Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

This is a dumb babby version of something people have been doing for years. Although it is very 'Merica 2021 to nerf the difficulty while simultaneously massively increasing the risk of injury I guess...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvObT_fYFYU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
that riders of rohan charging into pelinor fields scene except theoden is biden and all the horse dudes are corona viruses and he's just screaming death, death

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

does delta have the same up to 14 days to show symptoms as the first one or is it faster ?

marginally faster, but you should still quarantine yourself for 14 days if you have a choice at all

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

14 days to show symptoms seems insane

that’s a fortnight

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

euphronius posted:

that’s a fortnight

delta is much faster than wild type, but you can still just be an asymptomatic typhoid mary

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

euphronius posted:

that’s a fortnight

that's only 95% of cases too lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

who's the nazgul in this analogy :thunk:

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

Atrocious Joe posted:

this is why we need to learn to live with the virus
https://twitter.com/MrsT106/status/1430508577177825280?s=20

Continue to live our lives with no more ICU beds or medical staff.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

something that i can't quite remember.

based on the cfr we think March in NY was probably the worst outbreak in the country, right?

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
convincing my family that roni isnt real again so they dont eventually find out about the horse paste poo poo and buy some

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

are people still seeing mild side effects from the third shot?

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Korean Boomhauer posted:

convincing my family that roni isnt real again so they dont eventually find out about the horse paste poo poo and buy some

went to pick up feed for the chickens yesterday afternoon and there was a big rear end sign at the store that said "SOLD OUT OF IVERMECTIN"

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

cr0y posted:

Hey other Pittsburgh goon, or anyone for that matter. Does anyone know if Pennsylvania has any sort of unified vaccine record keeping system? Trying to figure out what the best method is for scamming my way to my 3rd (and maybe 4th!) Shots.

Might just use my real name if they don't have any way to verify it live.

Check my posts. Click 'yes' for immunocompromised when you schedule. There really shouldn't be any followup questions at the pharmacy.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

The Renaissance Faire is still on this year starting on 9/3.

Guess their theme this year will be living in 1346 AD.

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
In that heat map what was the story behind Missouri being deep purple and then suddenly just devoid of data before returning back to a more 'normal' trend?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

we're never gonna know how many people actually died of covid worldwide but it's gotta be well over 10 million already based on the discrepancies that are easily observable with even the most cursory glance

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

Continue to live our lives with no more ICU beds or medical staff.

they didn't have hospitals in the time of Jesus. We can live without them today.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Zurtilik posted:

In that heat map what was the story behind Missouri being deep purple and then suddenly just devoid of data before returning back to a more 'normal' trend?

multiple places have tried to scam or massage the data in various ways in order to make it seem less bad (i honestly have no idea what this accomplishes, people still can't get hospital beds) and Missouri was one of them

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Thesaurus posted:

Well for me it was basically the same as 2nd Pfizer booster shot.

Moderna did seem faster acting given how the flu like side effects showed up the day of the shot for me.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

we're never gonna know how many people actually died of covid worldwide but it's gotta be well over 10 million already based on the discrepancies that are easily observable with even the most cursory glance

i mean it was probably a couple million in India's delta surge alone

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

"wave 2 is just getting started" vibes here

yellowD
Mar 7, 2007

Thesaurus posted:

Third wasn't as bad as second, but I was still flat out on the couch for a most of a day.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Thesaurus posted:

wife got her third dose of pfizer on Sunday and was knocked the gently caress out for two days.

Cithen
Mar 6, 2002

Pillbug

SirPablo posted:

Hail Merry

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Schnorkles posted:

i mean it was probably a couple million in India's delta surge alone

yeah and i think their official number is still only like 400k? lol

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

No one died of COVID, they only died with COVID, duh

Zeriel
Nov 6, 2004

Zurtilik posted:

The two big cities in the state both have indoor mask mandates. That probably helped slow it some. It's still chewing through rual areas though and there's a new hotspot brewing in the bootheel.

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
loving lol this is so stupid

https://twitter.com/DMRegister/status/1430527157692928006?s=19

quote:

As someone who hopes to soon teach science to our children, I want to encourage Iowans to look beyond what government and corporate authorities are telling them. We hope that our children will be inquisitive, aggressive questioners. Let us do the same and take a look at some facts:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sturgis county is up to like 35% positivity lmao

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

the author has a b.a. in biology lol

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

yeah and i think their official number is still only like 400k? lol

yeah, tons and tons of places where you could just multiply the official fatality rates by 5 or 10 and have the actual answer

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
This is the day my wife and I decided we were done eating at restaurants.

If I had known then what I know now I might have picked something other than Combination #11 from the mexican restaurant that day.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

euphronius posted:

that’s a fortnight

there was that case of a woman in Australia that tested negative three times during her 14-day quarantine, and then popped positive and became symptomatic on day 15, after she'd already been let out

a 14-day quarantine under wild type only caught 90% of cases: you'd actually want 21 days to get 99%

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I look forward to this guy getting a hundred interviews on NPR and other lib media as it ignores Cuomo just straight up burying 12k deaths

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

it's loving insanely irresponsible

my only hope is people see the 20-somethings goony rear end neck beard and dismiss the entire article out of hand

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

919 cases today in Sydney. They're now getting more daily cases than some Aussie states have ever had total since March 2020.

South Australia (i.e. Adelaide) has only had 870 total cases. Western Australia (i.e. Perth) has had 1,064 cases total so they're next.

Wait why does Oz have "ern" on the end of western but not south on state names, that's weird.

The names & shapes of most of the Australian states and territories have changed a huge amount over the last 234 years, it's dumb as hell.

The uppermost middle chunk which is now called the Northern Territory was originally part of the colony of New South Wales from 1787 (which took up about 2/3 of the continent before it got subdivided) and then it became the Colony of North Australia in 1846 (along with what is now Queensland), then merged back into New South Wales in 1847, then merged into South Australia in 1863, then it became the Northern Territory in 1911, then it was split into the territories of North Australia and Central Australia in 1927, then they merged back into the Northern Territory in 1931.

WA is actually the odd one out because it's pretty much been called Western Australia ever since it was officially named and kept the same shape right from the start

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_evolution_of_Australia

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

I'm excited for school to start in Chicago
https://twitter.com/MsLaidler/status/1430351488338042888?s=20
https://twitter.com/SSKedreporter/status/1430327487410675712?s=20

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Now that Oster has gone mysteriously radio silent the exact moment kids started going back to school there's probably a vacuum for someone with that message to fill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Iron Crowned posted:

No one died of COVID, they only died with COVID, duh

one simple trick that statisticians hate!