Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

kiimo posted:

I am having a more and more difficult time hating the cowboys in spite of my better judgement

This is a serious issue. Seek help ASAP.

ASAPRockySituation posted:

I’ll pick up the slack

:same:

Quiet Feet posted:

gently caress the Cowboys.

:hmmyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

Between this and the other post earlier about it BEING a career killer, It’d be interesting to hear a breakdown on this from a professional. I’m curious what the long term implications are on an average basis with Lisfranc and whether we’re seeing a different result because of the level they’re at.

The Athletic in 2019 posted:

Over his eight-year NFL career, Ravens cornerback Jimmy Smith has dealt with an Achilles tear, sports hernia, ankle sprains, back strains, knee soreness, chest bruises and concussions.

There’s one injury, though, that’s stuck with him far more than the others. He feels it when he gets up in the morning, when he lands in a certain way and when he finishes a tough workout. Smith had surgery to repair a Lisfranc sprain in his left foot in November of 2014. More than 4 1/2 years later, it doesn’t necessarily impact his play, but Smith gets near daily reminders of the injury that prematurely ended what was becoming one of his best NFL seasons.

“It’s the injury that keeps on giving,” Smith said.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I have a fantasy that Cam Newton will be cut because he’s constantly unavailable because of COVID protocol because he won’t get vaccinated.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

From the limited examples we have it certainly seems like one

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

boop the snoot posted:

I have a fantasy that Cam Newton will be cut because he’s constantly unavailable because of COVID protocol because he won’t get vaccinated.

An unavailable Cam Newton is better then an available Brian Hoyer or Jared Stidham, soooo

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Kalli posted:

An unavailable Cam Newton is better then an available Brian Hoyer or Jared Stidham, soooo

I just learned that Hoyer’s full name is Axel Edward Brian Hoyer.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
lol

https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1430537406084788234?s=20

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fartknocker posted:

And that's longer then any pass he's ever thrown.

Needs to be overlayed with "I'm no Superman" from the Scrubs opening.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Kalli posted:

The bar between available Cam and available Hoyer isn't that big

Of course neither one is vaccinated lol

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Isn't Cam literally afraid of needles or something?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Von Miller has an NFT collection - https://opensea.io/VonMiller

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
https://twitter.com/KentWeyrauch/status/1430537709328732162?s=20

Aw hell yeah, Super Bowl babay

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

fartknocker posted:

Axel Hoyer sounds so much cooler than Brian.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Von Miller has an NFT collection - https://opensea.io/VonMiller

this sort of thing will be very useful for team owners to evade the salary cap

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Android Apocalypse posted:

Axel Hoyer sounds so much cooler than Brian.

Axel Hoyer and McCorkle Jones are characters from a direct-to-video late-80s action movie you’d randomly find on cable years later.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Axel Hoyer is a hall of fame defense name.

Brian is the appropriate choice for Quarterback.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

fartknocker posted:

Axel Hoyer and McCorkle Jones are characters from a direct-to-video late-80s action movie you’d randomly find on cable years later.

I'd watch Axel and Mac take on a Cuban drug cartel in Miami any day

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

he bought this bad boy from "JPG Respecter" for a cool $4k

https://opensea.io/assets/0xccc441ac31f02cd96c153db6fd5fe0a2f4e6a68d/9248

btw how do I make this my avatar

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

fartknocker posted:

I thought you were joking about McCorkle...

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

AndrewP posted:

he bought this bad boy from "JPG Respecter" for a cool $4k

https://opensea.io/assets/0xccc441ac31f02cd96c153db6fd5fe0a2f4e6a68d/9248

btw how do I make this my avatar

Can someone quickly and succinctly explain to a moron like myself why this poo poo costs nearly 8 grand because I never took the time to understand NFT, I feel like I just wrapped my head around blockchain and I'm tired

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

kiimo posted:

Can someone quickly and succinctly explain to a moron like myself why this poo poo costs nearly 8 grand because I never took the time to understand NFT, I feel like I just wrapped my head around blockchain and I'm tired

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

kiimo posted:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tulip_mania

plus some money laundering here and there

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

blarzgh posted:

I thought you were joking about McCorkle...

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

kiimo posted:

No.

Not because nobody wants to, it's because no, you can't explain it because it's all stupid and none of it makes sense.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

kiimo posted:

Imagine the most stupid thing in the world and then realize it’s more stupid that that.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

These replies are fantastic, thank you

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

kiimo posted:

You can buy a gif, and say that you are the only one that owns the original gif, while everyone else freely reposts copies of the gif and makes fun of you for buying a gif for thousands of dollars

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I would swipe right on Mac Jones.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Imagine the most stupid thing in the world and then realize it’s more stupid that that.

It's this, and I say this as someone who made $1000 on topshot this spring.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
No shame in making money off of idiots my friend

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I mean, obviously.
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/1430557334342864903

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Neville and Hermione

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

https://mobile.twitter.com/ezlazar/status/1430552915924639749

You cannot stop what is to come

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

should've announced trevor lawrence is all elite

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

JK Rowling would never allow that casting

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Vertical Lime posted:

should've announced trevor lawrence is all elite
Tim Tebow will be since he was just released

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Cam is gonna return tomorrow and get the first team reps again and I’m gonna be really mad.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Cam is gonna return tomorrow and get the first team reps again and I’m gonna be really mad.

Allegedly, if you believe Giardi they are mad about cams situation

Also I have a mutual friend with a Patritos coach who keeps telling me how much they are excited about what Jones is doing so fingers crossed

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
As much as Belichick likes Cam, seeing him not taking vaccination seriously has to be putting a damper on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

I hope McCorkle is bizarro brady where he sucks against everybody but the Giants.