my second Pfizer 5g microchip 22 days after arriving in the United States

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

I was on a work call with someone yesterday and they talked about how they were going to Florida for vacation next week. That’s the wildest poo poo I have ever heard.

I have family (dad's brother, his wife & kids) that moved from Montréal to the Triangle area of NC almost 30 years ago.

When Delta info started spreading (among folks looking for it, so like May-June-ish) I checked in to see if they had plans to relocate back here. Uncle is basically retirement age, and we've kept my grandmother's house in the family.

Turned out they had just sold the NC house and were moving in mid-July! :yayclod:

To Florida. Like 45min from Miami. :dogstare: Cause my aunt has family there and they've "not gotten sick at all".

Over a month later and she's still there to "oversee the redecoration/renovation". He's still working in VA & NC, but at least he's a contractor type and drives himself everywhere.

It loving sucks, and the worst part is that I know my Dad won't openly express it but he's definitely stressed about his brother.

:smith:

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

kalensc posted:

Lol the libbiest Nation on earth

Apr 7, 2003

cr0y posted:

Hey other Pittsburgh goon, or anyone for that matter. Does anyone know if Pennsylvania has any sort of unified vaccine record keeping system? Trying to figure out what the best method is for scamming my way to my 3rd (and maybe 4th!) Shots.

Not that I know of, I work for the big four letter evil hospital operator and we keep our own system for tracking vaccinations but there's nothing from the federal government on vaccinations whatsoever.

The PA state DHS keeps track of vaccinations for other things but hasn't expanded that to covid-19 vaccinations yet.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

stump collector posted:

how many Benghazi’s

it's actually Benghazi times 9/11

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

OK baizuo posted:

Recently used a bag of 15 bean mix with extra pintos with that stock recipe, threw in some seared kielbasa, another minced onion, a grated fresh tomato, and some celery. It was drat good

15 beans? how many types of beans are there??

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/JeromeTaylor/status/1430439739342016514?s=20

Nice

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

does delta have the same up to 14 days to show symptoms as the first one or is it faster ?

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I and my filthy associates were using sketchy online pharmacies and graymarkets years ago to get poo poo like xanax and tramadol and DPT. You know, drugs that either feel good or have general purpose fighting life's anxieties and miseries or provide insight into phrenological escapology. Hell, there's still a handful of useful benzos that are not scheduled at all in the US and thus legal to import for personal uses, in some cases available as pharmaceuticals from completely legitimate pharmacies overseas.

The idea that people are exposing themselves to the same general legal and QA risks, but instead of getting "fun" poo poo they are getting horse dewormer, to treat a condition that a super effective vaccine exists for, I mean, you loving chumps. Seriously, just, like, well

I looked up "chump" in the dictionary and

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

they need to let it become endmemic

nothing can be done

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

cr0y posted:

I doubt any of the standard well known for profit pharmacies like CVS. Rite Aid or Walgreens can share databases.

The joy of the fragmented US medical "Care" system, would guess that only state or county sites would keep detailed records.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

look we're just going to have to live with it ok

Apr 7, 2003

etalian posted:

I doubt any of the standard well known for profit pharmacies like CVS. Rite Aid or Walgreens can share databases.

They will go to a payer database via claims and theoretically speaking I could build my own database right now of vaccinated people using the CVX or CPT billing codes for the covid-19 vaccines with enough claims data.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

(Taiwan) #1, was able to get some of their domestically developed vaccines through their version of EUA approval this month.