Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

you don’t need to invent a word for “bad charisma”

it’s still just charisma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Joementum posted:

pex was right

that is the tragedy of the whole thing. Paradol Ex was right!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
hmm... feel like poo poo today.

sure hope i don't die. maybe.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
carter spent his days making sure reagan would get elected, and joe biden is going to do his damndest to get trump that second term he deserves

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
I've had on and off fatigue and headaches since Monday! Yeehaw!

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Casey Finnigan posted:

I don't think he is :shrug: he's funny I guess

obviously he's not charismatic to us but he is to the people who like him, which is a lot of people

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/politics/2021/08/24/tennessee-gop-legislators-want-hearing-ivermectin-covid-19-treatments/8249283002/

quote:

While poison control officials in Mississippi are warning the public about adverse reactions among residents who ingest a horse deworming medicine to treat COVID-19, some Republican legislators in Tennessee are suggesting the treatment should be normalized.

The conversation in Wednesday's joint Government Operations committee turned to controversial COVID-19 therapeutics after two speakers during public comments brought up the drugs, despite the issue not appearing anywhere on the committee's agenda for the day.

"I would say it's an issue that deserves consideration," said Rep. John Ragan, R-Oak Ridge, the chairman of the House government operations committee, in an interview on Friday. "The generalities seem to indicate that therapeutics are something that need to be explored more in terms of availability to patients and information availability to patients."

A woman speaking during the Thursday meeting who said her name was Amber Purdue and identified herself only as a "research assistant" suggested that members of the General Assembly could advocate for the use of non-FDA-approved drugs to treat the virus, despite the federal agency warning against doing so in most cases.

"Federal guidance is just guidance," she said. "You as the legislators in this state have the power to say we're going to use ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine or budesonide as treatments or therapeutics in the treatment of COVID-19, which is obviously recognized as a pandemic."

WE ARE hosed LMAO

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

euphronius posted:

you don’t need to invent a word for “bad charisma”

it’s still just charisma

i think charisma is a natural modifier for covid resistance since you might get better access to care due to networking ability to create opportunities early i.e. pay to play

too many variables in the IRL system though so this only works in certain conditions

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

mod sassinator posted:

carter spent his days making sure reagan would get elected, and joe biden is going to do his damndest to get trump that second term he deserves

carter covered up the Vela Incident, the single largest nuclear proliferation incident in history.

Jimmy Carter is and was a sack of poo poo.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
them oak ridge boys gonna make us eat horse paste

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

Wamsutta posted:

my work has handled covid well. shut it down mid march 2020, full WFH. postponed re-opening from June 2020, to Sept 2020, to '2021', to June 2021, to Oct 2021. Been a while since we got an update. Today they send a VERY vague email out saying basically 'only critical staff are in our buildings globally, the vast majority will continue remote work until it is possible to safely allow more staff into the building following extensive floor plan renovations'. They're trying to not pull the trigger on saying 2022 like a bunch of other companies have, but we're definitely not going back this year. which rules really hard

hell yes!!!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Google Butt posted:

lol still lying that vaccines will solve this, nice

stop it yourselves is the message

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

This is the day my wife and I decided we were done eating at restaurants.

If I had known then what I know now I might have picked something other than Combination #11 from the mexican restaurant that day.

March 13th was our last outing to a restaurant and we knew it so we splurged on cocktails and good food

Edit: Oh huh it was Friday the 13th

jisforjosh fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Aug 25, 2021

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

U-DO Burger posted:

obviously he's not charismatic to us but he is to the people who like him, which is a lot of people

yeah but I think the specific reason he seems so charismatic to people who like him is specifically because the world of US politics is so devoid of anybody with anything resembling a human personality that he towered among the rest like a golden god because he was stupid and funny

in most other contexts I think he's just a regular freak

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/the-new-yorker-documentary/an-alabama-womans-neighborly-vaccination-campaign

if you have 16 minutes here’s a short doc about a woman in Alabama who got 96% of her town vaccinated just by talking to everyone and then arranging for a pop up to come

Alabama is 36% fully vaccinated.

In good news, it looks like 48% of Alabama has one shot, suggesting that their vaccination rate suddenly jumped recently

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Solarin posted:

stop it yourselves is the message

correct

thats the american can do experience I know

we're supposed to be back, you're telling me you're still gone? cmon man

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

fosborb posted:

3 years ago today I participated in a disaster scenario training for the county. mass causality plane crash at the airport. I had severe internal injuries and cool make up!

boy did we prepare for the wrong disaster (horse paste shortages)
lmao everything is so dumb in hindsight
thinking back to some active shooter in office setting i took many years ago
lmao the greatest threat to my safety has been my dumb rear end colleagues not wearing masks

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26
https://imgur.com/a/j5Ag7mG

source: covidactnow.org (very reputable site btw)

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

my brain read that as Rep. Joe Rogan R-Oak Ridge and my heart skipped a beat for a second

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

oh god Ohio is leaking further into Pa

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

those 2 green counties on the west coast :argh: does no one live there or what

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
*whispers aggressively* one point nine trillion shots in arms

was supposed to end in july so my press sec could look good shuffling papers on the final covid press conf

cmon man!

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
given all the dumb chud remedies I'm surprised they haven't tried to get everyone to take up smoking since it's been shown it might provide some protection against cytokine storm

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

lmao oregon is going to be the next US hotspot it seems. the deep red is just closing in from all sides

washington is next too *gulp*

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

life's easy breezy here in Orange Western NY!!!

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Tzen posted:

Alpine Co, California pop. 1,100

Wheeler Co, Oregon pop 1,300

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Dolphin posted:

given all the dumb chud remedies I'm surprised they haven't tried to get everyone to take up smoking since it's been shown it might provide some protection against cytokine storm

they all already smoke

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Today

Yesterday

Since Jul 26

cmon florida, do me proud now, paint it deep red

those 5 hold out slightly lighter value red counties are embarrassing us right now

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

:horse: to the ivermectin inquiry

Weaponized Autism
Mar 26, 2006

All aboard the Gravy train!
Hair Elf
South NJ...again :argh:

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
https://twitter.com/Clarknova1/status/1430249403521060864?s=19
lmao. regret buying this dumbass's CDs

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Tzen posted:

looks like the one in Oregon is Wheeler, which only has 1441 people, and the one in California is Alpine which has 1229 people, so yes

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
alaska looks really bad too and they are pretty hosed if hospitals are full. where will they fly people.. to canadian hospitals?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

mod sassinator posted:

lmao oregon is going to be the next US hotspot it seems. the deep red is just closing in from all sides

yeah it's loving wonderful, and school starts the 13th too.

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Dolphin posted:

That was debunked after it was revealed the nicotine study was funded by Big Tobacco

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Idiocracy was wrong, this is more like an American future imagined by David Cronenberg imo

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Weaponized Autism posted:

South NJ...again :argh:

hey maybe if everyone's dying in manhattan again someone will do something

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
and I'm All out of Ass
i think the delta surge is when the pacific northwest is going to finally find out. they got off pretty light in the last two surges. there's been a whooooooole lot of loving around up here since then

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Alpine Co, California pop. 1,100

Wheeler Co, Oregon pop 1,300

actionjackson posted:

looks like the one in Oregon is Wheeler, which only has 1441 people, and the one in California is Alpine which has 1229 people, so yes
brb gonna move to Wheeler

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Buffer posted:

Yesterday -1 of those positive students was in kiddos class, they quarantined a 3 foot zone around the positive

our society is deeply broken