Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Stevie Lee posted:

whole lotta people are gonna learn to code in the ICU this fall

drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

big cummers ONLY posted:

Lmao our union (Illinois state employees) just sent out an email saying they oppose mandatory vaccination for state workers, citing people who can't get it for medical reasons BUT ALSO people who don't want to take it because of religion OR because they're SCARED

They should mandate vaccination OR ivermectin, that will make everybody happy.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

U-DO Burger posted:

sounds inadvisable but IANAD

biden begging like a pathetic old man, being a super downer and ruining my vibes by being a loving creep

or

rocking my yeezies at a new kanye concert that's long overdue?

last i checked, I'm american and biden sent troops and cops to kill people for my convenience and i have the right to my leisure time and you will not infringe on this

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
well I guess half this country is going to kill itself on horsey sauce, shame about the kids that are going to be poisoned by their parents but ya know if you want to make an omelette….

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

ivermectin is funny because there's nobody even making tons of money off it, it's all very anticapitalist

somebody is making money here.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

gently caress all of this

what's crazy though, is the guy who runs the clinic seems to be both pro-ivermectin and pro-vaccine. never seen that combo

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

mod sassinator posted:

lol duke and other nearby colleges started last week, now the hospitals in the area are filling or full

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/triangle-hospitals-in-crisis-unc-rex-has-more-patients-than-beds/19841758/

My mom has a scheduled procedure that needs to happen ASAP on Monday at Chapel Hill at UNC Medical Center and I sure hope this doesn't mess that up.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

hmmm gosh i can't figure out why chuds keep getting fixated on arbitrary drugs as totally worthless covid snake oil cures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAjcrrGdfDI

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

There were shots provided at his last one but only 4 attendees got them.

I would've taken the Ye juice regardless of my current vax status.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Agean90 posted:

is there an official reason why people are using horse ivermectin and not just the poo poo you can get OTC from walgreens

can you get it OTC? people are getting online doctors to write scrips for the human stuff

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

um I didn't miss that part obviously I mainline this poo poo daily I missed why the chud grifters fixated on the anti-parasitic in particular out of all of flavors of snake oil

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I pulled all the numbers from 8/20-8/25.

Here is a handy map of Hospitalization Increases over the past 5 days. The only real surprise here is Indiana and Maryland somehow making the top while Illinois, Georgia, and Virginia don't.

Here is a handy map of ICU bed Increases over the past 5 days. Crack Pinging at sturgis

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Cup Runneth Over posted:

hmmm gosh i can't figure out why chuds keep getting fixated on arbitrary drugs as totally worthless covid snake oil cures

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAjcrrGdfDI

I loved the Trumo press conferences going over things like proven UV and fish drug treatments.

While Trump regime people like Brix seemed to be dying inside in the background.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/EugeneDaniels2/status/1430548133323362306
lol

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Broken Box posted:

um I didn't miss that part obviously I mainline this poo poo daily I missed why the chud grifters fixated on the anti-parasitic in particular out of all of flavors of snake oil

it's just the current marching orders

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1430570175787569157
all active/reserve mandated to get jabbed
all us citizens when biden?????

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
im guessing part of the appeal of ivermectin is also the feeling that you’re taking control of your destiny. relying on a doctor to tell you what to do about your health makes one feel weak and reminds you that you rely on someone else to be healthy. when you’re out hunting for ivermectin you feel like you’re the one taking care of yourself.

ivermectin is a token or talisman, something you can hold in your hand and feels empowering, that lizard part of your brain tells you “as long as I have this thing in my possession, I will be okay”

Steve Yun fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Aug 25, 2021

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Steve Yun posted:

im guessing part of the appeal of ivermectin is also the feeling that you’re taking control of your destiny. relying on a doctor to tell you what to do about your health makes one feel weak and reminds you that you rely on someone else to be healthy. when you’re out hunting for ivermectin you feel like you’re the one taking care of yourself.
too bad they didn't go the booster/respirator route

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

the fact that m4a isn't being screamed about in the wake of this policy disaster is a goddamn travesty in this shithole

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

that is some choice marketing conundrum

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Please covid smite my enemies.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

this thread is getting absolutely blasted with new posts, seems like we got a lot of new people too, welcome everybody glad to have you all

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tzen posted:

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1430570175787569157
all active/reserve mandated to get jabbed
all us citizens when biden?????

I bet piles of them will whine it about but end getting the shot given their life skills.

Semper Fries

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

inferis posted:

this thread is getting absolutely blasted with new posts, seems like we got a lot of new people too, welcome everybody glad to have you all

Seems like COVID is over.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Judakel posted:

i've never cared less about lives than i do australian lives

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Agean90 posted:

is there an official reason why people are using horse ivermectin and not just the poo poo you can get OTC from walgreens

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Broken Box posted:

I know the answer is "because they're dumb, no further elaboration required" but I really don't get why the Q/antivax crowd fixated on an anti-parasitic medication for anti-viral purposes and how most people can''t look at that discrepancy at the face of it and say "obviously this won't work"
I'm curious about the specificity of this poo poo too. Like why ivermectin specifically? The answer is probably "cause they're dumb" but you do still wonder the origin

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Dolphin posted:

I'm curious about the specificity of this poo poo too. Like why ivermectin specifically? The answer is probably "cause they're dumb" but you do still wonder the origin

a paper floated up that suggested it and then got PULLED BY BIG PHARMA

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Dolphin posted:

The thread had some earlier quotes but it started overseas with some junk research papers.

The research papers and also the Dewormer being used in other countries gave the idea credibility for vaccine avoid Chuds.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

I just spoke with my union VP about covid :roflolmao: we're doooooooooomed

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 368 days!
The cool thing about all the horse paste groups in facebook is how easy they are to get into, no gatekeeping whatsoever :evilbuddy:

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Shifty Pony posted:

we totally could have sold young kids on the idea of everyone wearing a mask as it being a year of astronaut/submarine school.

basically what pediatric hospitals do to make kids cool about getting CT and MRI scans:

magnet goon please paint it like this for me when i come in for my scan

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

BONGHITZ posted:

magnet goon please paint it like this for me when i come in for my scan

I wish! In my scan people wrote inspirational messages inside the tube lol

Contrast feels nice. You get to feel your blood system and get a nice buzz

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

https://twitter.com/paschutz/status/1430586645896650752?s=20

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Dolphin posted:

the Kory et al. "meta-analysis" turned out to be a disguised product advertisement for the authors' own ivermectin-based product. the academic journal Frontiers retracted it and apologized:

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Schnorkles posted:

a paper floated up that suggested it and then got PULLED BY BIG PHARMA
oh that makes sense, anything that the scientific community debunks gets immediately embraced by conspiracy theorists as part of their "if it works it would cure everyone and they couldn't keep making money selling it" shtick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة

Hollismason posted:

If I didn't read this thread I would never have learned about Humira and the vaccine

If any of your troll brunches were real you were in danger the whole time and didn't even know it. :)