Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Burrow is playing versus the Dolphins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/Broncos/status/1430573590806728704?s=20

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

COWARD

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Lmao

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

sing through it, drew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbF1nOzIpJA

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
When Teddy eventually falters Lock will Dilfer his way to a Super Bowl. It is all according to plan.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Nick Jr. Face posted:

When Teddy eventually falters Lock will Dilfer his way to a Super Bowl. It is all according to plan.

This is the Way

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The only thing Drew Lock is Diflering his way into is a one year starting job for the Cleveland Browns six years from now

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Patrick Surtain over Fields/Jones and rolling with Teddy looking like a good value decision.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
So who is gonna be the Broncos head coach next year? My comedy option is Adam Gase Josh McDaniels :getin:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

fartknocker posted:

So who is gonna be the Broncos head coach next year? My comedy option is Adam Gase Josh McDaniels :getin:

Anthony Lynn

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

a neat cape posted:

Anthony Lynn

People kinda like him though.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I'll take someone from the Andy Reid tree

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I'll take someone from the Andy Reid tree

You want David Culley?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nobody wants Bieniemy for some reason so you could go after Kafka but I'm not sure I can recommend hiring a white guy with no OC experience out from under Bieniemy.

You could always hire Nagy after he fails to start Fields and gets run out of town

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Daboll bringing Mitch with him

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Andy Reid's defensive (and ST) coaching tree seem to fair better than his offensive coaches

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

kiimo posted:

Nobody wants Bieniemy for some reason so you could go after Kafka but I'm not sure I can recommend hiring a white guy with no OC experience out from under Bieniemy.

You could always hire Nagy after he fails to start Fields and gets run out of town

Think it might be a combo of his history and the Reid tree taking some hits lately. Nagy is on the verge of fired, Rivera fired then rehired to do an image rehab and Pederson flamed out hard.

There's the racism to of course.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
"Coaching trees" are silly and arbitrary.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Training with a sensei is neither silly nor arbitrary, Spherechan

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Coaching trees are like drafting QBs from certain colleges. People love to point at it as a reason to go or not go with a guy right up until it doesn't work at all.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Those are all guys who got hired off being Andy Reid's assistants. The expanded stuff you're right but Zach Taylor was hired because he hung out with McVay for a bit so it's relevant.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I think there is truth to the rumour that Belichick plants a killswitch deep into every assistant's subconscious and activates it as soon as they find a HC job

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Brian Flores seems to be good

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

sweet thursday posted:

I think there is truth to the rumour that Belichick plants a killswitch deep into every assistant's subconscious and activates it as soon as they find a HC job

Josh McDaniels coming back from Denver to the Patriots

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Every coaching tree goes back to Paul Brown eventually.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
I wonder who the most recent common ancestor (coach) is for the entire NFL head coach + coordinator population

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I have a theory that such a large percentage of being a head coach is the boring machination and administration of a staff of dozens of people and players and all their calendars and the job is really only like 10% football brain stuff, which is part of the reason so many retreads keep getting hired, because they got their Masters of Football Administration under other coaches/programs

But also its because owners and GMs are dumb and incestuous, but at least thats part of it

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Zoran posted:

I wonder who the most recent common ancestor (coach) is for the entire NFL head coach + coordinator population

Bill Walsh

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
The Broncos have to be the best overall roster with the worst quarterback option, right? Maybe the Panthers I guess?

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

The Broncos have to be the best overall roster with the worst quarterback option, right? Maybe the Panthers I guess?

WFT is in the mix

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Yeah the issue I've always had with them is coaches can have a decade+ of experience bouncing around but if they spend a couple of years with certain coaches suddenly their a part of a coaching tree.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

blarzgh posted:

Bill Walsh

Who comes from the Paul Brown tree :v:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

quote:

Jets DE Vinny Curry announced he developed blood clots and will miss the 2021 season.

The Jets placed the 33-year-old on the reserve/PUP list Tuesday, but it's now been revealed why and the severity of the issue. The New York doctors caught the blood disorder, and it required the removal of Curry's spleen. He's now on blood thinners and can't play in a contact sport for the next 3-6 months, meaning he's done for the year. Curry is the second free-agent edge rusher the Jets have lost after stud DE Carl Lawson tore his Achilles' last week. The Jets badly need to acquire some help at the position.

Also Becton the starting LT is being evaluated for a concussion.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

blarzgh posted:

Bill Walsh

Sid Gillman

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Everyone who ever played offense with Peyton Manning is in the Manning coaching tree.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Sean McDermott should go with Rivera imo.

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Every modern NFL offense can be traced back to Sid Gilman and Paul Brown except the Ravens, who can be traced back to Bill Yeoman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Ahahahaha no way this stupid gently caress gets the jab

https://twitter.com/ChadGraff/status/1430585844545490958