Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

lol @ thread title

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Danforth
Jul 11, 2008
Did the Ivermectin stuff start recently or back a while? Merck felt the need to make a statement on it back in Feb:

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

U-DO Burger posted:

lol @ thread title

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

text editor posted:

8k/week 30k bonuses are 100% hazard pay because the clientele will all be the type of people who try to intentionally pull your mask off and spit in your mouth or shoot you if you don't give their dad horse paste

this is the standard developing country medical worker experience; most people doing this type of work get by on less than $80 a week probably and have done so forever.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

they were literally just hawking their own snake oil product. just like Andrew Wakefield.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Dolphin posted:

oh that makes sense, anything that the scientific community debunks gets immediately embraced by conspiracy theorists as part of their "if it works it would cure everyone and they couldn't keep making money selling it" shtick

its explicitly this

while ignoring that you can charge a stupid amount of money for "cures" because it means you can amortize the cost against the entire lifetime of insurance care for said treatment.

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

need to enlarge "always wants everyone dead" to include nearly all canada geese

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Danforth posted:

Did the Ivermectin stuff start recently or back a while? Merck felt the need to make a statement on it back in Feb:

https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-covid-19-pandemic/

paper surfaced in December I think? someone may know better than I

it was immediately flagged as super dodgy and got pulled.

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Danforth posted:

Fox News has mentioned it several times this year, on Hannity and Tucker and their prime time show.

the original "paper" was a fraud to scam people into buying a specific product.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 370 days!

Danforth posted:

I recall reading about it last year on loony twitter (along with hqc/zinc) but it's really picked up in recent weeks

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

sacrifice more to make your sacrifice count or it will not have been worth it

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

tenderjerk posted:

I recall reading about it last year on loony twitter (along with hqc/zinc) but it's really picked up in recent weeks

gosh I have no idea where anyone could have gotten the idea

oh wait it's the largest cable news channel doing it

mod sassinator
Dec 13, 2006
I came here to Kick Ass and Chew Bubblegum,
and I'm All out of Ass

Danforth posted:

it's been going for a while, i want to say around the start of the new year. there were real doctors that were really into it until the wheels fell off all the science. dr. drew pinsky was really into it and ultimately had his youtube channel shut down for a few days over it lol. dr john campbell was sadly big into it until the science definitively fell short

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

There it is

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

also now I gotta take down my PROUD UNION HOME sign I think. can't be a poser.

unionize your children

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Ivermectin just sounds like a word that would get stuck in boomer brains.

Iver-mectin.

Iver-mectin.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

mod sassinator posted:

it's been going for a while, i want to say around the start of the new year. there were real doctors that were really into it until the wheels fell off all the science. dr. drew pinsky was really into it and ultimately had his youtube channel shut down for a few days over it lol. dr john campbell was sadly big into it until the science definitively fell short

I know the Chud doctor Robert Malone (Inventor of mRNA!) also endorsed it which help whip the Chuds into a fury as being a better alternative to getting vaccinated.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Animal-Mother posted:

Iver-mectin.

Iver-mectin.

be sure to drink your ivermectin

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
rich appley ivermectin

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Vaccines are Liberal and they will do or take anything to fight covid rather than take the Liberal vaccine, including die.

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
ivermectin...

what's the deal with ivermectin?

the tube it comes in has a horse on it
the aisle you buy it in has horse supplies in it

they should call it "horse-mectin"

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

he said on the nations biggest cable news network

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dolphin posted:

I'm curious about the specificity of this poo poo too. Like why ivermectin specifically? The answer is probably "cause they're dumb" but you do still wonder the origin

Here's a handy paper that researches the origins of ivermectin's popularity as a covid treatment it was Australians that started it in April 2020 LOL enjoy your horsepaste everyone, love from downunder!! :wave:

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/350610718_A_Timeline_of_Ivermectin-Related_Events_in_the_COVID-19_Pandemic_April_3_2021

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
unions have an understandable wariness of businesses telling their members what they have to do. it just isnt the right reaction for this moment

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God

Animal-Mother posted:

Iver-mectin.

Iver-mectin.

clap clap clapclapclap

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Animal-Mother posted:

Iver-mectin.

Iver-mectin.

some 50s era Ovaltine jingle for dewormer

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Animal-Mother posted:

Iver-mectin.

Iver-mectin.

co-stanza

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

covid

Lovelyn
Jul 8, 2008

Eat more beans

mod sassinator posted:

lol medicine is very unvaxxed if you add in nurses and nursing home staff

It's not just the nurses, it's pretty much everyone in the hospitals except the physicians who are taking this seriously

Every doc I've spoken to about this thinks unvaccinated staff should be fired immediately

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
Another one of my friends was saying they're restless and they want to go to the adhoc burning man this year. The planning groups had a split over if covid exists or not. The restless comment came after I said it would be stupid to go.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
Iver the Boned

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Lovelyn posted:

Got report from night shift about this lovely convo that happened overnight:

Nurse: We need to transfuse blood, do we have your consent?
Wife: ONLY GIVE HIM UNVACCINATED BLOOD

Gresh
Jan 12, 2019

https://twitter.com/BNODesk/status/1430584920838230016

we made it boys

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I know the various Chud co-workers at my company love citing Dr Robert Malone

Even though :
-He endorsed the Horse paste dewormers as a valid treatment for COV19 / Worth Checking out!
-Claimed spike proteins produced by mRNA vaccines would flood the body with dangerous cytotoxins which was easily disproved with basic science

https://www.theatlantic.com/science/archive/2021/08/robert-malone-vaccine-inventor-vaccine-skeptic/619734/

DarkEuphoria
Nov 7, 2012

Good news for us j&j only folks (yeah yeah, that’s pretty much just me)
https://twitter.com/USATODAY/status/1430583398947508227?s=20

quote:

Johnson & Johnson also said Wednesday studies show a booster dose of its vaccine offered a ninefold increase in antibodies compared with the vaccine on its own.

The company said it was working with federal officials, including the FDA and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, on next steps to boost the effects of the vaccine and ready a possible booster shot.

DarkEuphoria fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 25, 2021

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Lovelyn posted:

It's not just the nurses, it's pretty much everyone in the hospitals except the physicians who are taking this seriously

Every doc I've spoken to about this thinks unvaccinated staff should be fired immediately

Yeah plus as shown by places that did crack down with vaccine mandates, most people whined but didn't quit.

Plus I'm sure their coworkers were relieved to hear less Alex Jones style conspiracy theory ranting each day at work.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

I've been astral projecting myself to UQA for months.

You could probably hide in bhy kracke for a little while just tell the cops your kids go to school in the area? Or find an empty mansion and go full squatters rights there's probably a ton of second and third homes empty up there

goth smoking cloves
Feb 28, 2011

:sickos:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

WOO! NUMBER!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

what's horse pastin my dudes