Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

and between the ivermictin and extremely smoothened brains how are brainworms supposed to survive

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Tzen posted:

yeah everyone up here acting like covid is over, just wearing masks at the store yet still eating out and doing everything else, poo poo is gonna hit the fan soon

I'm gonna tell on myself here for a minute and admit that I just went to Woodland Park Zoo with a friend as my 'last normal thing before SHTF'. I took yesterday off so I could go mid-week and avoid most of the crowds. Despite there not being an outdoor mask mandate like the last time I was there, most people were still wearing them of their own volition. Not all children I saw were masked up but I'd say a majority were.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

Any blue collar job outside of medicine is way more unvaxxed than vaxed in my experience.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Cup Runneth Over posted:

identical vibe to me of "child raises $30,000 for cancer treatment on GoFundMe; charity WIN" articles

well it’s not like anyone else is gonna come along to help

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

lol glad we got on the virtual school option when we did.

now my kid magically attends Queen Anne Elementary.
gently caress yeah good for you

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Pryor on Fire posted:

Any blue collar job outside of medicine is way more unvaxxed than vaxed in my experience.

lol medicine is very unvaxxed if you add in nurses and nursing home staff

Zurtilik
Oct 23, 2015

The Biggest Brain in Guardia
Well it's like Governor Fabaus said: It is safe to say, to the informed and intelligent, that Arkansas has been known as a liberal and progressive State – perhaps the most liberal and progressive State in the South today.

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Broken Box posted:

I know the answer is "because they're dumb, no further elaboration required" but I really don't get why the Q/antivax crowd fixated on an anti-parasitic medication for anti-viral purposes and how most people can''t look at that discrepancy at the face of it and say "obviously this won't work"

Gnosticism is very old and weirdly attractive to a lot of people.

Pryor on Fire
May 14, 2013

they don't know all alien abduction experiences can be explained by people thinking saving private ryan was a documentary

mod sassinator posted:

lol medicine is very unvaxxed if you add in nurses and nursing home staff

They finally started firing those people around here so I think the stats are getting better

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

meet girls at the store posted:

They just suggested and approved 3 months of FMLA, just like that? I feel like I’m about to snap but my doctor just keeps telling me to “hang in there.”

i've been at my workplace in some form or another for like half my life, and i've been seeing my therapist for 5 years. i've been bitching to him about my workplace and how they treat me like poo poo for a longass time now, so that might be why he didn't really question it.

i understand that i'm incredibly fortunate to have a doctor who's this understanding

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
Trunp is charismatic to the type of person who buys timeshares and get suckered into buying pyramid schemes

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

euphronius posted:

he’s literally the best tweeter of all time
yeah he dethroned dril like 10 years ago

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Lmao our union (Illinois state employees) just sent out an email saying they oppose mandatory vaccination for state workers, citing people who can't get it for medical reasons BUT ALSO people who don't want to take it because of religion OR because they're SCARED

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Lacrosse posted:

I'm gonna tell on myself here for a minute and admit that I just went to Woodland Park Zoo with a friend as my 'last normal thing before SHTF'. I took yesterday off so I could go mid-week and avoid most of the crowds. Despite there not being an outdoor mask mandate like the last time I was there, most people were still wearing them of their own volition. Not all children I saw were masked up but I'd say a majority were.
yeah we did a Woodland zoo trip about a month ago, just as things were turning up. Was the last big 'normal' thing for us
same on the mask usage, most wore them, kids were 50/50.
since then it's been isolated parks, trails, beaches, playgrounds at low-peak times, etc.

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

jesus christ

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Death By The Blues posted:

It will be mind boggling how many 40-70 year olds Americans Delta will just scythe through.

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1430510845583405057

It's Florida, just feed them to the gators or let them bake, most of it will decompose in a few days

Forseti
May 26, 2001
To the lovenasium!

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

Trunp is charismatic to the type of person who buys timeshares and get suckered into buying pyramid schemes

In other words, Americans

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I loving hate this man.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

burn it all down please

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

we're never gonna know how many people actually died of covid worldwide but it's gotta be well over 10 million already based on the discrepancies that are easily observable with even the most cursory glance

Thereabouts.

https://www.statnews.com/2021/05/06/new-analysis-finds-global-covid-death-toll-is-double-official-estimates/

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/michaelmina_lab/status/1430532687056580613?s=21

sorry but it's easier just letting the bodies pile up and occasionally tweeting "get the vax".

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Casey Finnigan posted:

i hate this man so much

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass
lol duke and other nearby colleges started last week, now the hospitals in the area are filling or full

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/triangle-hospitals-in-crisis-unc-rex-has-more-patients-than-beds/19841758/

quote:

Representatives from the Triangle’s three major hospitals sounded an alarm Wednesday about COVID-19's strain on area hospitals and a dangerous shortage of patient beds.

Speakers from Duke Health, UNC Health and WakeMed held a virtual news conference at 10 a.m. urging the public to do their part and get vaccinated.

According to UNC Health spokesperson Phil Bridges, approximately 463 COVID-positive patients are being treated in 12 UNC hospitals statewide. More than 3,500 COVID patients are hospitalized across the state, the most since Jan. 21. The positive testing rate stands at 13.5 percent as of Wednesday, when there were 6,130 newly-reported cases.

At UNC Rex, the ICU is full, and there are more patients than beds, Dr. Linda Butler, the hospital's chief medical officer, said.

Officials from WakeMed and Duke Health echoed her concern, saying hospital beds are filling up and wait times are long.

"Our staff is working harder and our wait times are longer than they’ve ever been,” shared Dr. Timothy Plonk, emergency medical director at Duke Raleigh Hospital. “It’s creating a great deal of stress and frustration … people are having to wait longer than they ever thought they’d have to wait for healthcare in this country.”

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

You know, I guess you can take Ivermectin if YOUR SCARED!

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I quit my job today because I have to be at home to watch my kids full time and now my buddy is telling to me learn 2 code and I want 2 scream.
congrats man, you're doing everything right

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007

mod sassinator posted:

lol duke and other nearby colleges started last week, now the hospitals in the area are filling or full

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/triangle-hospitals-in-crisis-unc-rex-has-more-patients-than-beds/19841758/

luckily for them this is as bad as it's gonna get

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

is there an official reason why people are using horse ivermectin and not just the poo poo you can get OTC from walgreens

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
whole lotta people are gonna learn to code in the ICU this fall

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

my county just went from high to very high spread with more than double new cases reported yesterday, sending the cases line STRAIGHT UP

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Broken Box posted:

I know the answer is "because they're dumb, no further elaboration required" but I really don't get why the Q/antivax crowd fixated on an anti-parasitic medication for anti-viral purposes and how most people can''t look at that discrepancy at the face of it and say "obviously this won't work"

snake oil chatter actually seemed to fall when cases fell in the US. ivermectin talk was big in Jan/February but when cases fell everyone forgot about it. it blew up again just this month because cases were back

When cases skyrocketed again, fear was driven into everyone and they needed a solution

I’m guessing the options were a) admit you were wrong and get the vax, and b) don’t admit you’re wrong and find another cure

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

Agean90 posted:

is there an official reason why people are using horse ivermectin and not just the poo poo you can get OTC from walgreens

horses are cool walgreens drools

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Agean90 posted:

horse ivermectin has that rich apple flavor the chuds crave

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Tzen posted:

congrats man, you're doing everything right

I feel like I am doing the right thing but my brain is on fire right now.

also now I gotta take down my PROUD UNION HOME sign I think. can't be a poser.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

sounds inadvisable but IANAD

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Steve Yun posted:

snake oil chatter actually seemed to fall when cases fell in the US. ivermectin talk was big in Jan/February but when cases fell everyone forgot about it. it blew up again just this month because cases were back

When cases skyrocketed again, fear was driven into everyone and they needed a solution

I’m guessing the options were a) admit you were wrong and get the vax, and b) don’t admit you’re wrong and find another cure

some antivax dude is gonna screw around in a homemade lab in his shack with stuff from under the sink and end up creating the cure

Nocturtle
Mar 17, 2007

I quit my job today because I have to be at home to watch my kids full time and now my buddy is telling to me learn 2 code and I want 2 scream.

Hmmm maybe you could try consulting instead?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Broken Box posted:

you don't? really? can't figure that one out?

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/23/media/right-wing-media-ivermectin/index.html

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Steve Yun posted:

I've never seen a Chud at least at work turn their back on their junk science beliefs, it's like dealing with cult members.

Pfizer microchip and he's a article to prove that livestock medicine works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

ivermectin is funny because there's nobody even making tons of money off it, it's all very anticapitalist