Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

giving all children permanent brain fog to own the libs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Zero COVID isn't possible, sad but true

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1430550949173604355

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

"immunity after infection offers protections" who gives a poo poo you're pro-infection lol

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

quote:

When these facts are taken together, we can draw a number of conclusions that fly in the face of the media hysteria:

We must acknowledge that people age 50 and up, and those with existing complications, should definitely get vaccinated. In this set of people, the risk of death from COVID upon initially contracting SARS-CoV-2 is high enough that they should not risk infection.

hahahaha millennials and under don't need to get vaccinated. yeah baby, paper of record for the state! woooooo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

This is the day my wife and I decided we were done eating at restaurants.

If I had known then what I know now I might have picked something other than Combination #11 from the mexican restaurant that day.

:lol:

I'm pretty sure that was the last day me and my roommate went to a restaurant. It was also Mexican, can't remember what I had, but there are days when I do crave the bottomless chips and salsa, and mediocre rice at those places.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

hey what gives I was specifically told COVID was endemic now

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

gradenko_2000 posted:

can't believe you caved on Glenn's pro-covid advocacy :(

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

lol, that’s the population of the town I grew up in.

I'm sorry for your loss.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Schnorkles posted:

something that i can't quite remember.

based on the cfr we think March in NY was probably the worst outbreak in the country, right?

i thought all the NY death was traced to cuomo putting the olds back in nursing homes after they filled ERs and got infected. no one was acknowledging air spread then so the sick olds just loving lit up the old folks homes and burned them to the ground with death

Lady Militant
Apr 8, 2020

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of class struggles.

gradenko_2000 posted:

you can't fool me, that's just the herd immunity argument reheated with some new sauce on it

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1430512679148478464

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1430513492356907008

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

brugroffil posted:

can't believe you caved on Glenn's pro-covid advocacy :(

I am a man of many threads

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

What the story with the quarintine from 30 different states.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I have to go into work, unlike your lazy rear end Glen

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011

It's really interesting because the restrictions they had really weren't draconian at all and they got out of this despite practically 0% of the country being fully vaccinated.

The level 3 "lockdown" still had most people going to work as usual, and taking the MRT, buses, and trains to commute as well (although ridership was much lower since people were scared). The main thing i can think of that was cancelled was schools and after-school programs. And of course everyone was masked, inside and outside. I think I saw a total of 2 people with their masks off from May to August.

E: oh and they also closed bars, clubs, and dining in restaurants, which I'm sure was critical too

first move tengen fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Aug 25, 2021

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Hollismason posted:

What the story with the quarintine from 30 different states.

if you come from a state that qualifies you are supposed to quarantine for 2 weeks. It's not enforced and I'm not sure anyone has ever done it. I should FOIA the health department to see if they even try to keep track of those numbers.

also Illinois itself qualifies as dangerous by their own standards
https://twitter.com/HeatherCherone/status/1430535434208047108?s=20

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Taiwan being covid free will make its assimilation back into China easier so that is good

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Goatse Master posted:

It's really interesting because the restrictions they had really weren't draconian at all and they got out of this despite practically 0% of the country being fully vaccinated.

The level 3 "lockdown" still had most people going to work as usual, and taking the MRT, buses, and trains to commute as well (although ridership was much lower since people were scared). The main thing i can think of that was cancelled was schools and after-school programs. And of course everyone was masked, inside and outside. I think I saw a total of 2 people with their masks off from May to August.

yeah ubiquitous masking + testing and good contact tracing seem like they're still effective in the face of delta. china got its delta surge under control with that too

first move tengen
Dec 2, 2011

euphronius posted:

Taiwan being covid free will make its assimilation back into China easier so that is good

gently caress you

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
i noticed a spirit halloween was near where i was getting groceries yesterday so i popped in and sadly could not find the fabled inflatable christmas tree costume :/

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
if this keeps up I think Biden has a real shot at becoming the most reviled president in living memory

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Casey Finnigan posted:

if this keeps up I think Biden has a real shot at becoming the most reviled president in living memory

I mean trump was president this year even

Shitpostradomus
Sep 19, 2020

by sebmojo
last time, on a very special episode of "The COV-Office."
- boss' bff od's on IVM; goes into brief Totally Cool Totally Normal coma
- "hey could you... check on the horses? /wink/"
- still shot of the main hallway and you just hear various people coughing
- coworker brings in toddler; shot of kid running around office; shot of toddler suddenly very ill
- boss, pointing at what looks like COVID-toe on his hand, "do you think something toxic in the ground at the baseball park caused this during his game last weekend?"

/theme song and pre-roll; produced by dick wolf/

answered a question i already knew today: if someone in this office had COVID, would we be informed of that? the answer is "No." i know this because the coworker that brought her toddler in has COVID and so does her toddler. i only know this because the boss' partner and HR were talking and, in between Black Angels songs, i heard their name and "sick" (she's been out four days; we don't offer PTO; that's kind of a big deal to miss without pay).

"they're the only person i know who didn't get the shot and got COVID."

here are other words that were said from human mouths and were, in no way, intended as parody:

- fda is owned by the nwo
- 'i believe in ivm not this vaccine stuff'
- 'it's the government making everyone scared'
- 'i say this /mame/ the other day'
- you know it's the only vax that goes into your bloodstream. vaxes aren't supposed to do that and if you shine a light where they injected you: you can see where the injection has gone through the vein and into the bloodstream.
- it modifies your RNA and that's not natural or something i'm ok with.
- if you look at history the way they control is talking you into things then the next time it's not a soft request. then it's harder. to the point where we are not deciding what we do.
- they came out with a navy article the other day with a navy officer who wouldn't let people on the ship make port calls unless they got the shot. can you imagine how lovely that is for everyone on that ship?
- 'and they think we're all too stupid to realize this,' from the woman who said she was thankful her chiropractor called her a little before the national emergency test and told her to turn off her phone because that was the way the president was going to ping everyone to see if it worked.

hoo wee. that's a lot--

as i typed this out, the front door opened and the co-worker who was out with COVID as of Monday walked through the front door. i'm not even making GBS threads you. first words: it's ok, i don't have a fever.

/shot of me, quietly closing my door. sitting back in my chair. making the face GWB made a few pages into that book on 9/11. while "New Sniper" by The Black Angels plays/

/cut to black/

next time, on a very special "The COV-Office"
- /funeral/

jesus actual loving christ.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

gradenko_2000 posted:

that was true for wild type, and was part of the justifications that the CDC used for itself when lifting masking

I've not seen a similar one for Delta

I would guess it isn’t functionally different if you’re spending all day working next to someone who is positive.

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy
its great that more people refuse to wear their mask in a one minute span in my local supermarket at 10 pm than the entire country of taiwan

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

euphronius posted:

I mean actually hated by people for real reasons, not like just hating trump because he's a generic republican who institutes generic republican policies, but uncouthly

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

euphronius posted:

But he has a core of support that will never hate him. Biden thinks he can woo that same core and is going to piss off everyone else in the process while still being hated by the cultists.

Probably an insane cult of 40% floor on the dem side too though that we're about to identify.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Shitpostradomus posted:

last time, on a very special episode of "The COV-Office."
- boss' bff od's on IVM; goes into brief Totally Cool Totally Normal coma
- "hey could you... check on the horses? /wink/"
- still shot of the main hallway and you just hear various people coughing
- coworker brings in toddler; shot of kid running around office; shot of toddler suddenly very ill
- boss, pointing at what looks like COVID-toe on his hand, "do you think something toxic in the ground at the baseball park caused this during his game last weekend?"

/theme song and pre-roll; produced by dick wolf/

answered a question i already knew today: if someone in this office had COVID, would we be informed of that? the answer is "No." i know this because the coworker that brought her toddler in has COVID and so does her toddler. i only know this because the boss' partner and HR were talking and, in between Black Angels songs, i heard their name and "sick" (she's been out four days; we don't offer PTO; that's kind of a big deal to miss without pay).

"they're the only person i know who didn't get the shot and got COVID."

here are other words that were said from human mouths and were, in no way, intended as parody:

- fda is owned by the nwo
- 'i believe in ivm not this vaccine stuff'
- 'it's the government making everyone scared'
- 'i say this /mame/ the other day'
- you know it's the only vax that goes into your bloodstream. vaxes aren't supposed to do that and if you shine a light where they injected you: you can see where the injection has gone through the vein and into the bloodstream.
- it modifies your RNA and that's not natural or something i'm ok with.
- if you look at history the way they control is talking you into things then the next time it's not a soft request. then it's harder. to the point where we are not deciding what we do.
- they came out with a navy article the other day with a navy officer who wouldn't let people on the ship make port calls unless they got the shot. can you imagine how lovely that is for everyone on that ship?
- 'and they think we're all too stupid to realize this,' from the woman who said she was thankful her chiropractor called her a little before the national emergency test and told her to turn off her phone because that was the way the president was going to ping everyone to see if it worked.

hoo wee. that's a lot--

as i typed this out, the front door opened and the co-worker who was out with COVID as of Monday walked through the front door. i'm not even making GBS threads you. first words: it's ok, i don't have a fever.

/shot of me, quietly closing my door. sitting back in my chair. making the face GWB made a few pages into that book on 9/11. while "New Sniper" by The Black Angels plays/

/cut to black/

next time, on a very special "The COV-Office"
- /funeral/

jesus actual loving christ.

meet girls at the store
Nov 4, 2002
Woke up this morning with hugely swollen lymph nodes, a slightly elevated temperature (99.5, I’m usually about 97.5 on this thermometer), headache, and a general feeling of malaise.

I’ve literally only gone out 7 times since mid-March 2020, always to medical or vaccine appointments, but I went to multiple pharmacies last week to get the booster shot. lmao if that’s what does me in.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

people aren’t ever going to hate/love Biden like trump

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Epic High Five posted:

Sturgis county is up to like 35% positivity lmao

My county is at 40. :mad:

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I like the idea of Biden drafting the entire country into service and deliver jabs via reaper drone

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
I want someone to make some kind of musical song and dance number about how bad Biden hosed up covid just like they used to make about Hoover back in the great depression times

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

euphronius posted:

biden's been doing this for a long time and is a bloodthirsty war criminal with an extensive criminal track record while being the author of the crime bill that has displaced american communities and said bill helped facilitate the spread of covid as a result of his white colonial settlerism education ingrained and baked into his partriarcial sentiments of an America that was supposed to be Back according to his deluded boomer snowglobe vision of suburbia and ice cream and people crying for his dead family he loved to gin up as a political opportunity and now you won't do the same for your dead covid infested family for his legacy? cmon man, you're telling me this tracks?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Tzen posted:

lmaoooooooooooooooooo

Seattle Public Schools just had a virtual townhall and q&a to address covid and safety concerns

all of the top voted questions on the public q&a form were related to "why is there no virtual option for all schools" "no school that has opened in america hasn't had outbreaks, what makes sps different" "please address thresholds for when sps will shut down classrooms or entire schools due to continued quarantine" etc etc etc

so of course they never even acknowledge those questions, didn't answer them, didn't mention them, nothing

instead answered all the softball questions

loving driving full speed ahead off a cliff

these loving motherfuckers

none of this is particularly shocking to me, but fuuuuuuuuuck this so much

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

41. <:mad:>

BIG HORNY COW
Apr 11, 2003

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

This is the day my wife and I decided we were done eating at restaurants.

If I had known then what I know now I might have picked something other than Combination #11 from the mexican restaurant that day.

My last dine-in meal at a restaurant was also at a mediocre mexican restaurant with a buffet style "salsa bar" in late February of 2020.

Probably never going to do that again!

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

euphronius posted:

trump was really not that unique. He was just a republican who was really oafish with a small amount of charisma. He only stands out because no other politicians even have his stupid clown appeal

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

lol this is the Chicago school districts COVID plan
https://twitter.com/MilaKoumpilova/status/1430565656693518349?s=20

If it gets bad enough they are going to ask to be allowed to do remote learning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Tzen posted:

lmaoooooooooooooooooo

Seattle Public Schools just had a virtual townhall and q&a to address covid and safety concerns

all of the top voted questions on the public q&a form were related to "why is there no virtual option for all schools" "no school that has opened in america hasn't had outbreaks, what makes sps different" "please address thresholds for when sps will shut down classrooms or entire schools due to continued quarantine" etc etc etc

so of course they never even acknowledge those questions, didn't answer them, didn't mention them, nothing

instead answered all the softball questions

loving driving full speed ahead off a cliff

these loving motherfuckers

lol glad we got on the virtual school option when we did.

now my kid magically attends Queen Anne Elementary.